Bladedancer is dead?

Ok i will check this then.

1 Like

Yeah that actualy works like that.

1 Like

So, now it is more dmg insted of +%
Right?

not exactly.

For the old “Effect” it was basically multiplicative with pen, now its not.

like take a ignite that deals 50 dps. with 50% fire pen and 50% effect on a 0 resistance monster, you get 50 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 112.5 dps.

now with the same set up the effect is replaced with 50% more pen, which stacks additively with the pen you had. So now its 50 * 2 = 100 dps.

The change effects how good certain items are depending on builds. shred is also additive with pen, so shred basically became way weaker for most ailment builds who now often times get tons of penetration.

I dont think its an open and closed case of “Ailments are now bad” but rather they should be slightly weaker overall and will have different choices of items/blessings.

3 Likes

Yeah and other classes will be fixed/nerfed/buffed when there is time for but it needs time.

No, it just has a bug where it may not spin2win when hit with a shield, especially if the “owner” isn’t the first one into a zone.

But but but you can only apply 1 stack when previously it was 3!!!11one.

1 Like

Ah ah, that was funny.
Good luck with that.

1 Like

Please explain.
Bladedancer can create shadows, but not all shadows can now throw a bladestorm, and not all of them can beat the enemy?

There are 2 changes that matter:

The 3 Bladestorms could previously hit the same target, doing 2 hits/sec each for 6 hits/sec total
Now you can still have 3 bladestorms and they can hit 3/sec each but no longer work on the same target so 50% damage reduction (and 50% less ailment application, like Shadow Daggers)

Umbral blades got a severe increase in mana cost on the first throw. Previously you could create shadows (costs a lot of mana) and then use Umbral blades for 0 mana cost to throw daggers from the shadows, which even gave you back some mana from the rogue passive which triggers on using 0 mana skill.

Now you don’t only not get that mana back, but Umral blades costs mana itself. Sync strike + umbral blades is unsustainable combo, kind of similar how they killed the Shadow Cascade + Sync Strike combo several patches ago.

I keep being amazed by the crutches in this game.

Previously, I could throw 3 storms myself, or with the help of shadows.
Since in this game the description often diverges from what is actually there, I have a question.
Are shadow storms considered “mine”? Are they also subject to a limit of 1 storm that deals damage?
And here’s another question. And the homing bladestorm stubbornly directs all storms at one enemy, despite the fact that only one storm is effective?

ps
Now I have drawn attention to the pun that has formed.

You can spend a lot of resources (mana, skillpoints) and take advantage of the unique mechanics by creating additional shadows.
But the storm limit will not allow you to throw more than 3 storms, and only one of them will cause damage.

It sounds extremely tempting))

And here’s another interesting thing.
If I have a passive for increased shadow damage.
I create a shadow, I throw a storm, respectively, by myself and by the shadow, it’s possible in another way, but it’s difficult
The question is, what kind of storm will the game cause damage to? Mine? Ignoring my shadow’s storm with increased damage?

You don’t quite understand how it works.

Bladestorms are an aftereffect of your daggers. Typically daggers thrown stay on the ground until they expire on until retrieved. If you don’t take the bladeform node this still functions as normal. Each shadow will throw a dagger and then that dagger will sit on the ground.

When you take the bladestorm node you can now never have more than 3 daggers on the ground - and they spin as bladestorms. If you have shadows the shadows will launch the initial dagger as per normal. Only the bladestorms on the ground will get overwritten.

The homing effect works towards the nearest valid target to each dagger.

The main argument behind this nerf was that your could use the bladestorms as an active damage ability without actually using the skill with the node that leaves daggers on the ground on shadow inspiration. You could play any build with any active skill and every time you use shadows the daggers would spin and hit the enemy 6 times/sec, which is a substantial damage boost for doing absolutely nothing at all.

The OP is really upset because this change also severely reduced the number of shadow dagger application the skill does.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say I’m not doing anything. I reserve 1 out of 5 skill modification options for this.

In addition, there are a lot of examples in the game when skills use skills from a neighboring branch, while the developers presented this as a feature of the game.

Shift with shurikens, flury with multishot, etc.

Shadow Cascade + Sync Strike is unsustainable combo

Its sustainable(its mathematically perfect combo) but u lose survivability and cant kill t4 jurla for this(i mean i cant its to hard for me with this build).

How is sustainable? Because extra mana and regen doesn’t solve the problem. Extra mana efficiency for skills is a bit of a joke, is not enough due to the low values that doesn’t make up for the huge cost of 5 shadows sync trike.

Can’t help much because I am playing other games until the official 0.9 release, but this approach to nerfing is a bit concerning.

Reminds me of GGG, killing a certain combination from several angles. Not allowing to overlap damage was enough, but hey, lets make certain combination impossible to sustain.

Shift
P.S. Devs dont nerf this build it is hard to play. Mana recovery is mathematically accurate, mana consumption is 100% .Its super squishy and super hard to kill t4 Jurla.

1 Like

That will still trigger on the second and 3rd throws.

I’m curious, given you could only ever have 3 bladestorms (after they fixed a bug), and the bladestorms from your shadows would overwrite bladestorms from your throws (if i understand it correctly, thus youcan benefit from any increased damage from #### your shadows do affixes). So as long as you have at least 3 shadows out you’ll be getting the max damage. I can’t remember the cooldown on smoke bomb nor can I remember if Sync Strike has any skill nodes that also buff the shadows’ damage.

So my question is, why use Sync Strike? You can get shadows from smoke bomb (cheaper but possibly much longer cooldown) and you can get 1 shadow from Shift (not the 3 you’d want for max bladestorm damage). Dancing strikes can also create shadows and that, at least, isn’t on a 10 s cooldown, nor is it obscenely expensive.

They thing with sync strike is that it doesn’t have cooldown, you get 3-5 shadows, trigger another skill and repeat.

Yeah, it would be quicker but much more expensive. That said, you could only have 3 bladestorms out at a time so it’s not like being able to “spam” shadows is necessary for bosses and trash dies quickly enough to the bladestorm direct damage rather than the shadow dagger procs. I’m not sure i see the need for sync strike IMO.