Black screen except for UI when loading into new zones + random crashes

So there is no specific point in the gam this has happened. It started happening in 0.8.3 I never had this issue before everything will be black except for the ui after loading into a zone. I will load into another zone to get rid of it. moments later a crash will close out my game. this seems to happen randomly.

Also the crashes happen eve if I don’t get the black screen.

https://imgur.com/L9NYU6P

Processing: crash.dmp…
error.log (81.6 KB)
Player.log (101.6 KB)

error.log (39.9 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (483 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (97.0 KB)

Hey there…

This one has been reported quite a few times before and generally its been a driver version/performance issue/game file corruption. Its a bit of a mixed bag kind of problem without 1 definite solution. If I recall this issue has even seemed to be related to window mode and affected by third party apps…

Your error logs show UnityPlayer.dll & GameAssembly.dll - both parts of the Unity Game Engine. They tend to be there if the game files are messed up or if there are GPU driver related issues but there is usually something preceeding them that is more specific to the problem. These dlls also show up if there is a third party app conflict. The player.log is showing Direct3D texture creation errors which are usually performance or driver related - i.e. if the GPU is struggling or running out of memory, these are the typical errors that show up in the logs.

Your in-game settings should be ok… but because of your higher resolution, obviously quality settings have an exponetially higher impact so personally I would consider more conservative settings to improve the general game stability (and take some pressure off your GPU) - the texture creation errors you are getting are usually related to in-game settings.

Your dxdiag gives more info:

1. Your GPU driver is too old… 9/29/2020 … You need to update this to something newer… VERY IMPORTANT… dont do a driver upgrade… you need to do a safe mode clean driver installation - an upgrade will not replace problem files & doesnt get rid of older files that could be causing issues. If you dont know how to do this manually then you can use something like DDU.

2. You are using VB-Audio Software with very old drivers versions… I mention this because there have been quite a few people having various hassles and quite a few are using various virtual VB audio cable drivers etc so its best to check that its not involved. Best check for all your VoiceMeeter etc drivers too.

3. Obviously if you are streaming etc, then you need to try and confirm that your streaming config and software, which obviously uses system resources, is not possibly causing performance issues in the game. If this applies, and I assume it does, then you need to check that all your streaming software is updated etc…

4. The diagnostic section of the dxdiag (end of the file) shows a few things… nothing that I would consider critical but you may want to check your View Reliability History and see what can be fixed or explained safely.

• Last Epoch crashes - as expected.
    • Memory management with vsserv.exe (BitDefender), Chrome, and obs64.exe (OBS)
    • Microsoft.Windows.Photos Crashing

My recommendations:

1. GPU driver installation update - very important
  2. Steam Game file verification - to ensure that the install is ok.
  3. Check third party apps and drivers for updates
  4. Consider testing LE without any other applications running to see if they could be affecting the game
  5. Monitor your system performance and consider being more conservative with the in-game settings - especially if you are streaming at the same time. LE has performance related issues and your logs are showing the usual signs that this could be affecting you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.