Any good build for beginner?

Hello.
I started playing 2 days ago tried an ES mage-sorcerer. But it didnt go well as the build guide.Its a tank and at same time its glass cannon not good for me. I am used to be a caster but any solid build works. Any build working with current patch? I quit poe because they are changing everything everyday and hoping this game will be different.

1 Like

Well it’s a beta here will be changes as well. You can build a tanky mage without any problems just use the equip and crafting to make it tanky. There are some casterish sentinel builds arround using smite maybe this suites you better.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

I would appreciate a link to such a build too.

Im currently running a fire nova / fireball sorcerer but in monolith survivability is bad. Im clvl 41 now. But Im low on dodge and glancing blow.

I ran in the past hammer throw forgeguard and spellblade with shatterstrike - both to about clvl 50-51.

I could use a build - preferably an acolyte or druid - that will take me COMFORTABLY through at least several waves and timelines, to begin with lets say between 20-30.

cheers!

1 Like

@thyworm and @boardman21 have a lot of build videos. If you search the forum for the mastery you want to play you’ll find a lot of guides as well.

2 Likes

I think ward related builds not working. I am not sure which one working atm. Searched some build most of them “on hold” at 7.8 (such as Toxic Meltdown: An Aura of Decay Lich Guide. [Updates on hold, please read most recent edit/post!] - #39 by Stormquake) that one is not an ES build but still wont work. I dont know the game mechanics yet and have no idea which builds can work… Still continue playing my sorcerer build to understand the game but getting 1 shot ko :stuck_out_tongue:
Is there anyway to remove the patch and play 7.7?

While it’s not ready yet, I will be releasing a couple beginner friendly caster guides sometime over the next month if time permits. For a high damage, easy to play mage build, I would suggest crit meteor or crit glacier.

1 Like

It depends highly on the class you play. A ward on hit + attack speed Spellblade for example is a norbrainer atm. Sure you need some stuff to make it work or know how you level your skills but it’s easy.
100% uptime Werebear is solid but it’s more of a “in your face” melee type of char.
I build a Lich caster atm but it’s pretty much press every button once and then hold rightclick :(.
Don’t think about endgame viable builds or “is my char any good?”. Just wrap your head arround the content and the mechanics and try to understand everything by yourself. That’s worth far more then rebuilding some guides. If you understand the base mechanics of the game mostly everything get’s crystal clear and you’ll understand the different build pathes.

The game guide might help and it’s bound to the G key by default and you can read some stuff althou just playing the game helps the most.

One tip for beginners might be: Defence>all! Don’t build for damage and take the every defensive meassure that is viable for you. Like HP>protections>all block related stuff for a shield wielding sentinel. Or HP>Protections>100% crit chance for druid… yes 100% crit chance is a big part of druids defense… strange new world ^^. Ward is still a good mechanic for casters, minions are the best friends of minion builds… all hail cpt obvious.

You’ll fin your way arround just have fun and explore because everything you looted every piece of gear and every crafting mat and piece of gold you collect helps you out when you know your ways ;).

1 Like

This build is begginer friendly : Void Forge Guard BUILD Patch 0.7.8 : The Spirals of Deaths, Hammer Throw with Disintegrating Aura - #78 by Malestan

It’s a sort of a caster/melee build which is tanky and has very good damage.
Everything is explained clearly, the pros and cons of the build, how it works, what to spec into, etc… :smiley:

1 Like

Build guides are mostly outdated with 0.7.8, so I would encourage new players to experiment on their own.

In general, defence is the best offence. You can’t do any damage if you’re dead. It’s quite easy to get a good damage with just a few investment, but much harder to survive harder monolith and arena waves.

For casters, movement speed and CC are more important than ever. You can’t really facetank with ward anymore.

3 Likes

Thank you all :slight_smile:
I am trying to copy Void Forge Guard. Its a start at least I will get some money and maybe some items for next build.
Macknum,Malestan,Stormquake,Callizer,Jacek Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have any question about the build, i’m always happy to help you out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s what I started with - Last Epoch Starter Sentinel Build Guide - YouTube

It’s a very fun build that isn’t all that difficult to play. :slight_smile: It isn’t a Mage but it’s what I started with and I’m a big fan.

1 Like

Well, this build is outdated :confused:
I don’t think it will be good for a begginer, and some skills are very questionable (Shield Rush is bad) and the dps is… Non existent ? Will be infuriating to play in late game when it takes you 3 min to kill a rare mob…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.