Aura of Decay HUGE FPS loss post patch 8

Sitting in town I get 112ish fps on a 2080ti/3500x @ 4k low settings and the moment I enable AOD the fps drops all the way down to around 60ish. This seems bugged as one skill is having that much of an impact? Also since patch 8 the game took a clear step backwards in performance for me and now large groups of enemies drop me well below 20fps… Gents this has ruined the game for me and i’m really bummed about it.

Update

Followed these steps in the linky below and gained about 20ish fps: Boost FPS - possible fix Seems like either the steam overlay is borking the game or the microsoft store but not sure. FPS drops now to around 32 which I can live with I guess.

Interesting link to FPS drop issues.

I have had countless issues with Steam Overlay in various games so my default is always off and I never even considered it as a possible issue.

May be really helpful to others struggling with lower spec systems than yours where they drop into the single digit frame rates.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.