Black Screen (Mostly)

I have had the game just stop displaying textures completely. I can see only health bars and nothing else. Today, on login and in arena, this happened. I managed to get through to wave 40, but when it went to zone to the next set of waves it crashed.

I have no been able to find a single fix to resolve this issue.

1. GPU Drivers and all other drivers are up to date.
  2. AMD Ryzen CPU / Nvidia 3060GTX

I tried messing with graphics settings in game, no fix.
screenshots.zip (867.5 KB)

Hey.

This is a common issue that is usually solved by one or more of the following options:

1. Veryify your game files through steam. Very important as corrupted game files mess everything up.

2. You didnt provide your logs or system info so I cannot check, but make sure that your OS is patched and that you are using a recent graphics driver - very important NOT the latest and greatest ones as these are usually unstable… stay away from 466.77 - it has issues.

3. In game graphics are VERY important - as a test, temporarily set the in-game settings to 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (NOT vsync) and ALL in-game graphics to very low or disabled… This config is the most stable and if the same problem happens at these EXACT setttings then its unlikely graphical related… If the problem goes away, then you can increase your res and test, then fps (MUST be limited and monitor GPU usage % to average between 60-70% by reducing FPS limit) and lastly in-game quality settings (not recommended to go above medium if you are having hassles).

4. Sometimes the game can get messed up, and deleting the le_graphicsmanager.ini file and then starting the game can make sure that the game gives you default graphics.

5. Disable any overlays (Steam/Nvidia etc) and temporarily do not run anything else while playing LE - purely as a test, as there are other apps etc that can mess with LE. Sometimes they can be very obscure (like Citrix / Teamviewer) so its best while testing to not use anything if you are having hassles.

More help I cannot really provide without your logs & dxdiags etc.

Likely culprit was 466.77; since downgrading I have not had an issue.

Great, glad one of the suggestions worked…

Enjoy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.