A New Companion Skill Coming to Primalists in Patch 0.8.2

they’d be after your nuts then :stuck_out_tongue:

Greats news.
But as those minions seem to be spell focused, I hope some improvement will be made for some bosses hitbox, just like Lagon : my spriggan companion, my vines, but also spells like devouring orb or smite can’t hit it…
Would be really painfull to play with a crow primalist if there’s also that problem with it, especially with the empowered one.

I think Fulminating Caw is currently worded in a confusing manner.

“Elemental modifiers and modifiers that don’t have a specific damage type also apply to the crows’ lightning damage. This node has no effect on non-lightning damage, even if the crows’ damage type is converted.”

What?

I think it means that elemental modifiers and modifiers that already apply to crows are not affected? Why would it have in the first place? The text is more confusing than helpful in this case.

If instead it does have the additional affect of making all damage modifiers apply, then it is confusing that it says it has no affect on non-lightning damage immediately after suggesting it does.

1 Like

Is this under SHAMAN I assume??

It is primalist base class.

I got that, but what’s best MASTERY class to pair with it? Beastmaster or Shaman?
Your thoghts?

Who knows, everybody will need to wait for 0.8.2 to find the answer to that question.

Sorry I asked, just going Shaman for lighting, thanks for your valuable feedback

Best bet will be investing some points into shaman since it is a spell based companion that scales on attunement, seeing as shaman has both minion spell modifiers and attunement in it’s optional passives it is a safe bet, I am currently looking at around 20-25 into primalist, ~20-25 into beastmaster, ~10 in druid and rest into shaman. May end up dropping some from beastmaster and primalist for more into shaman but still, to me it looks like a shaman mastery choice. Then again +1 summon limit on beastmaster is going to be tempting. Unless that +1 is going to be that big I will probably stick with shaman, most of beastmaster’s passives with minion modifiers seem to be oriented around physical/melee, bleeding or poison effects.

This is entirely possible. You just need to be very careful. :wink:

To me it is sounding like you would take your character’s % increased lightning damage and then modify it by the damage effectiveness modifier. It seems like it will be a solid source of damage for a bit of a hybrid character using storm crows and some form of lightning damage. Like maybe scale lightning damage for tempest strike or the passive lightning strike spell via shaman passives. I will probably focus more on the storm crow side instead of looking into hybrid type build, might be fun integrating a bit of hybrid action though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.