BIG fps drop after crafting items

Hello everyone.

Since the beginning of this patch , my fps are really weird , at first I couldnt understand or find the issue. I would get super smooth capped 60 fps ( so probably more than 60) after starting my session and would quickly go down after a couple of minutes , as low as 20-30FPS. When getting low fps , i would restart the game , get stable fps , and then go down again. Over and over again. Now I know what the issue is , i’ve tested it many times. CRAFTING ITEMS ! If I open the crafting UI and craft an Item , performance gets worst. If I do it again , it gets even worst. Hopefully there is a fix soon !

Oh and , great job EHG , amazing patch and love the insane potential of the new monolith system!

Hey…

Any chance you can post your ingame settings & system information?.

Myself and one of the community testers have found issues with FPS on the Stash & Inventory UIs… I have not personally noticed the same in the crafting UI tho… Your system & settings info could help when trying to reproduce your specific finding…

1 Like

Player.log (55.6 KB)
Player-prev.log (211.5 KB)
DxDiag.zip (17.3 KB)
output_log.txt (3.9 MB)

Hopefully I provided everything that was needed! thanks for looking into this

And most of the time , if I craft I have the inventory open right ? So the problem could be from the inventory i guess

Thanks… I will link this to the other bug post threads…

In theory the Forge UI and the Inventory UI open at the same time could definitely be related… The other tester found an odd thing with the inventory being full of 1x1 items like rings caused an FPS drop so anything is possible… It could even be a problem with doing multiple crafts one after another…

Out of interest… if you set the game settings to a really low config like 1080p, 60fps framerate limited, every setting on very low or disabled… Does it stil exhibit the same FPS drops that get worse and worse?

1 Like

Yes , I mostly play on very low 1080P 60 fps and it is where I encounter this issue.

Thanks for confirming - just wanted to make sure its not related to the graphic settings… I run similar settings as they seem the most stable…

1 Like

The E patch refers to UI performance issues that are still being fixed (not yet live)… so maybe F patch will have something around your finding…

1 Like

Yes! And Stanzwar replied to me on reddit saying they found the fix to my exact issue. Apparently it was caused by opening the crafting materials panel for the first time during a play session. I’m glad they are already working on a fix! Gotta love EHG!

1 Like

Apparently fixed in the F patch as hoped…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.