An Early Look at Graphical Improvements Coming in Patch 0.7.7

We are currently performing a pass over zones in Last Epoch to improve their lighting, replace some lower quality assets, and address some feedback that Chapter 1 feels a bit too ‘idyllic’.

Below we’ve gathered a dozen screenshots; half taken in Patch 0.7.6c, and the other half taken in an internal build which has some of the changes that Patch 0.7.7 will be bringing.

Due to shader improvements also coming in Patch 0.7.7, these graphical improvements will be joined by significantly improved performance in most outdoor zones.

Make sure to check back tomorrow for more news!

26 Likes

Those look amazing I cant wait. Way more of a grim dark feel no so lite. I’m pumped

1 Like

Very nice. Going to make a new char when this comes out.

I can not wait to see if the FPS improves :wink:

3 Likes

Looks delicious. Can’t wait to see it in-game!

Noice!

Outstanding !

Absolutely Loving these changes keep it up! A lot of critism some people have for the game comes from your desire to, in the early stages, focus on gameplay (something I applaud you for) but now the critics of said visuals can suck it!

2 Likes

A great first step. But I do wonder why the “after” all turned into a shade of brown and darker when the “before” looked lush and bright :sweat_smile:

Edit: just realised the darker tones in the “after” is to address the “idyllic” feedback. Personally I’m not sure that’s a problem?

4 Likes

Looks great

Looks phenomenal!! Can’t wait for 7.7 let’s go visit Lagon already!

Nice work people!

I dig it. Next graphical step is to work on the player models, as unfortunately they still turn some people away from the game.

1 Like

Please also include performance optimization. I want to see the improved and updated visuals but i need to put the settings to low to regulate pc thermals.

I really love the game but actually had to stop playing for three days now because the gpu sounds so loud.

Please devs thanks!

2 Likes

@Fatalfungus under the pictures you missed this

Due to shader improvements also coming in Patch 0.7.7, these graphical improvements will be joined by significantly improved performance in most outdoor zones.

2 Likes

thanks!

Great !!!

Amazing graphical upgrades :slight_smile: Should help a lot to rope some more people in, as graphics and animations are often what turns people off most when approaching LE (which is a shame, though its nice to play a pretty game, complexity and interesting systems are definitely the most determining factor)

1 Like

Nice, looking forward of seeing if performance gets better as well.

2 Likes

Looks great! Keep up the good work guys! I love this game