Aschere's Vinebear Monolith Speed Clearer 0.8.5 | 10K EHP | ~50-100K DPS | Very Fast Clear | New Player and Hardcore friendly | Detailed Written Guide | 200+ Empowered

Dang, I have to say how much I appreciate this build even though I’m only level 30 and haven’t even really got to it. The entire time I’ve played this game, all the primalist videos with companions and transformations looked so dumb but now that I’m running around as a spriggan summoning vines…this is pretty fun. My primalist gear, idols and affixes are basically non-existent and I think my primalist category has 4 items while every other class has tabs that need scrolling…I feel like I’ve been missing out now

edit: is the vines glowing the effect they cause when summoning new ones?

I have an old exalted helm with almost no FP from before the updates

+3 entangling roots …but
+2 Str
+5 health regen
+8% lightning res

worth it for entangling roots or no?

That helmet is very much worth using even with the bad other stats. I’d still try to craft a +2 with better secondary stats, but even as is, that will last you a long time. You could also drop the thorn slinger belt with it and take a good rare belt + a spriggan form relic as the helmet alone gets you to level 23.

If you really want to min max with the build i’d still probably try crafting a +2 with good stats, but it really depends upon how much you want to play the build. +3 will last you well into empowered.

As far as the glow, I think its when you hover over the minion with your cursor. Once you switch to werebear form it will basically never happen.

1 Like

Getting hit it seems

EHG dont want you to kill the Chronomancer, the fight is way more ‘unfair’ than anything PoE throws at you because you simply get 6 portals in PoE so the giant explosion or 1 tap doesnt end the fight right away

Personally dont even bother with Julra unless im on my Necro with nearly 4k Ward, even at 3k Hp she one shots. its boring

Thanks! I’ll rock the helm for now, I got to the bear and damn, this is so fun, I can already tell my primalist stash is going to experience exponential growth

I’ll very likely wait until I come across a better +2 since I’ll want more optimized gear to have this build be my first real primalist and get it up to par with the other classes

also, it’s probably because I’m at a lower level and my gear right now is basically trash among trash but does the spriggan follower really end up doing impressive damage to keep around? He currently looks like he needs to make better life choices.

edit: I have another question I might have missed while I read your guide. It looks like the damage comes from vines and I see the “minion physical damage” on your exalt, vines take “minion, attunement, spell, poison” but spriggan form takes more and physical tag as well.

Is that how that damage increase works? I know you have minion spell in there as well but was curious about that. Or is that just for the spriggan minion only.

You can kinda ignore the tags on the Spriggan form skill, the important ones are the tags on the skills you get when transformed.

1 Like

Got it, thanks, I’m rereading the guide and I’m realizing the build planner is the save, not the optimal config and It looks like I can reference the desired stats in the OP which helps a lot…also, dad, why didn’t you tell me that turning into a bear was so fun?

The Spriggan summon does a very good amount of damage end game especially when his damage starts scaling with the entangling roots buffs and other buffs. End game he’s about 30% of total damage not including the damage buff he provides to the vines. His defensive buff is also very powerful and makes gearing easier.

During leveling since he won’t have the entangling roots buffs he’s not too strong and, if not using reach of the grave, may struggle to stay alive since his damage (and consequentially leech) will be so low. Additionally since you won’t be putting any passives in beastmaster early on you won’t have Artor’s Loyalty (85% more damage buff) on the spriggan which also makes a big difference.

2 Likes

Got it, I’m liking it a lot so far. Just need to find some better gear but you weren’t joking about how it can run on garbage.

edit: killed t3 julra at 70, probably not impressive to most but my best so far I think, everything just works out so smooth with this and my gear is horribly unoptimized, I don’t want to dance around forever and I’ll probably die at the slightest graze going for t4 right now but I’m confident I can finally beat freaking t4 with this build

1 Like

I must be missing something. What causes entangling roots to cast/proc?

In werebear form: “Woodland bear” node.

I’m finding that the minion armor and decoy from Arborial Circuit are super helpful for keeping Twiggy and me alive.

Oh, thats a good leveling unique I didn’t even think of. I’ll add it. Thanks!

Many thanks for posting that, Aschere.
Great build, every detail is so intricate and deeply thought through. Usually I don’t “follow” builds, I just get general ideas then build my way, but it looks like I am going to end up playing this one to the letter: I can’t see anything I want to change! :slightly_smiling_face:
Started it on SSF-HC, let’s see how far it takes me (no levelling uniques, obviously).

And an even bigger THANK YOU (yes, in caps) for taking the time to actually write explanations, it is SO MUCH better than all the awfully long videos (never managed to watch one fully, I get bored to death after 5 minutes, but reading your guide was a pleasure).

TL;DR: Thank you!

5 Likes

Seriously, this is amazing, I love when people put out written guides because it makes it so incredibly easy to follow, especially if you have a second monitor.

I have all of his spoiler type tabs open to reference as I play

edit: Could someone tell me which stat is more important

attunement or minion damage?

I know entangling won’t benefit from the minion damage and it looks like spriggan gets 4% increased damage per point so 8 points attunement for 32%

So is trading for anything over 32% minion damage worth it?

I have much less than the build planner in minion damage currently

81 attunement
534% phys minion
327% spell minion

2 Likes

No maths, just a general feeling: I would go minion damage, to boost the vines as much as possible.
Attunement IS important, for rage, skills boosting, and the super-awesome CSA capping without any affixes, but 81 feels like overkill. I would drop 20-30 of them to try and get 200% minion damage or more instead, should be possible depending on your gear.

Again, just my feeling, it could very plausibly be completely wrong!
:grin:

Attunement is basically % damage anyways with some small extras. It all rolls up additively into the same % increase so it doesn’t really matter if it came from attunement or a % minion damage roll.

For vines they scale off of attunement as follows. For one point of attunement:

• 4% damage
  • 3 health
  • 4% poison chance

For Summon Spriggan one point of attunement is:

• 4% damage
  • 8 health
  • 4% healing effectiveness

The health on the vines and the healing effectiveness on the spriggan you basically can ignore. The poison % is nice, but not a ton. The health on the spriggan can help some but its not groundbreaking.

Attunement also gives you a negligible damage bonus to your own skills which can pretty much be ignored. Same goes for the extra maximum rage (from +2 mana/attunement) which is pretty much unimportant once you have enough to fully sustain rage.

As such, I’d roughly value 1 attunement point = 5% minion damage. So if deciding between 8 attunement points and 32% minion damage, i’d take the 8 attunement points (valued at ~40% damage) every time.

Edit: Also attunement = 1% crit avoidance due to “Harmonious Wisdom” node on druid tree. So if it makes the difference to reaching 100% then I’d also value it higher.

3 Likes

Question: Your guide lists Attunement as one of the best stats for a chestpiece…and doesn’t mention the shared increased spell damage for you and minions. Is this an error, or would I want both, or is there a reason the shared damage is excluded?

Because it should be there and in the loot filter, but I missed it. Should probably also add in “Minion Spell Critical Strike Chance” to body armor prefixes. Thanks for catch! I’ll update guide but might be a bit before I update loot filter.

Which is more important for weapon:

Minion physical or minion spell damage?
Have 2 exalteds

one is 323% minion phys and 176% minion spell
other is 431% minion spell and 38% phys

somewhat balanced vs skewed

Not sure how to actually have the image come up without linking it

Weapons

edit: test

https://imgur.com/b3TLgmz

If think minions do physical spells then the two affixes are equivalent and you just want whichever has the biggest total number.

You need to put [img ] and [/img ] tags round the standard link from imgur and add a .png at the end of the link. Or you can click “get share links” on the image and select the option that already has them (I think its the “bb code” one).

2 Likes