Monolith of Fate
- Restored The Rotting Hoard’s boss arena to its original size so that the Emperor of Corpses’ Soul Bomb attack can be avoided properly. Additionally, the damage of Soul Bomb has been increased back to the very painful amount it used to be.
- Fixed a bug where leaving a completed monolith echo via a town portal created before completion would grant rewards without applying the modifier from that echo. It now applies the modifier as well.
- Fixed an issue in Fallen Harbour echoes where one spire could spawn slightly out of bounds, making it unreachable for some builds.
- Fixed an issue in Boreal Forest echoes where two spires could spawn right next to each other which looked and felt weird.
- Fixed the shop inventory in Echo of a World never refreshing/refilling.
- Changing the behavior of the left mouse button now properly works in both Online and Offline mode.
- The attack used for breaking barrels is now distinct from the regular basic attack. It is faster by default, does not scale with attack speed, and uses a more appropriate animation while you have a bow equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain damage multipliers based on ailments to not grant their damage bonus. The affected nodes and items were:
- Abyssal Echoes’s Embrace the Darkness
- Arcane Ascendance’s Chronoclasm
- Firebrand’s Inferno
- Hungering Souls’s Inspired Hunger
- Summon Sabertooth’s Snow Stalker
- Summon Scorpion’s Shock and Claw
- Volatile Reversal’s Food for Wyrms
- Warcry’s Horrifying Cry
- Firestarter’s Torch
- Fixed a bug where when continuously using an ability all uses after the first would be delayed slightly on the server based on your ping. This caused the creation of their visuals to be slightly out of sync with the animation.
- Fixed a bug where in both online and offline if you clicked to use an ability then clicked again to buffer another ability use, but clicked to move before that second ability use started, it wouldn’t cancel that second ability use.
- Fixed a bug in online where if you held down the move button and then used two abilities in succession, where the second was a reactive ability such as teleport or snap freeze, the second ability would be instantly canceled by movement, but would still go off on the server.
- Updated many base skill icons, skill tree icons and passive tree icons throughout the game. This should create a higher quality and more thematic experience of browsing through skill trees and passive trees.
- Fixed a bug that caused skill levels and available skill points to display incorrectly in many situations when the player had a source of additional skill level from items.
- Fixed the elemental conversion / damage type icons in the skill trees window not showing in Online mode.
- Fixed a bug in online play where Druids could not switch the abilities on their action bar while transformed.
- Fixed a bug where moving to a new zone in online mode would cause a previously summoned Abomination to be resummoned as if it had not consumed any minions.
- Fixed Tempest Strike having a missing texture (pink blocks).
- Fixed a bug that caused Forgemaster node in Forge Strike to not spawn axes.
- Fixed a bug where Rip Blood’s second Blood Splatter could apply Bone Curse through Cursed Limbs when triggered by Crimson Enlightenment.
- Static Orb’s baseline effect of more damage and increased area based on distance traveled now also applies to Charged Ground.
- Fixed a bug where the area increase from Static Orb’s Storm Burst node did not apply to Charged Ground.
- Charged Ground now has the area tag, and its description states that it benefits from Static Orb’s damage and area bonus per distance traveled.
- Improved Blood Splatter’s hit detection, fixing problems where it would sometimes not hit targets it should have.
- Updated the visual effects for Thorn Totem’s Rotten Core node.
- The Pillars of Heorot node for Thorn Totem now converts 100% of Physical base damage to Cold (from 50%) and increases Freeze Rate to 30 (from 15).
- Removed Thorn Shield’s slight priority for targeting players over minions, and mobile minions over immobile minions, which we introduced in 0.9g. This was removed to avoid the negative impact it had on builds that target minions with Thorn Shield.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players from entering Dungeons. The key was consumed and you could access the lobby, but the transition into the dungeon itself did not appear.
- We are aware that players can sometimes not interact with the boss door at the end of Dungeons (the window to continue does not appear when you click). This seems to be more likely to happen to players that are by themselves. If this bug happens to you, joining a party should fix the problem. Otherwise, relog and try again. We are working on a fix for this.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Julra to fail to drop a boss-specific unique item or exalted item.
- All loot now has an animation when it drops to the ground.
- Updated all loot models on the ground. They are more performant and look better.
- Added a generic bag model for small items such as jewelry, relics, and belts, and an idol model for idols.
- Updated all visual effects for items and gold on the ground, i.e. the vertical colored beams.
- Exalted items now have their own visual effect, rather than using the effect for rare items.
- Added a visual effect to potions on the ground to make them more noticeable in combat.
- Updated visual effects for all chests being opened.
- Added a special visual effect for the chest in Echo of a World.
- Fixed a bug where item effects that relied on switching to or from a moving state didn’t work in multiplayer. This fixes mods on the following uniques:
- Transient Rest
- Flight of the First
- Orchirian’s Petals and Ashes of Orchirian now sell for 144 gold, from 250. If you know, you know.
- Fixed a bug where the time rift to The Ancient Cavern would not re-open if you returned to The Precipice.
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple “you are here” markers to show at once when zoomed out on the Imperial Era world map.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be unable to start the wave fight in The Risen Lake if another party member completed the fight while they were not present.
- Fixed a bug where you could still talk to Rouj Zabat after he died.
- Added a work around to prevent Chapter 7 quests being uncompleteable if you skipped around during party play (the quests will be completed when moving on to Chapter 8).
- Fixed a bug where the sidequest in Etendell could get stuck on the “Defeat Winged Fire” objective if you killed the Siege Golem before the Winged Fire.
- Adjusted the Sirens and Sailors and To Shell With It quests to prevent situations where killing the enemies available in the zone was not enough to complete them.
- Fixed a bug where if you left a form while walking your character would slide in human form instead of playing a walk animation.
- Fixed a bug where if you left a form while using a 2h weapon your character would hold it like a 1h weapon and use 1h weapon animations.
- Fixed a bug where the indicator for Haruspex Orian’s stab attack wasn’t always lined up properly online.
- Fixed a bug where the indicator for Argentus’ ice spear stab wasn’t always lined up properly online, and the skill itself was not shown.
- Updated the visuals and sound for Bitterwing’s ice breath attack.
- Fixed a big lightning particle effect being left on screen when Meruna Ogres died.
- Fixed a bug where Void Horrors that spawned from Beacons didn’t have hit or death flash.
- Unique, Set, Exalted Legendary Items and high rarity crafting materials now have new drop sound effects.
- All other items now have revised sounds for when they drop.
- Monolith chest now has new looping and open sound effects.
- Updated ambient sounds throughout Chapter 3.
- Fixed the wrong music playing in The Courtyard.
- Fixed Admiral Harton’s voice lines being too loud in the Immortal Citadel.
- Fixed a bug which could cause an LE-51 error during login, preventing access to the game for some players.
- Increased the character limit for entering an email address when starting the game for the first time.
- Improved the performance of Volatile Maw’s explosions.
- Improved the performance of Meruna Ogre abilities.
- Improved the performance of Bitterwing enemies.
- Improved the performance of Upheaval.
- Reduced the file size of some textures, slightly reducing the game’s install size.
- Fixed a small memory leak, improving the performance and stability of long game sessions.
Thank you for posting bug reports and feedback. We plan to continue releasing bug fix patches at this pace for at least a few more patches. We do have team members that are working on new content that we plan to release in 0.9.1, rather than these bug fix patches, but we don’t have anything to announce about that yet. However, most of our developers are still working on fixes and improvements rather than new content. Some of these projects are longer term than others.
In terms of fixes and improvements, here are some of our priorities:
- Improving server and client performance. Poor performance on either side can lead to some types of lag, among other problems.
- Maintaining game server and service stability.
- Monitoring for any data loss. We are confident that our online systems have stabilized but we’re still looking out for it.
- Fixing gameplay and systems bugs. We read through reports from you, the community, and we are also constantly doing our own testing.
- This includes the dungeon boss door bug mentioned above.