All of my characters were deleted

All my characters have been deleted.

I was playing coop with a friend. We were fighting Lagon in the story when I glitched and was stuck in the tentacle area during the 2nd phase. We finished the fight, and I was able to teleport back to Thetima, but when I tried to move on to Soreth’Ka it would never load. I was stuck on the loading screen forever. I restarted the game several times with the permanent Soreth’Ka loading screen. Finally, I verified the integrity of the game files through Steam. Once I did this, all of my characters are gone from the character selection. I restarted the game again and they are still gone.

What can I do to restore my characters?

UPDATE: Everything was restored when the server problem was resolved. This thread can be deleted.

They say there is currently a service outage… they are having issues. They haven’t told us the details or what that means. I tried to log on and only 2 of my 7 characters were listed the rest are missing. Many people are complaining about missing characters… we’ll see what happens after they say the service outage is over.

Can’t say for certain but your characters may be gone. There are various people (myself included) experiencing an issue with characters being deleted (or not saved) upon logging out. I had a similar experience where I created a character and was getting attacked by invisible monsters so I relogged to try and fix it but once at the character select screen my character was gone. Creating new characters and then logging out saw the same behavior. Others are also experiencing this or similar behavior with characters disappearing (usually after logging out).

I have a ticket where I provided log files and save files and they have responded that there is a bug and it will be addressed in an upcoming patch. That was a week ago. So they are aware of this serious bug but seem unable to fix it and haven’t responded to my ticket in many days.

It might be a small minority of players experiencing this but I wouldn’t personally waste my time playing this game right now knowing such a bug exists that can just wipe away all your progress in an instant. Their save file integrity is seriously messed up and the fact that they haven’t publicly acknowledged this or done anything to address this in over a week is pretty concerning. You might think they would make an announcement and advise players to backup their save files periodically or something (even if just out of an abundance of caution).

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.