Boring and problematic end-game

Arena, you are staryed from half last completed wave, e.g. I died on 240 and restartedfrom 120, it took me 15mins just to reach 190. my max was 309, so 8f want to push further I need to spend 1+ hour of uninterrupted play… no possibility to exit and continue later, or to be started from last wave -50… …

Farming high corruption seems useless, currently I am at 550 corruption butdrops are the same as 100, so why to push further?

no group play features, e.g. find group.

sad that after 1 month of play nothing todo anymore and EHG seems to not care about end-game.

2 Likes

For end-game, what they are adding next are pinnacle bosses. They also want to expand monoliths somehow.

They have said they want to add a grouping/LFG/matchmaking feature of some kind.

1 Like

Pinacle Bosses are not really appealing, see D4 :slight_smile:
But why they ignore Arena? that is the real end-game…

1 Like

I’m not really excited about pinnacle bosses, either. We already have bosses with tons of health who one-shot you. Why do we need bosses that do that, but more?

3 Likes

Quite possibly the saddest statement I have seen on these forums, so far…

4 Likes

why? Do you know what end-game means right? or we start again the discussions about it like in Diablo 4 forum where devs did not listen for more than 6 months and ignored end-game in D4 and now is a dead game…

This is season 1, which is intentionally a blank season so end game is naturally thin on the ground. Use this time to experiment with builds and/or classes to see what you like so you can start the real seasons with a class that you enjoy.

The point of getting to really high corruption isn’t the main focus of the game. The devs stated that 200-300 is where they consider the end game, as anything a lot higher than this is over performing.

Having to do 50% of an arena again is because you died and thus a penalty that you have to overcome. You can’t just be rewarded for failure in your previous run! Doing content should be enjoyable without rewards imho. Maybe try some fun builds or non meta? I’ve no idea what you are playing at the moment but if you’re getting +550c then it’s likely a broken or over tuned ability is carrying you, though this may not be the case of course.

I don’t agree here and to be honest when people state this is makes them look rather foolish and attention seeking as it’s a rather over used statement to gain attention or troll.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, kid. Are you still rambling?

Arena is the most brain-dead, uninspired quoteunquote content that this game has. If it’s the end-game, then this game is beyond doomed.

1 Like

There’s a reason we were upset when the amount vendors paid for arena keys was reduced. That reason is that players preferred to sell the keys rather than run arena.

2 Likes

I can still accept that players want to give their feedback, even if it has already been written 2000 times here. I might even understand that maybe in the moment of frustration, one doesn’t feel like structuring or composing a grammatically correct text. But this comment is absolutely the worst trash one can possibly utter and is utterly outrageous.

4 Likes

Arena is an endgame format that only a small minority enjoys. There are many games with similar mechanics and they always tend to be the least liked. (EDIT: they the mechanics, not the games, just clarifying).

1 Like

Drops are better and your sample size is very small. I’d continue to push higher and farm for a few 100 hours at that corruption before you start comparing.

Interesting. You played every Class? Every build? Found 4 LP items for those builds?

With that said the End Game in any ARPG is trading. This is a loot hunting trading game. That’s why D2 has the best End Game in the ARPG market and is arguably the best ARPG of all time. Why it’s timeless and still a reason to play D2. Because of the LOOT! The Loot is what gives the game replayability along with builds. To farm with something else and then do it again.

Games don’t need some Pinnacle Boss what they need are interesting builds to farm with because that’s why we log in. Doing 10,000 Meph runs in D2 or making yet another Sorc or Barb for Trav runs because you are “hunting” for those really rare valuable items. That’s the attraction of an ARPG and the true End Game. THE LOOT!!! Which LE does right.

With that said more new features is always better just like D2R got Terror zones to farm now but Last Epoch is off too a solid start because did you find all the 4 LP items yet for that build? If you did then what about the next build? That is where the End Game and replayability really is.

1 Like

D4 was dead on arrival, it was never a game. It was a tool to make money produced by people who don’t care. That’s why they ignored end game and didn’t listen, doing so wouldn’t make more money. You already bought the game. They got your money. They won. When they saw the monetization of additional seasons wasn’t as profitable on a per manhour basis as something like CoD battle passes it was guaranteed they weren’t going to waste additional development hours on it. It’s Actiblizz, it’s a soulless moneygrab from the start. If you still haven’t realized that a decade later that’s on you, not them. D4 is objectively just worse in every way than D3, and of course it is, because D3 was too expensive compared to the returns in their eyes. D5 will be worse yet, but folks will still buy it, because folks will always buy well advertised garbage.

1 Like

I’m curious what they could do that would demonstrate they “care about endgame”. Would it be to release patches on a weekly or daily cadence with complete, bug free features? Software takes time to write, time to test, time to document and market. I think it’s disingenuous for you to feel that they’re just sitting around smoking cigars and counting mountains of cash.

1 Like

but you know that in Arena you will die anyway right? this is the end of Arena when you die, this is the design. how to not die?? e.g. in Diablo 3 Greater rifts you can fail because you do not finish in time, and also it seems in D4 new Pit system will be the same, but in LE Areana the only end is when you die! or you sugest me to not die in Arena so to not get the penalty?

A must do is few Arena changes which is very easy to do: allow player to restart from last wave done - 50, or even max wave done - 50. Currently in game-leaderbaords have 50 entries… I was always wonder why they did not put 5 entries, or even better, 3! come on man, add at least 10000 entries in leaderbaords!

Nope sure isn’t. So lets say I get off of work and want to play for a little bit doing some waves of Arena then portal too town when I’m done. Next time I go back in there got to repeat waves again which means I wasted my time. There really isn’t a need for that. If I portal too town on Wave 175 next time I use a key I should start at 175.

There really is too much down time repeating pointless stuff in this game that can be removed. Corruption should scale faster, Alts should be able to start at higher corruption (since they have great gear) Lets get people into the content they want to do without hours and hours of boring gameplay just waiting to get there.

2 Likes

this does not happen, you are restarted from half. and anyway at a point you will die right? so why not when die at wave 500 they do not restart you from 250 but from 450?
and I was disconnected from the servers on wave 280, so not died, guess what, I was restarted from 140.

I suppose I hear you. I HAVE seen a difference in 100 vs 300 corruption in monolith but only in relation to what the monolith boss drops.

My issue is different I suppose. I spend tons of time farming the same uniques and exalted only to always fail trying to move an affix onto a unique. I am at about 30-40 failed attempts now. I have spent time mulling all this over because I DO get RNG but I think at this point, I would like the RNG in acquiring the different items to remain but legendary crafting should give power to the player in terms of which affix moves over. I am at about 340 hours and this promise of furthering my character being actual non-stop failure is starting to feel really bad.

*I don’t do/know/care about leaderboards though so I don’t know if people would be upset by that level of change. IE—“I finally managed to mash the right thing over onto the unique and I like having that edge!”

Anyhow, I am stuck at a different place with the end game so sorry for sidetracking a bit.

3 Likes

Yes, I am aware that you die! That’s the challenge and also starting from half way again means you get to farm the gold and rewards along the way and starting from where you left off wouldn’t allow for that. It also removes content from the game and makes you work for the reward.

As far as alts benefitting from the progress of your main. Just NO!! That would be totally awful and I can predict with confidence that they wouldn’t implement that! Just because 1 build can achieve a certain level doesn’t mean another can. This would make rolling alts pointless as they wouldn’t have anything to do. Games are supposed to be played because they are fun, not skipped to save time. If you feel you need to skip content then it’s clear you don’t enjoy it and you need to play something else.

1 Like

rewards are very poor in Arena. you do get the poibt… Arena is meant to be played to push for leaderboards, if they restart me from half last wave I need to continous play from 1+ hour to reach my max and push further, e.g. I just got to eat today and let the char waiting in Arena wave 230 and when came back I was disconnected for inactivity…

anyway, I am done with this game until they fix end-game. better play Diablo 4 PublicTestRealm for S4 than this.