Are you sure you're ready for the 1.0 release?

Obviously their focus is gonna be on endgame as they already said.
LE has been in development 5 years, and it has triple the amount of endgame than D4 - D4 was in development for 10 years. So i am positively about the endgame becoming massive, we have endless scaling, an actual itemization, insane crafting, this is more than enough for the first 3 months.
Oh forgot to mention something like 60+ different builds if even that can do it.

1 Like

finger cross

Is it? I mean what gives you that impression, is it the lack of patches for the steam version?

There is still the CT project up and running so itā€™s tested in small scale. Still the game is a construction site that is going live overhyped by content creators and I hope the release will work out fine and LE stands a chance.

How is the endgame better then D4? You have better loot options but outside of this you have only arena thatā€™s different from D4 endgame. After all you run through zones and kill mobs or you run dungeons. To me thatā€™s 1:1 the same but you get loot in a better way in LE but that canā€™t be anything right?

I follow this game for a long time and played it a lot still I know for montsh or even over a year the game isnā€™t released with the full story. Sure it isnā€™t printed in red capital letters that more story comes with a free expension but we all know things will be fine! Look at Wolcen they did it as well.

Thatā€™s a very low entry level donā€™t you think? The same was said about Gollum and The Day Before.

Not for me no. If they put themselfs out there with a released product they took money for they better make sure it works no matter what.

Come again? We have monolith. If there is no major overhaul of the system you run down the same 20 maps (layouts) and follow an arrow to where you need to go. Then you have 3 dungeons that are only special because you need to press ā€œDā€ from time to time and then there is arena. Honesytly I donā€™t think D4 and LE are that different at all BUT LE offers loot in a better way and keeps the dopamine up while D4 is the Titanic of loot.

1 Like

I havenā€™t played endgame, i am saving that for launch - ye it could probably get an expansion from what i have heard / read / watchedā€¦ But it is a decent system that seems rather easy to expand on, you could build skill trees to it for people to ā€œjuiceā€, they could easily build new monoliths with new endgame bosses. The system is similar to a mix of delve with maps in PoE, and that keeps people occupied for many weeks in a season, including my self.

It is actually not what i am most worried about, i feel atleast those coming from PoE have the pinnacle bosses that u usually test how far in progression you are, and there doesnā€™t really seem to be such bosses in LE yet that worries me.

Ah so your statement was made without even playing the endgame okay. This changes stuff a bit.

First of all Monolith will be overhauled for 1.0 so no idea if itā€™ll be better or if they kill the patient with the cure.
Dungeons areā€¦ meh. They work and they are fine as they are and the rewards for them are awesome. If I never had to run a dungeon to be able to get the the same loot or benefits from running a dungeon I personaly would NEVER enter one because for me they are lackluster, tedious and boring and mostly full of useless enemies and backtracking. If you hated to carry 2 things to 2 pestals in D4 you will LOVE the LE dungeons ^^.
Arenaā€¦ enemies run at you or shoot at you. For me the most boring and braindead gamemode there ever was.
To the intresting part: This is only my oppinion and how things are to my taste and I bet other people will look at it differently.
At the end of the day LE handles Loot better then D4 and this is what makes LEā€™s endgame more enjoyable over D4ā€™s endgame. Content wise I donā€™t think there are big differences at all.

1 Like

I donā€™t have any problems with loading screens (5-10sec). So why should the game be delayed for ME because YOU have some problems? Not fair

Except for the fact that when you are lvl 100 / lvl 21 glyphs in d4 thereā€™s zero reason to do any of the content it provides. While in LE you still can improve your gear almost for ever.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s completely true then again I often find no need to play a toon to level 100 in LE. If the toon is fun to play I play it all the way to 100 but most of the time Is top at 85-90 and call it a day because the build works but I donā€™t get that much more meaningfull stuff for it.

There was a topic in the past that LE offers you only so little after you hit lvl 75 when it comes to progression. I think games have a lot that speaks for them but there are things that speak against them as well and I donā€™t hink we will ever get a game that checks all the boxes.

Well, there is one HUGE difference between LE and D4 in this regard and that is class specific drops. D4 only drops gear for your character. But LE lets you farm gear for your next character with whatever class youā€™re running at the time. So even if you donā€™t want to min-max (and many, me included, donā€™t) you can still play that character or return to it more often when (and if) you want to prepare your next character in advance.

D4 finishes with the campaign, you can do all content with slobby yellow gear you find in Hell tide, there is no reason to continue playing at that point because all other gear you find is essentially useless, and only for cosmetic or personal goalā€¦

That could be said about every ARPG. When you finished the story once everything else is just a usless grindā€¦ Untill you are in stuff like progression, loot hunt, minmaxing, endgame, speedruns, seasonal content, achivements and whatnot. Sure this could be called personal goals as well but somehow thatā€™s the heart and soul of the genre.

I for one am looking forward to it. Sure there will be bugs. Sure it will go slow. They may have server issues.

Oh Well! They will work through them.

I cannot think of a single game that I have played that did not have issues at launch.

2 Likes

I can think of a lot of games without any issues. I canā€™t think of modern day games that had no issues but thatā€™s another topic :smiley: .

Try a SSD for loading times. It is under 5 seconds for all loading screens now for me?

Diablo 4 every season has like 15 NMDā€™s that you just avoid because they are either terrible layouts or terrible density, so you end up running the 3-5 S tier NMDā€™s as much as possible.

In path of exile, most people only run very specific maps as well. 100+ layouts every league and majority of good players only do 10-15 of them.

In d4 you also have helltides, where you run between 2 events in the same reddish layouts and kill the exact same demons over and over.

Then you have whispers where you just follow the arrow for extremely easy objectives that dont really give you anything until the very very end just so you can get the boss mats to get the other boss mats to maybe get the super cool shako.

I do agree last epoch offers loot in an infinitely better way, making the game much more fun. But all of these games mentioned in the same category all have pretty repititve layouts. Path of exile leagues almost exclusively just use their current assets retouched in a new color graphically.

Most super small indie dev teams release in this fashion - i.e. with the first few chapters, and then additional chapters later.

If I remember right, when Path of Exile launched it only had 3 chapters, with the 4th chapter added 1-2 years later; and then the final 5 chapters added 1-2 years after that point.

Free to play games developed by extremely small studios launch in this manner. Larger studios, for monetized games do the same thing - they simply market the story continuation/completion as an ā€˜expansionā€™ and charge for it.

You could argue that D4 is not a completed story, knowing that every year they plan to release an expansion that continues the story and you have to pay for it.

1 Like

0.9.2 was released in September 23, thatā€™s around 5 months. I know my mental arithmetic is a bit iffy, but Iā€™m pretty sure that 5 is less than 12. By quite a lot.

Well, that depends. If itā€™s a really really REALLY big 5 and a tiny bitty small 12, itā€™s almost the same.

1 Like

Cant say much, but patch 1.0 have sooo many fixes, but you will need to wait like a weekā€¦ because servers will be sooooooo crowded on patch day.