Black screen and fan speeding up

Hi,

Drivers are up to date, deleted the le_graphicsmanager.ini file. steam file verified.
Graphics set to very low, window bordered and full screen
Player-prev.log (3.0 MB)
Player.log (57.2 KB)
DxDiag.txt (117.4 KB)

after 2 - 3 years i gave the game another go, i didnt have trouble running the game before and game with apparently higher graphical requirement on higher graphics settings without much issue.

I crashed three time after speaking with the guard npc upon reaching the corrupted map after retrieving the first shard in the campaign. Updated the graphics and bus drivers, cleaned graphicmanager.ini file, i could continue without issue for a bit before crashing in the middle of another map. The time between crash are inconsistant, i could play a couple of minute before a crash, last night i played 2h without issue.

Every time the crash is the same, my two moniters goes to black / disconnect, i can still hear the game for a couple of seconds, immediatly after the screens going to black computers fan goes to full speed until i have to shutdown the computer with the power button.

Cherry on top I had a funny restart of the game i had the settings back to medium by itself but the camera was zoomed in almost to the max and no possibility to zoom at father than that, solved with a restart of the game.

Heya

Really sorry to hear this is happening

In the post, upload your dxdiag report. I’ll have a look at them and see if I can make any suggestions.

In the meantime, try verifying Steam game file integrity just in case :slight_smile:

Thank you for the quick answer,

i forgot to add that file integrity was check twice (before and after deleting the le_graphicsmanager.ini file).

DxDiag.txt (117.4 KB)

i edited the main post with the info too.

Hi again

DxDiag

Your DxDiag contains some errors indicating that you have some issues with Windows patching.

There’s also an indciation that Windows Desktop Manager crashed:

Nom d’événement : APPCRASH
Réponse : Non disponible
ID de CAB : 0

Signature du problème :
P1 : dwm.exe
P2 : 10.0.19041.746
P3 : 6be51595
P4 : KERNELBASE.dll
P5 : 10.0.19041.2193
P6 : 7f7062e1
P7 : e0464645
P8 : 000000000010fdf2

I’d recommend running a system file check, just in case: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-corrupted-windows-10-installation/

Logs

Your log files contain some errors indicating Direct 3D (part of Windows) or your video card was unable to create some of the game textures.

d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=2 d3dfmt=10 [887a0005]
D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (1920 x 1080 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x887a0005
(Filename: Line: 207)

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (1920 x 1080 fmt 19 aa 1), error 0x887a0005

Crash!!!

This could be related to corrupted system files or a specific and unfortunate incompatibility with your combination drivers, card, Last Epoch, Unity, etc.

After the system file check, things you can try are:

• hardware diagnostics (RAM test, eg)
  • reseating your graphics card and RAM
  • downgrading to an older driver version
  • a different graphics card, if you can get your hands on one

thank you for the feedback, i do have a problem with the patching of windows, can’t seems to be able to install it on reboot, would make thanks that the missing texture be a possible cause for the problems.

I’ll see if it solve the problems or try to dig futher in the Direct 3D path.

1 Like

Windows was repaired with command line in admin with sfc /scannow which repair the corrupted files, updated sucessfully after that. Crash again after that with a blank player.log, crashed again without a crash directory for the session.

Checked ram with window memory diagnostic tool without problem detected. I did a new sfc /scannow without issue detected.

Finally crashed with a correct player.log file, still had the part with the direct 3D problem :
D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (1920 x 1080 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x887a0005

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (1920 x 1080 fmt 19 aa 1), error 0x887a0005

Crash!!!

Player.log (69.3 KB)

i found this page https://forum.unity.com/threads/d3d11-failed-to-create-2d-texture.392286/ that recommends :

• Update GPU drivers
  • Uninstall GeForce Experience
  • Disable any app used to monitor framerate
  • Uninstall or reinstall NVIDIA Audio drivers. Some users have also reported that turning off Image Sharpening helped with similar issues, which can be disabled through the NVIDIA Control Panel.

i dont have the image sharpening option in the nvidia parametre app apparently.

i dont think the GPU drivers are in cause, since i had a few versions behind, and new version didn’t change the crash.
At least the game is not unplayable, just annoying when the session between are minutes short instead of hours.

Thanks for this link.

It would be very frustrating to have to deal with this.

Hopefully with all the information people provide on these posts, EHG can find a naughty texture and give it a good spanking fix it :slight_smile:

Hello Thojira, have you find any resolution for this issue ? I am having exact same problem for last 2 months its so annoying… Thinking of reinstalling windows soon

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.