Bladedancer - Corsair Set Bleed Umbral Blades Guide 0.8.5 - 100% Block | 3 Million Dps | Face Tank T4 Julra

Ok thanks

My Semi-Optimized Character
This is my first character that is based on a build guide for Last Epoch. And i would say that i really like this one.

The damage is more than enough for me. And i could even facetank 300 corruption Orobyss (he has a certain attack that launches a rock through the arena, which deals MASSIVE damage and some blood orbs that do almost as much damage. All of these attacks were facetankable) and T4 Urla (can tank a couple of laser ticks and that shower attack). I have no experience in Last Epoch endgame, but i guess it is really nice to be able to melt bosses while stadning in their deadly attacks. It was actually easy to play 300 corruption with this build too. If i am not mistaken, last time i’ve died was at the time i had 2k life and 67% void resistance from void damage (now i have 3121 life and capped void resistance) while looking away, because i was watching a fucking anime with subtitles on the side.

It is definitely a nice build, but getting more and more hp is really hard on some pieces. The rings and the belt are pain to get, the body armour is most likely an even bigger pain to get, i just was lucky at some point to craft mine with those rare shards. And the resistances are really hard to get too, unless you sacrifice something. But i guess that’s minmaxing for you. Talking about minmaxing, i guess adding some attack speed as fifth affixes would be really nice, because the gameplay feels kinda clunky at times (mostly when you are getting stunned). I guess that’s all i’ve got to say.

1 Like

Love your build. If has a lot of very nice active play. I also got a salt the wounds on a random drop on a zero corruption level 85 monolith today! I wanted to know if you thought that 5/5 art of the blade in synchronized strike had that much value… other than speeding up puncture? Why not show 3 more points into foreshadowing? Wouldn’t that mean the ss → umbral blades damage would be greatly increased?

In theory attack speed doesn’t matter, but in practice I feel it makes a big difference and having that 50% bonus makes it much more comfortable.

As I wrote in the damage mechanics, we can theoretically deal up to 39 hits per round with SS+UB, of which only 20 are actually dealt by shadows.
That’s only about half of the damage done by shadows (the actual percentage may be higher), so the benefit of the shadow inc bonus is theoretically not very high (about half ?)

3 points of Foreshadowing would provide a 120% shadow inc bonus, I would probably see it as an equivalent to a 60% inc.
Overall this isn’t that huge of a boost, for example if you already have a total of 1000% inc, then 60% would only increase the total damage by about 6%.

True.

What a nice build ! i created a rogue just to try out and damn that work just great to explore the content of the game !

I was wondering the same question for foreshadowing but it seems like yeah atq speed feel better… im still trying to balance out with crimson storm to see if just one point in crimson storm to max out art of the blade and foreshadowing is worth… ofc having less tankiness from that is something but the bleed damage from it could be overcome by foreshadowing dmg maybe ??? anyway this is a nice build !

Thank you for this guide. I learn a lot.
I never think to recall my spinning blades :slight_smile:
I think i will forget shadow cascade to puncture when i will drop the SET.

Why dont you use shadow daggers on Umbral blade ?
I test after reading, the explosion doesnt proc it all the time ! strange.

Hi!

This seems like a very nice build indeed! I’m level 65 atm, and I have the two set items, including Valdyr’s Chalice. But I don’t have Salt the Wound yet, is this build still viable without those? Or untill I find some?

Right now I’m wearing Vowen Flesh as my armour, for the 100% crit avoidance, untill I get the blessing. But would it make more sense to use an armour with health and the Dush Shroud ability?

This build still the same? Any major nerfs?

Apostasy doesn’t work for some reason.
I think this passive is critical for this build

Have you confirmed this issue in offline mode?
Because I reviewed the character in offline mode in version 0.9b and it worked fine.
Maybe it’s a display bug, as far as I know it’s a bug that’s been around since CT

1 Like

You’re totally right!
This is a visual bug.

My rouge, with a fairly high dodge rate, did not dodge once.

It’s been around since the beginning of conversions. Mhaelin’s Hubris converts bleed to ignite (or the other way around) but doesn’t update the character screen.

In terms of damage there is some nerfs, but overall is still playable

but how viable is it for endgame?

I didn’t make any changes to my character and finished killing T4 Julra again in offline 0.9, which didn’t make much difference except that it took a little longer

This has been pretty good so far, excellent work.

Am I missing something, but when I set my character up like this it said I had 0% glancing blow chance. Is the shield consuming my glancing blow chance to turn it into block? And when playing it, it feels like I have 0%. Dual wield swords feels just as tanky for me with 100% glancing blow and no block. Anyone else experiencing this?

The 2-piece set bonus does, yes.

Glancing Blow reduces damage taken by hits by 35%. If you have a 100% chance to block (compared to same GB), as long as you have more than 35% Block Mitigation, it is better.