Auto pickup shards

Hello, just want to tell my experience here because i really like this game BUT… Im quiting this game only because there is nothing like autopickup shards, its so anoying/sad clicking every single one of them after literally each kill like holy moly this is some 0 IQ stuff, especially when im killing everything with tele so its really speedrun and if i want FKING SHARD i need to slow down teleport back where i was pick it up and run back again like wow clap… Idk but it is so hard to add some microtransation to buy a fking pet that will collecting them or smthing ? Good thing is i had a dream where was autopickup so i hope that dream was my future. Howk

2 Likes

I feel that you’ve made a very strong argument for them to continue not to add auto-pickup, since it apparently drives very toxic people away.

As u can see my nick telling something else im the last toxic player u ever see… Anyway i apologize if i hurt your feeling with something.

I’m curious how they dev team can have long, in-depth discussions about shards and autopick-up, and come to the conclusion that it shouldn’t happen. Are you guys working with the same shards and filters that we are? Or does the dev team have access to Super Nifty Cool ™ shards, with interesting descriptions, that entices you to read them?

I mean, was there a Pros/Cons chart that we could see, and perhaps have a better understanding as to how this (wildly unpopular) decision was concluded upon?

#SoConfused

6 Likes

Maybe they think most of us wants “auto pick up” that applies screen wide. When personally, I just want to be able to auto pick up shard when I walk over it like gold or exp tomes. Not something I would automatically pick up from an enemy I killed at the corner of my screen.

3 Likes

Pro for the game: It slowes down everything so people need more time to get from A to B or even have to backtrack sometimes when they want a shard that droped on the corner of the screen where they dotted an enemy a while ago.

Shar pickup and stashing is a time sink and that’s a good thing for LE right now because every little bit that stretches the content is important. This might be just my good old realistic selfe speaking but take away everything that slowes you down in LE and you see the game is rather barebone.

I realy like the barebone game and it’s promising but there is so little to do if you don’t want to repeate the same game mode over and over again.

Rather unpopular thing you need to do like picking up shards or relevel skills or replaying the whole campaign and the not account wide arena/monolith progress are just there to stretch the game. So it’s a huge Pro for the game to have a time sink that isn’t hurtfull.

Again this is just speculation and might be to pessimistic for some people but for me this is cleare the only Pro I can find that speaks for shard pickups like htey are implemented now.

Don’t make promises you can’t keep I would be glad if you were the last toxic player I’ve ever to see :smiley:

3 Likes

Arbitrarily slowing things down just so “it takes a little longer” is not necessarily good for the game. If it frustrates players, it will drive more away than it will retain. They could accomplish the exact same thing by reducing movement speed to 10% of what it is at the moment, and not allowing it to be increased. That would “slow things down and make it take more time to get from A to B”. Do you think that would be a Pro for the game?

1 Like

Sure but right now and in the current state everything that stretches the content for some minutes is something good for the game. In the case of shards it’s not that frustrating and over time you start to pick them up automaticly without a second thougt.

Sure they can do a lot but they are somehow focused on shards as pseudo items.

Yes! Imagine LE takes the D4 approach. You do the story line once, you do the map exploration once and you do the collectibles once per account. That’s a realy nice thing of D4 to do and it makes leveling Alts so much more fun but it decreases the content a lot but there is still enough to do in D4.
Now remove all the content crutches from LE and look what you have left in the current state. It’s not that much in MY oppinion and that’s why I think every imaginable timsink that isn’t to exhausting is a good thing because it artificaly increases playtime.

I get it I’m a cynical to a certain extend but I think it’s important for the longlivity of LE that there are some artificals content crutches that stretch the games content.

Then again something else crossed my mind lately. What’s faster AoE pickup with a click or moving over every shard manualy? Without a very bif autocollect range the system in place is far better ^^.

I think this touches on something that is worth highlighting and jumping off from. One of the things I appreciate about LE is that it is NOT a zoom fest, and I don’t feel compelled to play it like a zoom fest, and EHG clearly doesn’t want it to be a zoom fest. I feel like there are people coming here who want LE to be POE-Except-Time-Travel and keep trying to push a bunch of changes they pitch as “quality of life” or “it’s more fun” when really they just get the vapors if they can’t “be efficient” by blasting through everything all the time, and they’re allergic to anything that makes them take even the smallest moment of pause. And that’s what I see in this - Taking a whole second to skim and click on shards dropped my Speedo Efficiency Quotient by 0.001% and if I do that X times in Y echoes over Z hours, that means in my 4 hours of blasting away I’ve lost a total of two whole echoes, this is a travesty!!!

3 Likes

i don’t like zoom zoom playstyle as little as I like overbloated and overcomplicated ingame systems that offer nothing and only slow down the game pace. I think there are better things you can implement then picking up and stashing shards.
I don’t want to make the game anything but better and I don’t think picking up shards and pressing the stash all button ingame makes the game better by any means. So if it is a mechanic that is there to be an annoyence just substitute it with something different that has the same effect but is less annoying.
It’s not about a shift to Zoom Zoom builds I advocate for. When you read the last thing I wrote up there I see even more problems with autpicks then the system we have right now. The thing is that there is a big part of “jumping through the same hoop again and again” that makes no sence at all if not to slow peoples progress down. If said hoops aren’t obviously completely useless (The uselessness is just my oppinion) then everything is fine.

I’m all for replaying the story again and again at release even if it’s some kind torture to do so for the xyz time.
I’m all for replaying the non emp monolith even if it’s mindnumbing.
I’m all for for wasting time and key on lowlevel dungeons to get to higher tiers.
I think we are in need of such systems because if they weren’t in place we’ll get “What a waste no content in this game!” posts a lot more then there will be most likely. I simply think there is to little content offered by LE and that’s what I ment with the part you quoted. No zoom zoom or speedo playstyles you somehow managed to interpret into it :smiley: .

You mean like gold and crafting materials being auto looted? Or, are we just cherry picking?

increasing time spend does not equal good for the game, it is just meaningless padding if it does not accomplish something else. And shards requiring a click do not, as you have infinite storage and can store while in the mono.

1 Like

Exactly.

“Hey guyz! Let’s increase load times to 15 minutes between zones! That’ll keep players in our game for longer periods of time!!!”

the thing is, it is current mechanic they are treated as a currency, and there is no reason not to pick them up. if there is no limit on the amount a player can have, i dont see why it cant be just a little more convenient on our time for this to happen automatically. if you are planning more ways to sink the currency that will also become a time constraint onto the player if they have to look at the different options to use the sink. like how the filter saves time, i think the currency auto pick up is also going to be a key to appreciate the players time.

3 Likes

There is one specific reason that EHG doesn’t want to give players the ability to pick the up automatically. Because once they do that they really can’t undo it. Personally don’t care either way but there is design space lost by giving that kind of QOL. I’d like to see definitive reason why shards are considered items than just being told that they are at the moment. I remain unconvinced that they’re as impactful as gear drops or idol drops especially considering they are unable to be traded.

1 Like

If you don’t want/need/care about the shard(s), and you have to go out of your way to pick them up, that is a reason not to pick them up.

other then the time it takes, to pick them up. i want to know a good reason why a player would not pick them up.

2 Likes

that is only a case of a time waste, which is why people want the autoloot shards, because the only factor in all of this is time wasted.

3 Likes

It’s only a waste of time if you’re going out of your way to pick up every shard that crosses your eyeballs, even though there is no reason to do that.

Luck for you, I’m having a fire sale on reasons for doing things today, and I’ll give you two for the price of one!

1. You don’t need any shards for that stat.
  2. You would have to go far enough out of your way to pick up them up that you don’t feel it’s a good use of your time to pick them up.