An Update on Our Road to 1.0

Good news keep up the good work and remember a lot of us love singleplayer as well. Please add the Rogue asap lol.

See you in the future.

1 Like

I think this is a great decision for the game! Excited for multiplayer! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for the update!!

No one wins when a game is released early. I’m a developer too (altough not in the game industry), and I can appreciate the “when it’s ready” answer… I appreciate the honest answers you’ve provided us - from experience, I believe the best way to run an open-ended development project like this is to allow the team to focus on issues they need to as well as places they want to! And sometimes, I feel like I’m looking at a feature that was originally going to be an afterthought, but some dev fell in love with the feature, and they made it their own.

Cheers.

3 Likes

This is as critical an issue for me as MP is for people who prefer MP games. I am 90%+ a solo gamer and one of the things that frustrates me the most about a game like D3 is how grossly disproportionate the ability to progress is between solo and MP.

I am fine with the idea of MP being a little more efficient, but I am definitely not OK with MP being orders of magnitude more efficient.

Hopefully when LE adds MP, it doesn’t diminish the single-player experience or push us into a position where we feel like we need to group up in order to progress at a reasonable pace.

2 Likes

I love where the game is headed and it has a great feeling to it. Appreciate your efforts for providing a solid ARPG game in the way you envision it!

1 Like

This is a very good question, how should MP be balanced compared to SP (though it should probably be discussed in it’s own thread)?

Generally with 2 players it’s assumed that two players doubles the damage they can do as well as doubles the damage they can absorb. So the devs of many games balance this by increasing the hp and damage output of the mobs. And because they want to encourage/reward party play they buff the xp and drop rates.

My concern is that if the mobs gain too much damage per extra player you make it easier to one shot players, especially for bosses (and Soul Cages if you’re willing to wait long enough).

The next question is how you “reward” players in a party. If they aren’t given any bonuses, they’ll probably get shirty (even though they’re likely to be killing faster than in SP and getting more xp/drops per hour purely by being in a party). And if you do give them bonuses then the SP crowd will understandably feel penalised because they don’t party up for whatever reason.

Yet another question is how should death be handled in a party? Should the dead player just respawn in town like in SP? Should they respawn and get an automatic portal (hopefully not given their party is still alive, for now)? Should their be an xp penalty on death with a gravestone like is Grim Dawn? Should the fallen be able to be resurrected (like the Primalist’s companions and D3)? In boss fights should a player be able to portal back if the rest of the party is still alive? Should a player be able to use party members portals or just their own? If you do, how do you handle the player trying to use a party member’s portal to an area they’ve not got to in the storey yet (GD allowed this with some story-based limits, though GD was a lot more “open world” than LE)? Will Danger Mouse be able to free Penfold and defeat Baron Greenback? Tune in next week to find out!

I hope you guys keep communicating and keep adding stuff regularly like you did this last year. This game has already so many qualities, can’t wait for the next update!

“We want to listen to the community but the casuals are coming in larger numbers lately so we’re choosing a bunch of yes men to test our patches”.

1 Like

There’s an interesting comparison to delay announcements between LE, New World, Ashes of creation, and other titles I’m following atm. The bottom line is that, personally, I value achievement over release. Wolcen, I’m looking at you. On the other hand … Star Citizen.

Chart a course, keep communicating, keep releasing patches that show clear progress, don’t announce you’re working on a new game, and watch your cash flow :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to what you have for us leading to 1.0

1 Like

You’ve clearly never participated in a closed beta. It’s more work like than what we’re doing now.

1 Like

All of us who follow the game these months see the big effort you guys have put to make the game playable and enjoyable and to try to satisfy the majority of us.

Keep up the good effort !!

Now where is the new class :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can live with a delay but for me it’s not a delay but it is
a growing anticipation of an awesome game to become an extraordinarily awesome game. Thank you so much for taking the time for finishing this game in the right way.

3 Likes

This was expected. Good call from devs.

1 Like

Just keep on improving the game… If you ever run out of money consider to release the fashion shop in a later beta stage… I’d love to buy costumes etc :smile:

The rogue always been female from day 1.

As for the release being next year or later I kind of expected this to happen and I rather you take your time and do things properly then rush things and mess them up.

hope next update will be fix the peformance i love the game but can’t play it cuz i always got FPS Drop… take your time no rush here…

Developers already made great work and I wish them to continue their work in this way to imlement desired features and to polish the game. I will keep an eye on the progress. :wink:

1 Like

This game deserves to be a hit, and I fully support you in whatever endeavors it takes to make it one. Looking forward to every update between now and release and well beyond!

2 Likes

As a guy coming from the horrible launch of wolcen (after supporting the game/and developers) this is the only reasonable and good decision you made. I think most of the community members here playing the game alot lately and following the roadmap knew that all the missing content couldnt be fully implemented and balanced until the end of 2020. Let’s be honest, 2020 is alrdy a shit year, so lets leave it this way and make 2021 better :wink:
I also like that you dont put out a final release date. The game is finished when YOU think it is. Dont bring pressure on you guys, take your time, have fun developing it, you have a great community as backup.
Cheers

4 Likes

I’m holding my breath for the multiplayer, single player games don’t interest me generally. I really wished it would have been implemented this year but i guess quality is more important. I’ll be happy as long as i can play multiplayer Last Epoch before Diablo 4 launches.

2 Likes