Allow VPN

Why can’t you play Last epoch with VPN even if I use splittunneling?
I want to watch films and series while I play.

I’ve been playing with Nord VPN since LE became available to play. So, unless something changed with 1.0, it should work.

As things are right now, I can’t play with or without the VPN, so I can’t say.

I use nordvpn it doesn’t work. There are other players too, with the same issue.

I’m using a VPN right now to play. It’s fine.

Perhaps if you described what makes you think it’s broken while using a VPN, someone could give you a better answer than that.

I play with both PIA and my work VPN (don’t tell my boss) and I have no issues with either one of them.

Weird, I didn’t use a VPN in the beta and everything worked great. When it was released I had the VPN on and I was always stuck in the loading screen. Until someone in the forum suggested they should allow VPN, I remembered that I had turned off the VPN in the beta. And suddenly it worked.

Well that answered it. Paused my VPN and after a day of not being able to load into online game (was able to create a character and login) was finally able to load into a map and start the game online. After 15 minutes, VPN resumed, and I disconnected. Switching zones is still incredibly slow without VPN, and I’ll try again with VPN on before running the game, but it’s definitely interfering. Wouldn’t surprise me if the network change when it reconnected really messed things up. But my VPN (Nord) certainly was interfering at the start.

Confirmed, played in Early Access for years with no problems, full release, can’t load zones using a VPN. Was literally playing the game online 2 days before release with a VPN active and didn’t have major issues. Now I can’t play online with my VPN active, and I don’t like turning it off, like ever. This is quite the disappointing turn of events.

1 Like

I’m using Private Internet Access. No problems.

Im no expert, but… is this related to a VPN, or is it related to the server issues happening atm ?

like the issues being reported here with long loading screens and not being able to load into zones, i get at peak times without a vpn

1 Like

If you use a VPN you won’t be able to get past the loading screen. Yesterday the servers were screwed.

Takes a bit longer to load, but Nord on obsfuscated servers will, work. SMH.

Ah okay thx, i’ll try that.

Also, found for those wanting to use split tunneling, you must also choose steam as well, for Nord. Won’t need to use obsfuscated servers. Seems wonky as with other steam associated games never required it.

Change the Nord protocol to UDP. That worked for me.

Thanks, this also worked for me. Been playing offline only for the last several days.

to Indybrett thx for the info somehow it changed itself to auto again. I thought it was working with UDP already. I will try that as soon as the servers are up again.

to DayGecko thx for the info with obfuscated servers, worked great.

Well it worked until I tried to go split tunneling because UDP was slowing my connection down too much, thought it failed until I found out on Twitch the servers were on fire again…

Here to throw in my complaint of not being able to play on Surfshark VPN. It doesn’t matter which protocol I try to use. My scenario is probably a little more than most. I’ve never had a problem with any game doing it this way. I use Surfshark VPN on my laptop which is also connected through my work VPN. Game will not get past loading screen though this type of setup.

2 Likes

Yeah, switched to UDP and got to play, but slowed all my traffic waaay down, so tried split tunneling. Still haven’t been able to load a game online. Quite dismaying as I was always able to play before 1.0. Now I’m stuck playing Offline, which I don’t hate, but I also got MTX for Kickstarter, the rewards for our patience, Twitch drops, etc, none of which are available when offline. I am willing to be patient, but would like to know that this topic is actually on the radar to get fixed. I know they have bigger fish to fry right now, but something is certainly wrong.

2 Likes