Anyone running pure minions necro build? share please

im at level 82 and i’ve got an alright build that’s fully dependant on minions but now that i started looking for what legendaries to make im baffled by the lack of options for minions so i thought i’ll ask here if anyone got an already full build that can help including what legendaries are best to make

I am running a permanent minion build that uses skeletons (warrior & archers), mage (archmage deathknight), 2 bone golems and an abomination (who is permanent). I use bone curse to weaken the enemies.

I started yesterday empowered monoliths and the minions are holding their own right now. It is more myself that is the weak link as I do not have enough crit avoidance :slight_smile:

I can share my build if you want. I am not following a guide.

i believe i got perfect choices for my skills and passives im mainly struggling with the choice of legendaries/uniques as i couldnt find alot of options… im running a 9 archers 2 wraiths 2 golems and 5 mages all fire build and it’s carrying me nicely for now

1 Like

Right now, as far as uniques goes, I have 2 but I am only using 1.

First one is a Weaver’s Will relic named Ambitions of an erased acolyte. It has 14 WW points which gave me a T4 Health, a T4 Mana, a T3 Endurance and a T3 increased damage while channeling. Even without any WW dots, it provides a bit of wards that helps in surviving the attacks.

The second one is a Ribbons of Blood ring which had 1 legendary potential. I was able to get a 17% elemental resistance on it last night and turn it into a legendary item. I just do not use it right now as the ring it would replace have 60% physical resistance and I must first put that somewhere else.

hmm u dont seem to have much minions damage do u? im not using any uniquest at all right now simply cuz didnt find any that strengthens my minions dps , and for survivability i just run around avoiding damage here’s my minions stats as i focus on fire damage

You are right that my damage could be better. It could be worse as well. Also, my resistances are higher than yours, I am faster and I have more health and wards. So I survive for as long as I do not get one shot.

Here is my current gear and build: Necromancer, level 84 (Release / 1.0.1) - Last Epoch Build Planner

The health of my minions is much higher and as such, my damage is a bit less. I’ll admit that the T7 Minion health amulet I got helps a lot in keeping them up :slight_smile:

Right now I am playing a Minion build with 5 death knights, 3 fire golems, 2 wraiths, vomit fire zombies, death shade cast on enemies and usually 3 vangaurds (summoned thru zombie deaths). I have 4 fire idols which is why im running fire golems and fire fire zombies, as well as fire on my knights. I ditched fire wraiths for regular because death shade on enemies means close combat beats ranged. im at corruption 110 and doing ok.

Running Skeleton Archers, Skeleton Mages + Bone Golem w/ necro-converted Bone Curse using Sinathia’s set. Little more active since I gotta cast my curse a lot and maneuver the army around a lot to hit who I wanna hit. But it’s very fun so far. Idea is to just have as many hits as possible, my minions don’t really do any damage individually, just hit really fast to proc bone curse.

how do u increase golems to 3?

Probably by using Aaron’s Will: Aaron's Will - Unique Revenant Plate - Body Armour - Last Epoch Item Database
It let you have more golems in exchange for not being able to use regular skeletons.

1 Like

I use a permanent-minions-only build. I change it every so often. I am focused on melee physical minions though. I thought about doing fire…but nah. I would have done cold if wraiths could be cold. :-\

I have skeletons (1 big warrior and 4 big rogues), 2 wraiths, 3 vanguards, and right now I’m using 2 bone golems. I did have an abomination but I switched to the bone golems. I think the move speed they can provide other minions is invaluable for clear speed and the big slow abomination just doesn’t make up for it in his raw damage output.

Once I get an Exsanguinous (or even Last Steps, as I already have that Shroud thingy whatever it’s called) I’m going to go for a low health build which will make me WAY tankier as I’ll have more EHP and insane “health regen”. It will also allow for a permanent Revenant which is SUPER powerful.

The other 2 skills I use is Bone Curse and Transplant. Could replace Transplant with skeletal mages but I’d probably just have an Archmage if using as a traversal skill and since it’s not melee I was just like nah. Transplant has more defensive options and I need that more than I need 1 more minion attacking.

On my older characters (pre-1.0) I used to use bone golems AND abomination, but not use Transplant at all. But I like having a traversal skill.

So my minions, currently:

4 Skeleton Rogues
1 Skeleton Warrior
3 Skeleton Vanguards
2 Wraiths
2 Bone Golems
1 Revenant (eventually)

I’m already specced in Revenant it’s just not permanent as I don’t have the low health build yet.

I just got to empowered mono’s like yesterday and I’m level 82 I believe. My minions don’t have any trouble dying, just me. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m focused on getting critical strike avoidance maxed out. But things will get much smoother once I get my Last Steps or Exsanguinous.

yea i agree i would’ve went cold too but not all minions can use cold so i decided fire, to me also my minions almost never die just me and they deal decent numbers i have:
9 archers
2 fire golems
2 wraiths
3 vanguards

and its doing alright im just struggling with the late game builds as to what legendaries i should go with

by the way wts ur minions dmg and minions physical dmg ?

Archmage death knight is a melee minion and a strong one. This is what I am using with my skeletons (1 warrior, 3 archers), 2 golems and an abomination.

Honestly, in all of these, those who dies the most are the golems. Except against monoliths bosses I mean. The abomination is a monster and a huge tank.

Ribbons of Blood is a very good unique if you are doing melee physical but maybe not so much for fire. So I’m not sure, I don’t pay attention to fire ones.

Exsanguinous and Last Steps of the Living are also good, you can get a permanent Revenant if you use them, which is VERY strong, stronger than a wraith. And It just makes you tankier with insane “health regen”.

I also like Arboreal Circuit but not needed if your minions aren’t dying.

But it makes the golems weaker and those lil buggers are already to stupid to walk in a straight line when you have 2. Aaron’s Will was a net loss of dmg and survivability and I threw it away. Maybe things are better in 1.0 but it still looks like the vanilla Aaron’s so you should write a disclaimer when you praise this item :smiley: .

Dislaimer: I have never used the item EVER. Got one in my stash and never equipped it :slight_smile:

Do it… it’s fun when 4 golems look at each other instead of fighting while they tic tac toe who moves first.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s always seemed very “meh” to me. You have to equip crappy rings and/or spec into a skill you’re not using in order to make use out of it? Eesh. Ugh.

Not to mention, it’s not Exsanguinous, so…

im running a pure zoo build, at 8 skeletal warriors, 5 mages, 2 wraiths, 1 bone golem and 3 vanguards. sitting at 1425% inc minion health and 515% dmg. survivability is pretty good in empowered monos, damage could be better. currently trying to find ways of getting more dmg, probably need to go the intelligence option cause i pretty much got minion dmg all over, also trying to figure what to get as a weapon cause there arent many good options, or at least i havent found any (got myself an exalted minion dmg affix but bricked it). im focusing mainly on phys/bleed scaling. appreciate any ideas on that one.
my character itself is decently tanky, need to cap my crit avoidance though. a couple of mob types really fuck me up, the nagas that stack poison on me really fast can be bad and the big tigers whatever their name was, they can kinda 2 shot me if they jump at me cause i dont have many defense layers outside of raw hp, im at 1900

u only have 500% dmg for minions while u got it all over ur gear? u r doing something wrong cuz i got dmg at about 1500%+