All LP drops cap at 600 corruption

Why the hell is that? Was my effort of pushing beyond 1000c completely worthless? Indeed I do not see any better loot here or even nodes on the monolith are still as junk as ever. With only few exalted nodes around closer to the exits.

1 Like

Game was supposed to be designed that 300 corruption is already high, 600 should be reaaly very hard to get. So there is no scaling beyond 600c.

4 Likes

In fact it makes no sense. Even before 1.0 it was said that a corruption level between 200-300 was sufficient to farm items. The further push upwards only serves to push a build and yourself to the limits.

1 Like

Does the Gold drop still scaling tho?

at this point the build you use goes into the database of OP builds to consider nerfing or serves as a prestige badge my dude ā€“ what loot could you possibly expect at 1000 that you donā€™t see at 300?

3 Likes

in addition to that: what loot do you need? You already crushed the gameā€¦

8 Likes

Iā€™m happy to see quite reasonable people here, because i feared the most when i read the title.
I really do like the core-idea of having some sort of endless-scaling-modes - like endess-random-gen dungeons/rifts and whatsoever. The Problem however is, that everyone expects that every class / build should be able to push it at equal levelsā€¦ and that becomes especially the case when said scaling is tied to better rewards. It can pretty soon drift off to becoming unfair for certain classes and builds which canā€™t perform as well, and leads to even more towards meta-playing which kills build-diversity even further.

Now some People might think/argue: ā€œBut than itā€™S a balancing - issue!?ā€ - Sure, but the problem is you will never, at all, for games with that many factors in, be able to make builds / classes / balancing so homogenous that they perform at the exact same level. You will always have Builds which underperform (and iā€™m talking about well thought out ā†’ not sh*tty builds in general) and youā€™ll always have some which overperform. The only thing which can be done to make the gap closer to each other, so itā€™s not that far spread out.

Thatā€™s why (IMHO) Concepts like this should be done like this:
It should be a good / fun endgame alternative to farm/grind for stuff to a certain ā€˜Levelā€™ / ā€˜Shardā€™ / ā€˜Corruptionā€™, and that focuslevel should also be one pillar around the balancing (like letā€™s say corruption 500 is the target - then balancing should be done well enough that all classes atleast for some / many builds is achievableā€¦ ) as well the point where scaling for drop/rates and loots stop(or maybe a bit higher for the really strong well done builds), and everything past that,is a mere bonus for players to test their builds and how far they can push it. Otherwise if it scales ad infinitum it will end up class/build tierlist where many fun to play or generally very good builds get neglected just because they canā€™t overperform as a few othersā€¦

5 Likes

the problem is, when you give people the possibility to do something (endless-scaling-mode), even itā€™s not neccessary (over 200-300 corruption nothing changes anymore dropswise except the lolz), they think they have the right to do it with everything (every class with every, more or less, good build). Thatā€™s normalā€¦ you can read such stuff in every game, WoW, D4 etcā€¦

Now you have two options: either capping the endless thing or have endless discussions with these people from my frist passage. From my point of view, I would prefer to ignore the discussions they open up all the time and have my fun with the endless thingā€¦

You could increase the drop rate of unique items that have 3 or 4 LP. Or the drop rate of rare or very rare items. A few percent upwards per 50 corruption level, just as an example, donā€™t pin me down on that. Give people something to strive for. If things in a game are or become pointless, only a few people will do them. When there is a goal, more people stay in the game.

This is a good thing. There are going to be meta builds that incredibly overperform. If there wasnā€™t a cap on drop chance for LP, it would then cause people to feel as if they had to play these OP meta builds to get the best gains.

2 Likes

And now there are no metabuilds?
And most players donā€™t play these metabuilds en masse now?

That is already how it works. Corruption does influence legendary potential chance.

Idk what game youā€™re playing, it ainā€™t the same LE I am, lol.

1 Like

Is it known to what extent? If it is increased by 0.3% when the base drop rate is 0.1%, then in theory it is of course an increase but in practice it has little to no significance.
And you see, the problem is that players have the feeling that after a certain point there is little to no progress in terms of gear. and something has to change.

Iā€™m delighted for you. Then you play your LE and I play mine when I play it again

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, maybe it has been datamined.

But from my experience exact drop rates and things that affect them should not be discussed in ā€œexact numbersā€, because humans are inherently bad at grasping what these nubmers mean.

Giving feedback based on feeling is worth much more.

If numbers were officially revealed or confirmed people would literally just base their feedback on Item X now has drop Rate Y isntead of Z, that sucks. But they never even tried farming the item in the first place.

I personally can say, that corruption does noticeably impacts LP drop rate, especially 2 and 3LP (because 1LP is already insanely common as CoF for most items)

No one cares that you are playing a bugged/OP mastery. This cap is good because there are a lot of mediocre or bad masteries.

1 Like

The real issue is having builds that allow for 600+ corruption. My only criticism of the game is that there are too many ways to trivialize content.

3 Likes

Hello guyz. May I ask you where did you get this info from? How do you know this is LP cap on 600 corruption? Thank you

1 Like

Hidden for players CAP on drops is incredibly stupid and unfair.

I have suffered a lot to push from 600 to 1200 where I am now.

Still doing 1200 is much more challenging compared to 600, with any single hit can oneshot my character. I am not even talking about orobys random skills doing 20k+ dmg.

Loot is important especially if you are playing trade league, we cannot buy any item on the auction house thanks to gold sellers. Unless you pay real money to buy billions of gold, you have nothing to do in this game for real.