Anyone running pure minions necro build? share please

well i might have exaggerated a bit, there are a couple of pieces without minion dmg, but still dont see how i can get it to 1500 even if i did get it on those pieces as well

i use fire minions and my minions fire dmg is around 1500 plus my minions dmg is around 500 so its easily above 2k% and their health is around 300%

I’ve got a permanent minion build running skelly warriors/rogues, deathknights, taunting ice golem, and perma wraiths. I take all minion crit, and minion healing-on-crit nodes. Gave my golem the speed boost aura. I direct them using Dread Shade’s Enemy of My Enemy node and watch them mow down everything. Feels kind of like cheating.

Not using any uniques, and not super attached to Dread Shade, but I’m having watching a wave of skellybros hold the line until my ice golem gets there and blows everything up with a cold blast. Needs refinement for the necro’s survivability though.

I was searchin in Google if a low HP build would trigger the revenant and it took me here. I’m playing merchant guild so I have all the uniques to play low life, would I summon him every 15seconds? He’s worth the extra pasive points?

Ok, so in order to summon him, you have to talk damage to health, and the drain on those low health items doesn’t count as damage.

AFAIK, there are 3 ways to do this:

1. ACTUALLY lose all your ward and then get hit by an enemy. If you are still alive, that is…not a good plan.

2. Put a point in a passive point that drains HP in the Lich tree. Requires 20 points in the Lich tree. Honestly it’s worth these 20 points because they ALSO unlock the points that give +2 INT per node and I think it’s worth. You can also pick up 10 points that give 1 INT each which are also nice.

And this is the way I used to do it, but this is annoying, because he does NOT summon every 15 seconds…it’s every 10 seconds. The tooltip and even the icon that shows the timer are wrong. The cooldown is 10 seconds. This means every 10 seconds he will randomly show up somewhere else, randomly, and lose a ton of his DPS running to the enemies.

1. Use a skill that costs life, such as Transplant. This is the best IMO because then you can chose when to summon him. He lasts quite a while so if you don’t Transplant often, you aren’t needing to resummon him constantly. If you’re in a safe space you can just leave him.

Furthermore if you Transplant 2 or 3 times in that 10 second cooldown it won’t retrigger him so it will most often be a lot longer than 10 seconds he’s out, instead of him resummoning every 10 seconds on the dot (which is super annoying).

And yes it’s worth it because the Revenant is super strong. I put all 6 points into the node because it’s going to make him do so much more damage. And all you’re missing out on is Acolyte passive points and that’s not a huge deal; they tend to be worse than the Necromancer or Lich trees. (I wouldn’t put more than 21 points into the Acolyte tree, period).

1 Like

@Smygle your minion damage and fire damage doesn’t “stack” lol just ignore the minion damage. Your minion fire damage is 1.5k, apparently. That sounds hard to believe but if it is you’re probably super squishy and can’t even do empowered monoliths, or you’ve been playing for thousands of hours and have perfect min-maxed gear. Or you illegal produced gold and used that to buy it.

@ashvalkyrie Your minion health sounds unnecessarily high, but IDK what empowered you’re at. You should cap crit resistance ASAP…but I have a better idea. Bear with me.

So as long as you are using permanent minions, they are snapshotted when you summon them. You can equip a good damage weapon, summon them, and then swap to a defensive weapon. :open_mouth: Only your vanguards (and revenant) will have lower stats after they are re-summoned but that’s worth it IMO.

The stat you’re looking for on gear is FLAT damage: minion melee, spell, and/or bow. You can get like 25~29 T5 I believe, and 44+ T6. I don’t think I’ve seen T7 but clearly it’d be even better. This is best if it’s on an Obsidian Axe for melee builds (and I’ll just use this as an example but if you need minion spell damage more then see whatever is better for you), but Swords and Spears can also accommodate this (and maybe a Staff if you Spell/Melee and Spell/Bow. I have Spell/Melee and Bow/Melee). So two stats, if one is T6 and the other T5, easily over 70 added damage and that’s INSANE. It’s way better than what the game used to have.

For the record, a T6/T5 sword/spear is better than a T5/T5 Obsidian Axe, maybe unless your minion damage was otherwise super low which it’s not.

Anyway so summon your skeleton warriors, mages, wraiths, and golem with this good damage weapon, AND THEN switch to another weapon for tankiness. Having to resummon all the minions each map might be annoying but I only have to summon 8 so it’s fine (4 large skeleton rogues, 1 large skeleton warrior, 2 wraiths, and then golems [2 summon at once and I use 2]). It might be more annoying than you. And I have enough mana for it all so it’s fine.

So what’s the best tankiness weapon? Well, Jade Cleaver if you need poison resistance. If not, then Claymore for cold resistance. If you seriously need neither, you could consider getting an Obsidian Axe (or whatever’s best for you) so your Vanguards (and Revenant?) are not gipped as much.

Both 2H Axes AND 2H Swords can have "reduced bonus damage taken from critical strikes"and “all attributes” as suffixes, and the reduced bonus damage can stack up to 100% on T5. Very easy to get like 95%+ and that’s fine (unlike crit avoidance, which would need to be 100%+, actually more like ~101+ to feel save cuz of rounding).

For prefixes there’s “mana and mana regen” if you have the ability to be picky enough there.

The poison stacking sucks, but it’s less of an issue if you have a low health build because of your INSANELY HIGH ward regen. I don’t even have an Exsanguinous yet, let alone an otherwise maxed build, and I’m regenning 400+ ward per second with just
Shroud of Obscurity, Last Steps of the Living, and gloves with the experimental affix.

INT is a fun stat, because it gives you minion damage, minion health, AND ward retention. What’s not to like!? :slight_smile:

@Murga

Ah, I think I found another way to summon the revenant. The Necromancer passive “Veins of Malice”. It has a 10 second cooldown, so it would theoretically be better than Transplant as it’s more likely that more time will be between each cast. It can be any spell, not just Transplant, so that would include stuff like Bone Curse that don’t normally damage you. I haven’t tested this Veins of Malice, but I suppose I could, and give my results.

Also, the Lich passive that would summon it passively every 10 seconds is called “Unclosing Wounds”. Just 1 point in it is fine.

Because my 5th skills is summon zombies, I took it out the cast bar and I just proc the skill via the Experimental belt and added Marrow Shards. The main problem is that my Revenant have a low crit% compare to my Wraiths, hit by hit a single temporary Wraith outdamages him. My Death Knights and Rogues are also at 100% crit rate.

It’s becoming real hard to justify 5 to 6 skill points when a single temporary Wraith is pulling better numbers. That will completely change if I can get that spinning attack to guarantee critical hit, I think it hits 5 times. I will try to find better Crit% gear to make it work, at the end of the day it’s also another strong permanent minion.

thanks for the tips brother. currently im acutally running 1h + shield, so i guess that kinda gimps my damage a lot, and tbf i never even considered trying a 2 hander. i just thought i needed the shield for tankiness, not as much for the minions but for my character as well

bruh that’s disappointing… i thought they did stack and now im mad… but well knowwing that will help me start fixing my defences as u r correct i am super squishy and all i do is run away while my minions carry me which was my aim with the build but i’ll see how to work around that and then attempt the monoliths as i still haven’t tried them im still lvl 86
here are my minions’ current stats

You spent way too much focused on minion crit it sounds like. Wraiths have stuff in their tree that makes them have higher crit though. Revenant doesn’t have a tree. Its base attacks hit harder though.

The fact you don’t even think it’s worth 6 skill points is mind-boggling though. What else are you using it for? lol

@ashvalkyrie Yeah you’re not the first person I’ve heard say they think they need a shield. But unless you focus a LOT on block chance, it shouldn’t matter too much. And that doesn’t sound like an Acolyte thing to do.

@Smygle Yeah less than 1k health and several low resistances is pretty bad. I’m sure you don’t have crit avoidance either. :stuck_out_tongue:

there is a full pet build on (last epoch tools) that covers all you need for gearing talents active and passive, its a full zoo keeper build all the heavy lifting is done by the pets. Zookeeper Necromancer Starter Build Guide (Version 1.0.0) - Last Epoch

1 Like

yea i know im bad, it worked in the early to mid game so i had fun but i guess for lategame it’s worthless lol

thx man that’s helpful

My minion build currently.