Auto pick up shards etc

You’re just posting a bad faith argument…just because you don’t want to hear about it, please don’t police people talking about it - the onus should be on you to not read/respond to the thread instead of your indirect “please stop talking about it”. Thanks for reminding me why I don’t like official forums…

2 Likes

I’m not. I have neither the capability nor desire to stop people talking about it, I’m just saying what the devs have said about it before (and they have a fairly firmly held view on it along with a few other things). I didn’t try to stop people talking about trade before the devs posted about their curent design and that was way more annoying.

I think they should do something to prevent this:
https://imgur.com/a/5B47Fdj

1 Like

There is a tutorial popup about it, including the transfer button, early in the game. That said, it could be better as a lot of people are clearly clicking through

Suggesting that somebody is indirectly doing something is a bad faith argument…

Youre literally assuming they have intentions other than those explicitly stated

:expressionless:

There’s no value in rediscussing unless you have something new to add, and every time this is brought up again, nobody ever does.

The onus should be on you to accept the answer you’ve already been given from the devs about it instead of doing what my 5 year old does when I tell her candy is not lunch.

3 Likes

I know but in the last 10h+ played I never looked at a shard at all i just pick them up and stash them away. That’s the only reason why I say it’s an useless effort to aoe pickup the shards and then have to stash them away.

I get they don’t want it. I get there need to be something to be picked up when you get item upgrades in a far slower pace. Then again shards don’t fill an intresting niche or help the urge to get new exiting items.

I understand why a lot of peoploe think this is tidious and a big waste of time and effort. Then again I#m pretty sure the devs wont change it for whatever reason htey come up with ^^.

3 Likes

Slightly off-topic here but for me, LE has one of the worst left clicks I’ve played in any aRPG, it’s clunky, unresponsive and constantly fails to what you want it to do. Click items on the ground? miss/walk next to it instead (related post here So I know I’m not the only one experiencing this and find it annoying). Want to activate levers? miss/walk on it instead. Open your stash and drag your items but you accidentally hover on other interactible (like NPCs)? miss/activates that instead. Want to move an item using left click? miss/it’ll release it instead as soon as you hover your mouse quickly.

So this topic doesn’t really just apply to picking up shards but literally to every item on the ground with the exception of gold and tomes ofc. I’ve made a “pick up item hotkey” suggestion just to combat this issue in some way but again, that’s another topic they’re so adamant about.

I know but in the last 10h+ played I never looked at a shard at all i just pick them up and stash them away. That’s the only reason why I say it’s an useless effort to aoe pickup the shards and then have to stash them away.

They could’ve just put a “rare” section in the shards stash to view all the rare ones we’ve obtained so far instead of letting us manually check everytime one drops on the ground. And seriously, who even remembers what type of rare shard they’ve picked up? One will most likely just forget about it until they open the crafting menu and happens to be playing the class that needs it. And one last thing, it’s not like those shards have something unique in them that separates it from normal affixes you find in equipment.

I have 440 steam hours. I’ve only looked at the shards one time on my first time playing it years ago and never inspected them again in my inventory once I learned we can transfer them in a special storage. I only browse it when I’m crafting/forging and search a keyword that a shard might have it.

Peace~

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t care because there are two scenarios happening:

1. I want to craft an item and I don’t have the shards needed
  2. I want to craft an item and I have the shards needed

There is no inbetween for me because I don’t care because over a long enough period of thime you have hundrets of the most rare shards and thousands of the regular ones. It’s like counting rice corns in a rice bag to see if the ammount of rice corns is the same in each bag… it’s useless if I simply want to make egg fried rice and only need to see if I have rice or if I need to get rice.

The only reason I recently looked at shards was the color of the tag and that’s it. I don’t know any player who is exited for shard drops and takes a close an indepth look in what was dopped and how good the shards are. The shard inventory is unlimeted and this leads to only one thought: “The more the better!”. That’s it and not another thought wasted on shards or the importence of shards.

the only time I think of shards is when they are 2 pixels to far off to get sucked in like the other ones :smiley: .

3 Likes

The “rare section” I’ve mentioned is something that could’ve ““probably”” be done if they REALLY want us to see those things because that’s what they’re going for. As the same reason why they wont let auto pick up and pick up item to be a thing in the game.

But I agree with the analogy you gave. I just personally just don’t care what rare affixes I get, we get thousands of them eventually. I just hover my mouse once and click it if the shard has a different text color and move on. There are also times when I see a decent shard at the corner of my screen where I literally have went to but I just ignore it because I don’t want to go back (of course this is just a “me” problem, my loss for not going back and picking it up, alright) and attempt to click and miss/wont pick up because left click is clunky.

I really hope they would reconsider, while LE is a great game, minor inconvenience and things like these can build up over time.

Oh I know. I’m not saying I agree with the devs, just that that is their viewpoint.

Have you tried shift-clicking (or ctrl-clicling) the item instead? I know what you’re saying is annoying & indicative of a separate problem, but there’s also a solution to the initial issue.

But what does rare even mean for shards? Class-specific ones? Not all of them according to the highlighting certain ones get.

+1 as I would agree and shards should go straight to Forge. In the Diablo games mats go straight into their storage not to inventory.

HERE HERE in the beginning i was confused and didnt know you had to push the transfer button… it is kind of a waste of time, to both pick them up, then transfer them. If there is seperate storage for shards, why not just auto pick up, would make it easier for sure.

I think that the cosmetic pet formula that collects items for you could work, like in Diablo 3.
And I would only pay for it, just because it can be lazy to collect shards manually but it’s not impossible to do.

If you mean shift+right click for quick transfer or quick buy/sell, yes I use this a lot. But sometimes I manually click the item when fixing my storage so most stuff would fit and not leave spaces. And use drag and drop if I’m being annoyed by the left click problem. Other than that, I’m not sure if there’s a function for ctrl+left/right clicking does something in the game at the moment. I’m gonna have to test this one out later.

But what does rare even mean for shards? Class-specific ones? Not all of them according to the highlighting certain ones get.

Ain’t the different colored shard counts as “rare”? I think they want us to see those as we play the game. So yeah, I meant those different colored ones hence I suggested the “rare section” part of the affix stash UI as an alternative if they really want us to see them assuming we’ll get auto-pick-up shards feature.

I think that the cosmetic pet formula that collects items for you could work, like in Diablo 3.
And I would only pay for it, just because it can be lazy to collect shards manually but it’s not impossible to do.

I don’t know about D3 but if something like “auto pick up shard” feature (that is highly requested and I personally think should’ve been in the game from the get go) is hid behind a paywall, I think it might cause problems in the community. But I checked the cosmetics tab in game few days ago and it seems I have a pet there. Not sure if everyone gets one.

Yeah, that would be the one.

They are, but which ones are cou.ted as “rare” feels a bit arbitrary.

bump, this is completely needed. Lag and mouse click having to pick up shards is a waste of time.

Guess i’ll put in my +1 to make this thread live longer.

Can’t think of a reason why I wouldn’t want to pick up a shard, and that’s not from lack of trying.
I’ve played this game for ~60h hours now and I really like it, but this one part(shard clickin’) of the game is just annoying. If you want the acquisition of shard to be difficult - this is not the right way. I would rather you made us hunt for them by killing certain enemies or something like that.

TL;DR
Game good - Shard clickin’ bad!

2 Likes

Read this, then tell me why “bumping” is useful.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.