Beta 0.8.2 Patch Notes

What is this supposed to accomplish, though? It’s good that the tooltip is clarified and all, but this literally makes zero sense to me. You’re saying that the damage boost for a skill only works while you’re using that skill? How is this any different from making the effect active at all times, which would help with tooltip accuracy since you can see your damage without spinning?

It’s literally like saying damage to fireballs only work when you throw fireballs. Whut?

There are some melee procs that would have gained increased damage with the old stat that apparently weren’t intended to. It’s an issue with channelled skills.

Then why does the patch notes say: “This is not a functionality change.” Because if this is the case, then clearly it is a functionality change.

Because the intended functionality was that that node only affected Warpath’s melee damage.

How do you see what monolith were you running on previous login? And how many of them have you started and how many echoes in each one?

All this seem phenomenal, will test for sure when i got some time

The best part was that I made 0 personal attacks, then they proceed to make a personal attack by characterizing me as childish. I’ll be honest I’m not “over the top” because of the changes specifically, it’s more the community being well… I hate the term, “Toxic” but perhaps combative and petulant when you point things out.

I actually find this community generally a lot more welcoming and friendly than most. The problem I have seen is that there are occasions of excessive attachment to one’s posts such that anything that criticizes, debunks, or provides alternatives can be taken as personal attacks.

I don’t really blame the people here in particular for that very much. It’s just the political/social media climate we’re in right now: “You disagree so you’re a bad guy.” This is why I try to keep it to the arguments as much as I can, avoid personal attacks, don’t take personal attacks personally, and just say what I have to say the best way I can. Some people won’t like it. Some won’t understand. I can’t control that, just myself.

I do trip up from time to time–am only human–but I have met a few people here who get it. I really appreciate those people.

Actually I think I found it.

Great!

Yep, agreed!

1 Like

There is meaning to this place that isnt obvious to the community yet :slight_smile:

Awesome, congrats! Were there any cows? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But seriously, is there anything special about this place that needs to be secret? I only see two chests that I can found anywhere else in the game.

Do you refer to the dragon fight symbol? If it hints any story development in the future then I can’t wait! :sunglasses:

:grin:

It looks like some placeholder.

Pure speculation

Since this is found in the Ruined Era, I think it would be a representation of some battle during the Imperial Era. It’s alluded to a couple times that the Eternal Empire was conducting experiments (possibly with Void magic) of an extremely dangerous sort. Perhaps this is the final battle where that magic is used (unleashed into the world) as a last resort–not to “win” as much as to ensure the other side also loses.

As for who is in the picture, it appears to be two dragons, but I wonder if this isn’t a mislead. Assuming that Rahyeh succeeds in dominating the other divines during the Divine Era, he’s the one I see as either founding the Eternal Empire or its opposition. I lean toward its opposition because I think Lagon is the natural fit for who would either lead or grant power to the Eternal Empire. (This is because of the way he talks about Liath when you bring it up to him.)

So if Lagon and Rahyeh are fighting a proxy war since their domains make a direct confrontation infeasible, perhaps this is an undead dragon fighting against Rahyeh in the final battle before the Void is unleashed, eventually consuming the world.

This sequence would make sense too, because if the Void corrupted the oceans and Lagon in it, the subsequent changes to the Empire all click together.

Then again, I probably missed huge chunks of the lore and could be dead wrong.

2 Likes

Is that where you sacrifice the Boardmen & McFluffins on the altar of 2-handed melee Rogues to open the portal to the diabolical Llama Llevel?

There are no changes on number of echoes we need to do to get the last boss? I don’t know this super long echo grind for the last boss was intended or not but seems like devs ignoring the issue. A lot of people complained about it on reddit and forums already. For me It is such a issue that I’m not playing until it’s addressed. I thought it will be fixed immediately with first hotfixes after the patch. I wanna know if this intended, that the devs want progression to end of monolith to be this boringly long? If this is intended, I think there should be changes like more blessing to choose from (ex. 5 instead of 3) and buff to rare drops from bosses since the time required is to farm those are extremely long now. there were people telling it took them 5h to get to end boss of monolith? I can’t really understand how you guys let this happen. If any devs read this please tell your intentions on this matter so I can either take the game to the roof for now or keep waiting

1 Like

Do you notice how we got from one little note in patch notes to an elaborate theory in the storyline? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I like your theory but I hope it’s not a mislead and we will actually see some dragon fights! It doesn’t have to be in 1.0, I don’t mind waiting for it. :innocent:

1 Like