Bitterwing and thier attacks

bitterwing… and Blood Spires to, and well every blood spell, makes the game fps drops to a palce where the game isnt playable

Hey…

This should probably be in the bug section to get more notice…

There are a few threads in the bug section about FPS loss from the spires - specifically the Moon & Blood Spires and if I recall the devs made some changes in the small patches that came in the week after 0.8.2 dropped… I’d recommend looking at those threads for more info - and maybe adding your two cents or creating a new thread with some more detail for the devs to test or try to reproduce your experience…

As for bitterwing etc… thats more of a general play type issue that could point to the known issue of having lots of mobs and/or skills proccing at the same time… It could also be a factor of whatever settings you are using to play the game - i.e. if you are pushing graphic settings for your hardware or not using framerate limiting, then certain effects in-game tend to have a relatively bigger FPS spike than if you played with more conservative settings.

Personally I have found that if I run the game at or near the limits of my gpu (i.e. 100% usage) the fps spikes can be very big - sometimes as much as 50fps+… If I dial back the settings and limit the framerates to something my gpu finds more manageable (average 60-70% usage), then the same situations fps spikes are much less @ 10-15fps - this is much less noticeable during normal play…

Obviously the same performance issues can be in play with the Spires but this assumes that there is nothing inherently problematic with the spire effects themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.