Auto pick up shards etc

Hi, picking up thoes shards are a nightmare to me, they just slow me down during my farming. Would be better if they will be picked up by auto just like gold and hp potions. Thanks !

13 Likes

+1 would not even mind as a compromise if they auto went into crafting stash on pickup if no auto pickup.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a hard(ish) no from the devs. Despite it being constantly asked for.

It does not mean we canā€™t re-discuss. Perhaps if there is enough feedback, they would reconsider

6 Likes

To be fair picking up shards is just a waste of clicks. I donā€™t look what kind of shards they are and I move them all to crafting inv when my item inv is full. I donā€™t understand why the devs are adamant about no auto pick up shards.

5 Likes

This is true, itā€™s just not going to happen.

Yeah, they may also decide to convert LE into an FPS or TBS if thereā€™s enough feedback in that regardā€¦

Itā€™s also a very low bar of effort. One click every so often, then 1 click to put them in your crafting inventory.

They have answered this many times. They view shards as closer to items than currency (gold).

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to use an Item Filter for shards. I feel like that aligns with the overall feeling shards are closer to items than currency.

4 Likes

Youā€™re just posting a bad faith argumentā€¦just because you donā€™t want to hear about it, please donā€™t police people talking about it - the onus should be on you to not read/respond to the thread instead of your indirect ā€œplease stop talking about itā€. Thanks for reminding me why I donā€™t like official forumsā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m not. I have neither the capability nor desire to stop people talking about it, Iā€™m just saying what the devs have said about it before (and they have a fairly firmly held view on it along with a few other things). I didnā€™t try to stop people talking about trade before the devs posted about their curent design and that was way more annoying.

I think they should do something to prevent this:
https://imgur.com/a/5B47Fdj

1 Like

There is a tutorial popup about it, including the transfer button, early in the game. That said, it could be better as a lot of people are clearly clicking through

Suggesting that somebody is indirectly doing something is a bad faith argumentā€¦

Youre literally assuming they have intentions other than those explicitly stated

:expressionless:

Thereā€™s no value in rediscussing unless you have something new to add, and every time this is brought up again, nobody ever does.

The onus should be on you to accept the answer youā€™ve already been given from the devs about it instead of doing what my 5 year old does when I tell her candy is not lunch.

3 Likes

I know but in the last 10h+ played I never looked at a shard at all i just pick them up and stash them away. Thatā€™s the only reason why I say itā€™s an useless effort to aoe pickup the shards and then have to stash them away.

I get they donā€™t want it. I get there need to be something to be picked up when you get item upgrades in a far slower pace. Then again shards donā€™t fill an intresting niche or help the urge to get new exiting items.

I understand why a lot of peoploe think this is tidious and a big waste of time and effort. Then again I#m pretty sure the devs wont change it for whatever reason htey come up with ^^.

3 Likes

Slightly off-topic here but for me, LE has one of the worst left clicks Iā€™ve played in any aRPG, itā€™s clunky, unresponsive and constantly fails to what you want it to do. Click items on the ground? miss/walk next to it instead (related post here So I know Iā€™m not the only one experiencing this and find it annoying). Want to activate levers? miss/walk on it instead. Open your stash and drag your items but you accidentally hover on other interactible (like NPCs)? miss/activates that instead. Want to move an item using left click? miss/itā€™ll release it instead as soon as you hover your mouse quickly.

So this topic doesnā€™t really just apply to picking up shards but literally to every item on the ground with the exception of gold and tomes ofc. Iā€™ve made a ā€œpick up item hotkeyā€ suggestion just to combat this issue in some way but again, thatā€™s another topic theyā€™re so adamant about.

I know but in the last 10h+ played I never looked at a shard at all i just pick them up and stash them away. Thatā€™s the only reason why I say itā€™s an useless effort to aoe pickup the shards and then have to stash them away.

They couldā€™ve just put a ā€œrareā€ section in the shards stash to view all the rare ones weā€™ve obtained so far instead of letting us manually check everytime one drops on the ground. And seriously, who even remembers what type of rare shard theyā€™ve picked up? One will most likely just forget about it until they open the crafting menu and happens to be playing the class that needs it. And one last thing, itā€™s not like those shards have something unique in them that separates it from normal affixes you find in equipment.

I have 440 steam hours. Iā€™ve only looked at the shards one time on my first time playing it years ago and never inspected them again in my inventory once I learned we can transfer them in a special storage. I only browse it when Iā€™m crafting/forging and search a keyword that a shard might have it.

Peace~

2 Likes

Honestly I donā€™t care because there are two scenarios happening:

1. I want to craft an item and I donā€™t have the shards needed
  2. I want to craft an item and I have the shards needed

There is no inbetween for me because I donā€™t care because over a long enough period of thime you have hundrets of the most rare shards and thousands of the regular ones. Itā€™s like counting rice corns in a rice bag to see if the ammount of rice corns is the same in each bagā€¦ itā€™s useless if I simply want to make egg fried rice and only need to see if I have rice or if I need to get rice.

The only reason I recently looked at shards was the color of the tag and thatā€™s it. I donā€™t know any player who is exited for shard drops and takes a close an indepth look in what was dopped and how good the shards are. The shard inventory is unlimeted and this leads to only one thought: ā€œThe more the better!ā€. Thatā€™s it and not another thought wasted on shards or the importence of shards.

the only time I think of shards is when they are 2 pixels to far off to get sucked in like the other ones :smiley: .

3 Likes

The ā€œrare sectionā€ Iā€™ve mentioned is something that couldā€™ve ā€œā€œprobablyā€ā€ be done if they REALLY want us to see those things because thatā€™s what theyā€™re going for. As the same reason why they wont let auto pick up and pick up item to be a thing in the game.

But I agree with the analogy you gave. I just personally just donā€™t care what rare affixes I get, we get thousands of them eventually. I just hover my mouse once and click it if the shard has a different text color and move on. There are also times when I see a decent shard at the corner of my screen where I literally have went to but I just ignore it because I donā€™t want to go back (of course this is just a ā€œmeā€ problem, my loss for not going back and picking it up, alright) and attempt to click and miss/wont pick up because left click is clunky.

I really hope they would reconsider, while LE is a great game, minor inconvenience and things like these can build up over time.

Oh I know. Iā€™m not saying I agree with the devs, just that that is their viewpoint.

Have you tried shift-clicking (or ctrl-clicling) the item instead? I know what youā€™re saying is annoying & indicative of a separate problem, but thereā€™s also a solution to the initial issue.

But what does rare even mean for shards? Class-specific ones? Not all of them according to the highlighting certain ones get.

+1 as I would agree and shards should go straight to Forge. In the Diablo games mats go straight into their storage not to inventory.

HERE HERE in the beginning i was confused and didnt know you had to push the transfer buttonā€¦ it is kind of a waste of time, to both pick them up, then transfer them. If there is seperate storage for shards, why not just auto pick up, would make it easier for sure.