700+ Hours, My Feedbacks and Thoughts

Hello,

First of all, I’d like to mention that I purchased this game a long time ago and have tested it intermittently by playing. I have approximately 700+ hours invested in it. I’m 40 years old and have spent more than half of this time on this type of game. I also have experience in designing game mechanics, and I have worked as a programmer for a long time. I spent a long time providing feedback on a popular ARPG game, then realized that these feedbacks weren’t actually being read much. Now, I would like to provide feedback for another game that I love; although English is not my native language, so it’s possible that I may make some language errors, but I hope you’ll understand.

I’ll try to summarize everything under different topic headings. These will include errors, deficiencies, end-game issues, and/or improvements.

1- Health vs Ward

Frankly, this situation used to bother me in Path of Exile as well (sorry for the comparison). With Ward, the increase in effective health pool is significant. We can easily use a low-life build with just three items. It’s true that not much is gained in terms of defense layers with Ward, but because the effective health pool is so high, it withstands more than a defense-layered build. This doesn’t include DoT; I’ll mention that later.

With health builds, we need to establish defense layers, and despite trying every possible defense layer, I felt that the hits I received were still excessive, even at 300-400 corruption. I tried or stacked 2x red rings, ravenous void, glancing blow, endurance (60%), high armor, but they didn’t seem to help much against multiple creatures. I’ll address the situation with creatures later.

What I’m expecting here isn’t a significant nerf but rather for Health and Ward to be somewhat closer to each other. Currently, there’s a huge gap between them, which forces me to use Ward for end-game content.

2- Less Damage Taken, Defense Layers

I don’t think the formula works very well, or even if it does, the damage scaling of creatures compared to our defense scaling is too high, which makes the damage I take feel excessive. Despite stacking, I still felt that the damage I received was too high. I tried this in mid-corruption monoliths and in dungeons as well. I know that Less Damage Taken is multiplicative, but still, it doesn’t feel balanced.

3- Monster Damage Over Time vs Player Damage Over Time

It’s evident that monster damage scales based on Monolith corruption, but damage over time was hitting hard even before the Monolith, and unfortunately, it doesn’t quite match up with a player fully specced into any damage over time skill in the skill tree. Even if we stack a lot of it, we still can’t deal as much damage. What I’m most complaining about is Poison Damage Over Time. There’s quite a difference between what a player takes in one poison tick and what a monster takes. There are amulets and gloves that mitigate DoT, and it seems to prevent everything except poison.

4- Monster Target Lock Against Player

Some monsters (like wisps, golden elementals) still hit you even if you dodge when they telegraph their attack. You can even see the monster’s turning animation. I don’t know if this is intentional, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

5- Ranged Monster Aggro Range and Ground Effects

I was particularly annoyed by the pollen artillery of Sacred Bloom. With already high aggro ranges, this creature can spam this skill in areas where many of them are present, causing chaos. Ground effects can sometimes be overshadowed by player skill effects. For example, I often can’t see the poison pool of a doggy plant when it spews poison. And if I’m not casting skills, I still can’t see it if the pool is in a green area. I’m in favor of creatures having a glow effect around their ground skills.

6- Character Stat Screen, Tool Tips, and Missing Tags

It seems like a lot of information is missing from the Character Stat Screen. Honestly, it forces me to manually calculate some skill-based calculations. I think I should be able to see a skill’s critical hit chance. It would be nice if you could detail this through tooltips or by selecting the skill on the character screen. Also, the damage of some skills doesn’t appear in the tooltip; for example, I can mention the ballista. Speaking of ballista and since the ballista bug fix has been done, I want to draw attention to this. The Ballista itself doesn’t hit in an area, but the Explosion part does have area damage and width. The blast radius passive in the Falconer trees adds width to area skills. This passive specifically mentions affecting some skills, including decoy (probably for taunt area and explosion area). The explosion areas of the ballista are not affected by this, even if we have area affixes on our items. This might be due to the lack of an Area Tag. I think the explosion from the ballista skill tree should also have an area tag when we take the explosion node. Otherwise, we won’t be able to increase the radius other than through dex, and even with 130 dex, the area is low. Ultimately, to expand the area, we’ll need an area passive or item affix. This isn’t a buff but rather a balance; after all, we need to give up a passive point or affix slot as a downside, but at least we’d gain a width similar to before. Its current state doesn’t seem usable alongside mana cost.

7- Monoliths & Blessings

I’d like you to consider the option of shared monoliths. It wouldn’t be bad if, when playing with another character, it asked us at the monolith whether we wanted to continue from the previous character’s monolith. Similarly, I’m tired of the blessing window popping up every time I defeat a boss. Putting a stone in the boss room and selecting it could be abused, so you might need to make changes to the blessing system. If blessings went into a pool as they were discovered, and as better rolls came in as they were discovered, and we could change the blessing whenever we wanted, that wouldn’t be bad.

8- Circle of Fortune

I absolutely hate tier 9, but I don’t want to complain since it might become useful when set items get buffed. Instead, I think it would be nice if we could filter in the prophecy section. After all, if we’re going to a boss, it’s a bit torturous to check all prophecies every time to see how many prophecies are left for that boss.

9- Stash Filtering

I hope it becomes a bit more comprehensive; its current state doesn’t filter very well. Maybe I don’t have enough filtering knowledge. If I can do detailed searches with more parameters, could you inform me?

10- Special Items That Can Give Us Buffs

I would like to see more items like Core of the Mountain. Auras could also be included. After all, every build ends up within limited things, which leads to a repetitive cycle. It would be nice to see different interactions.

11- Unique Quivers

There are very few of them, and most of them aren’t used.

12- Dungeons

Julra is generally a place visited for legendary farming, aside from exalted farming, and I really enjoy the dimension change aspect. The atmosphere and boss mechanics of the Lightless Arbor boss are amazing. Soulfire Bastion is also a mechanically pleasing location. I would like to see similar but more long-lasting new dungeons, especially ones that reward group play.

13- Pinnacle bosses

They absolutely should be introduced. We need bosses on the level of The Mountain Beneath and Orbyss, with multiple phases.

14- I'm not sure if this is just happening to me, so I'll title it "DMG depends on Echo."

In mid-corruption, despite encountering monsters with significant defensive buffs on some echo maps, I’m able to cut through them like paper. This can happen even in the middle tiers of the web. However, sometimes, despite having few modifiers and no defensive mods on monsters, I find myself dealing very little damage and running out of mana quickly (I might be spamming skills due to noticing low damage). What used to catch my attention in these maps was the slow movement and attack speed, and I’d usually have to check if I was affected by slow or chill effects. Then I realized that there seems to be a performance issue with the map itself, causing a slight frame slowdown, almost like slow motion, noticeable enough. You mentioned a new patch related to movement speed and desync issues, but it seems like this other issue hasn’t been fixed. As I said before, this might just be happening to me.

15- Performance Issues

These need to be addressed for sure. Experiencing the same problems on both mid config and high config on two different computers is troublesome. Sometimes, these issues can dampen the enthusiasm for playing the game.

16- Unity Game Engine Cons

I understand all of you; this tool is truly incredible. It’s an excellent engine for .Net enthusiasts and also does well in terms of community contributions. However, unfortunately, if we’re going to talk about the above situation, performance issues are a bit too common in these types of games. It’s also much more conducive to reverse engineering (related to .Net). Bots written for the game can be easier to develop compared to bots written in a native language because all the function names and required variables are easily visible without much effort. Therefore, it can be challenging to prevent some situations without anti-cheat integration. Although most anti-cheats can be bypassed, you might encounter situations in the future where bots shouldn’t abuse certain features, so I assume you’ve started taking precautions.

17- Private Message Notification

It would be nice to have an audio alert when receiving a private message. It is also necessary to have the option to enable/disable this alert.

Final Thoughts

Although I’m not fond of the Unity game engine in games like this (Albion Online has similar issues, especially regarding performance), I sincerely congratulate you for creating such a beautiful game and bringing in fresh perspectives. Flowing seamlessly between monoliths feels like continuously munching on chips. The game never stops us at a point, which is why you continue to make it addictively engaging. I’ve played Path of Exile for a long time (sorry for repeating it again), and I’ve been playing it since beta. I still love the game in its original state, but when it started to repeat itself over time and many mechanics intertwined, I couldn’t enjoy it as much. This might be due to some aspects becoming monotonous, but I still can’t say it’s a bad game. I can’t say Last Epoch is a bad game either; I believe once performance issues are primarily addressed, this newborn baby will go much further. Thank you again for developing such a game, and I wish you continued success.

P.S.: Public API is eagerly awaited.

Best Regards,
Vystrix

Edits: I forgot to add some topics, I’ve included them now.
21.03.2024 - #3, #4, #17 added

13 Likes

Bumping thread

As someone with over 900 hours currently logged on Steam, I’m happy to see you willing to provide your feedback and opinion on the state of the game.

That is such a shitty feeling, I feel for you. I know EHG is known for listening to community feedback and discussion, so I can only hope that you’ll be treated just fine here.

So far your English has been great. So many non-English natives have insecurities about their writing and I’m always baffled because they usually write a thousand times better than some native speakers.

Comparisons between two current giants in the ARPG space are only natural. I have my own issues with Ward currently, as I think it needs to be reigned in for 1.1.

I wouldn’t mind a Ward nerf for next cycle. Maybe put some form of ceiling on Ward to like 2x your current active health pool? Maybe have it be a defensive stat that doesn’t scale incredibly easy but actually requires a full build investment to utilize, unlike what we currently have where it only takes like 2 or 3 pieces to be BiS.

Health and the Armor stat definition need to be brought up if Ward is going to be left alone relative to what it is now, for next cycle. Endgame pre-1.0 used to be like corruption 400 to 600, now it’s 2,000. Ward enables that, and that’s definitely an issue. I fear for future power-creep if 1.1 lets Ward remain the top dog.

What exactly do you mean by this? In normal, non-Ward using builds, getting to corruption 400 or so the damage is fine, so long as your resists are capped, you have 2.5k or 3k health, and 100% crit avoidance. There’s definition some enemies who can still one-shot through all that, but most are choreographed attacks that are relatively easy to avoid.

I would like 1.1 to add more uses for things like Endurance, Armor stacking, Reflect, etc etc.

True!

EHG is well aware that the enemies who can target you from off-screen are tuned way too damn high. The falling ice-barrages from specific enemies do way more damage than they should, too.

Having glowing effects around their ground skills isn’t a terrible idea. I do think EHG needs to scale down the number of off-screen AOE attacks to a minimum, regardless. It’s a terrible feeling to get killed by something off-screen while looting, especially when you thought it was clear.

I don’t mind the information provided to us, and I know that EHG wants to avoid giving players straight up DPS-meters or UI equivalents. I wouldn’t mind expanding the available information provided to us, but I also do like how it’s not required to check dps-meters in order to piece together a good build.

More information isn’t always better, but in this case I think some improvements could be made.

I don’t mind character-locked monoliths, but I do have problems with the grind to get back into Empowered each alt. EHG also has plans to alleviate this with more catch-up mechanics.

I prefer having progress of each character seem independent from my other characters, though. My Marksman may be able to scale Empowered Corruption Monoliths fairly well, but my Runemaster is weaker and hasn’t done the same work to get the same end-result.

It’s a very minor issue but I’m not disagreeing. Hell, give it a delay in appearing so you can make sure you’re not standing in anything or having a DoT on you.

Also the UI for selecting it is pretty, but the animations take way too damn long.

Selecting to Keep Current blessing shouldn’t have a 5-second delay with sound effects in order to make the UI go away. I’m trying to loot the bosses drop, now get this tab out of the way haha.

I know EHG plans to make blessings swappable and to have it memorize your best roll so you can switch between them without killing the boss. The idea of having a sort of physical place to do it, maybe in the End of Time zone with a physical pool or temple sounds pretty cool.

Tier 9 of CoF is useless currently, yep. Set items are underperforming and getting them is basically pointless. I think leaving the set item reward at tier 9 is fine for 1.1, but Set items need improvements all-round.

I know EHG talks about a rework for them to bring them in-line power wise with unique/LP slamming, but letting them feel like their own item rarity and type.

I’m curious what they’ll do with them.

Also adding a filter in the prophecies page would be a great QoL update. I’m all far it. Hell, have it automatedly sort and organize Prophecies by bosses, dungeons, etc etc. Let the user pick how it’s sorted with a drop down.

Affinity filtering is coming soon. Keyrings for dungeon and arena keys is also planned.

I think there’s a good share of different build variety at the moment, but more is always nice. I’m never going to be against adding in new build-functionality to items.

What, you don’t want to use the same 2 or 3 quivers for all bow builds? Hehe.

Agreed. One of my issues with dungeons currently is that they don’t feel like actual dungeons. It’s two floors, in and out in like 3 minutes each, than a boss fight.

I know they plan for more dungeons in the future. I’d love a “raid” sort of place, too, where it’s many more floors with mechanics with super cool rewards to farm at the end. Something to sink my teeth into.

Coming in 1.1 next cycle. They’re not going to be just some new boss thrown somewhere random, they’re going to have their own entire system and end-game grind attached to them.

Mike talks about it at times on his streams.

Some mobs just seem scaled higher than others. A lot of it is what’s new and what’s old. Old mobs seem weaker, while the new stuff hits like a truck at times.

I think I know what you’re talking about, but I can’t pinpoint if I’ve had this too.

Just a question - Do you have Vsync enabled? If so, try turning it off? Sometimes it can cause frames to buffer in such a way as to make it feel like you’re moving in slow motion, or like your character is running through mud.

Yup.

I found certain maps are fine, but others drop me to piss poor frame-rates. Jagged Outskirts is almost always something I avoid because I get my fps cut in half just by being there.

I’m always hoping for more performance improvements each patch.

Unity definitely gets it’s fair share of flack cause it’s known for the “indie game engine” or the “poor man’s Unreal” or whatever.

Unity has it’s own issues, but I’m overall fine with it. I think they’ve done impressive things with it so far, but there’s always more they can do. Updating the engine itself so as to allow FSR and DLSS would make heaps of help for a lot of people, and I know they’re working on it, albeit slowly and carefully.

Issue with this is finding people who are willing and able to learn an entirely native coding language/engine for Last Epoch.

Unity is well-known and so it’s way easier to find skilled people to work on it than say at Jagex, who uses their own native game engine for their games, and bots and cheaters exist there regardless.

You can’t really remove bots, no game has managed it. Improving anti-cheat and their chat moderation, while banning both gold sellers and buyers would definitely help toward this, though.

Whenever I think of Unity as a weaker engine, I’m always reminded of other well-known projects that were done in it. Valhelm, for one. Wasn’t Escape from Tarkov a Unity game? Subnautica? Cities Skylines? I could go on.

It’s truly amazing what can be done in Unity, and now Last Epoch has shone a light on the engine yet again.

Me while running Monoliths - Chips

I also don’t love T9. It’s neat, getting full sets but it is mid. What T9 also does though is unlock the last lens slot in the Observatory for your telescopes. Which I think is the big ticket part and the Set item thing is just to put something on the card in the CoF UI.

You have articulated very well, and i would say better then the vast majority of people probably could. I think we all appreciate feedback from a developer especially since the feedback we provided has been similar.

Go make your own game, you would likely do it better then these clowns. Cant even get servers working after 5 years in early access.

No need to be rude. But I empathize with your frustration.

No, I don’t emphasize with someone so blatantly rude and inconsiderate. Toxicity isn’t needed on this forum, and there’s a clear difference between criticism and insults. Calling EHG “clowns” isn’t criticism and shouldn’t be treated as such.

It’s a good thing I don’t speak for you then.

But he did criticize them though?

@Nevieth
Thank you for your responses. Most people don’t even like to read long texts, yet you’ve answered each of them step by step. I’m grateful.

So, I wear 2x red rings, resistances are overcapped, endurance is also capped, 57% armor, 100% glancing blow, but even small creatures tickle more than that. I don’t have a problem with bosses because only one thing hits me, but it’s not the same in the monolith. Getting a big hit is a problem because there’s a bit of a swarm situation. Although I mentioned before it’s beyond less damage in, but poison is a big issue. As players, we can’t deal even a quarter of the poison damage they inflict, but these creatures literally take away a percentage of our health. Oh, and the blowing creatures hit a lot. Cold and fire blowing wolves and tigers, also a cold blowing bat. There’s one more thing I added to my previous message, some creatures literally target lock. I mean, you dodge while they telegraph their attack, but they turn towards you and hit you. You can even see the sudden turning animation of the creature. For instance, creatures like Wisps and Golden Elementals.

So, there aren’t many quivers in the style I’m looking for. In fact, an exalted quiver suits me better :stuck_out_tongue:

Vsync is always off, I even tried it on very low. I think it’s related to the map type.

So, I still think it’s problematic for multiplayer. Of course, there are many great games made with Unity. For example, Albion is an MMORPG made with Unity, but they usually have problems in the network part. I’ll feel relieved once they fix the issue.

I laughed a lot at the chips part, by the way. I’m a Death Note fan. That was a good reference, hahaha

Thanks again for your answers.

Bots written for the game can be easier to develop compared to bots written in a native language because all the function names and required variables are easily visible without much effort.

While yes there are tools exactly for this, it’s also easy to add obfuscating to the build step. if the goal is to just make function name and field not make sense (it doesn’t help)

There is no avoiding bots in these kinds of games. I’ve played multiple Unreal game(C++) and even custom language(MapleStory) that are full of bots.

But one downside of Unity is definitely main thread stall and it’s showing in the game. IDK wtf happens every time there are many corpses stacking on the screen. something is definitely broken there and it doesn’t seem like a rendering issue.

When the developers lead says the servers are battle tested, then proceed to bricking said servers for almost 5 days that is clownish and unprofessional.

When the devs cant fix bugs that have supposedly been in EA for 5 years, that is clownish behavior. If people did a job as poorly as this in any industry outside of gaming, they would been fired day 0.

I am not gonna pedestal the devs, their job is to push buttons on a keyboard. No excuse for solving said issues. I will change my mind only when i see the devs acting with competence

Agreed with a lot but not all of your thoughts.

-Just enjoyed someone giving actual feedback in the feedback portion of the forum.

-I very much appreciate folks giving comprehensive and thoughtful feedback as it improves the game for everyone (assuming the feedback is read and ingested). So far, I feel like this game TRIES to read feedback and respond accordingly.

-Still keeping my fingers crossed they don’t get mixed up and continually change directions due to unconstructive feedback/whining. This is what I am used to since my recent reintroduction into ARPG games.

1 Like

@BaalMelqart , thank you for your kind words. Most of what I’ve written may not be necessary, but performance issues definitely need to be addressed. Otherwise, I’m used to wandering the Monolith, conquering dungeons, and obtaining some chase uniques, even if they’re low on lp or without lp :stuck_out_tongue: . It keeps me engaged, and I enjoy it, so I don’t mind the trouble, although unfortunately, everyone’s idea of enjoyment is different. Thanks again.

1 Like

I hear you! I am on day 8 of trying to get the unique helmet “prismatic gaze”. OI! I farm Black Sun monolith, utilize Circle of Furtune lenses, prophecies, etc but nooooo luck. I am not too bothered by it since I am mostly enjoying the process. I AM becoming a lil irritated by content regurgitators telling me how “easy” it is to get this or that piece of gear just because they had better luck but it is what it is.

-I could always take a break on that item and work towards something else. I have other goals too, am just being stubborn right now. I enjoy that I am level 99 right now and don’t so much care about level, etc. It’s more about my farming goals.

It’s a good thing that I never claimed to speak for you, either. I simply said I don’t emphasize like you do. There’s no need to emphasize and discuss with someone who clearly has no intention of actually entering a conversation with a level head.

When did he provide actual criticism in that post? He says nice things to the OP and then goes into calling the devs clowns. That’s not criticism, that’s name calling.

The developers did battle-test the servers, and the server capacity isn’t what broke on release day. You clearly have never gone near a launch-cycle of any sort of digital software, cause if you did you’d know that you can test and fix everything, but something completely unexpected can and will happen that causes issues.

The servers were up and working, running with over 200,000 concurrent players within 48 hours of launch. Were their still issues? Yep. I’m not placing the devs on a pedestal, I’m simply recalling what happened without rage tinting my memory.

Also the online functionality of Last Epoch is a 1-year sort of thing, not 5. Rather than rage and scream about 5 years this, 5 years that, maybe you should actually know what you’re talking about?

Online and multiplayer came with the release of version 0.9 last year. Back then the highest concurrents reached was about 45,000 or so, give or take. Again, it wasn’t an issue of just buying new servers. They bought plenty, and were running both Amazon and Steam based servers, the best which basically every studio uses for PC launches.

It was an API container that broke during launch. They couldn’t have tested and predicted it because it hadn’t broken until it did. If you can’t wrap your head around that, then just leave. Leave a negative review and go back to whatever game you played before. Calling the devs clowns and insulting them as developers and as people is just going to make them less likely to actually interact with the player-base. Happened with PoE, and if people like you got your way, it will happen here too.

Baby raging.

You will never change your mind because nothing anyone says or does will be enough. You won’t be happy until the devs disappear like in PoE and we have no one to actually interact with to tell us certain behind the scenes bits.

I speak only for myself, but if you’re going to post like you’re currently doing - Leave. I personally don’t welcome toxicity.

AND NOW BACK TO THE OP

Sorry, things got off-topic because of certain characters.

I’m more than happy to reply and give the time of day to people who seem to love the genre and know how to provide feedback and criticism maturely. I also agree with you in a lot of regards.

FYI how overcapped you talking here? Cause anything over 100% is unnecessary, even if enemies can shred through certain resists. Most recommend 75% all resists except Physical and Void, which go to like 100% or so.

Only massively overcap if you’re scaling ward or damage off overcapped resists.

Yeah, certain newer mobs definitely are overtuned damage wise. I would like my effort into buffing up armor and resists to feel more rewarded in the future.

Any form of DoT is certainly rough, as it stands.

I don’t have much issue with the bats, but the Tundra Stalkers or whatever those tiger things are, they’re pretty rough. Issue is they’re fast and get up in your face quickly before unloading an ungodly amount of burst damage. Again, an overtuning issue I’d say.

Which enemies do that? That sounds like a bug since, maybe file a bug report whenever it happens with the enemy name and damage type? Tick the player data option, too. I’m pretty sure no enemy is supposed to alter their attack if it’s been choreographed.

There’s been issues of some bosses doing that, and it’s been confirmed a bug. Might be something similar here, too.

Hmm. Sounds like a bug, but maybe I’m misunderstanding. Any footage or a gif of it happening, perhaps?

My build uses one of the few useful unique quivers, the Troaka’s Teeth, hehe.

Yeah, definitely a map issue for me too. Some maps I’m fine but others just tanks my frames and makes me feel like I’m running through quicksand. It’s not many maps, but it’s also not zero.

Fair. My main experience with Unity is with single player games, with LE being more of an exception than anything. Networking was an issue with 0.9 and continues, to a far lesser degree, to be an issue in 1.0.

They’ve made improvements over time, and I’m hopeful for future versions, too.

:smiley:

I experience the same thing sometimes. I thought I’m crazy, but I’m glad that I’m not the only one. For me, the mana thing is the more annoying than the damage. Even at bosses there is a huge difference in my manaconsumption. I have no idea where to find the error. I’m playing a artillery sparkcharge Runemaster und when I cast Frostclaw without hitting monsters, I run never oom, but in Echoes and at bosses in ca. 1/3 of the cases I run oom. In such echoes, I run room even when I gather a lot of mobs together. I believe there is a bug, some modifiers of the player, concerning manareg or something, won’t load when you enter the echo. I don’t know…

@BuckyCool , it’s good to know that I’ve learned this. It seems I’m not alone in experiencing this issue too.

Pretty much this. I agree with every word. However, I’m surprised that the balancing of skills and classes wasn’t mentioned. And the terrible UI in Merchants’ Guild.

@yawan

I couldn’t comment much on class and skill balances because I haven’t experienced all of them. My general issue was the balance between ward and health. I also wanted to mention the area tag situation in Ballista, but I’ll add those as I play more. Additionally, I haven’t tried the Merchant Guild at all, so I can’t comment much; I generally prefer to find my own loot. Although the game’s skill UI and some graphics are not particularly great, they haven’t affected my gameplay significantly, so I didn’t prioritize mentioning them. Hopefully, the graphics will change over time. Most likely, I’ll provide most of the feedback by updating this title to avoid cluttering the post. But overall, as in many games, there is a balance issue between melee and ranged here as well. It could be nice if balance could be achieved rather than nerfing. I’ll share if something comes together in my mind over time. Thanks for your thoughts.

could this:

Fixed a bug where your stats could become out of sync with the server. This could result in issues such as the client believing you had less movement speed than you did.

be our issue? It’s from the Patchnots 1.0.4

yes, that’s very sad. For example the werebear-Druid. Cleartime in echoes is just fine, but for bosses and bigger Mobs the damage is not sufficient. This makes it a chore to do a boss… Swipe Werebear should get a buff for singletarget damage…

In addition to that: due to the fact that in LE exists a large amount of spells which provide a “turret-like” playstyle (ballista, totems, cthonic fussire etc,), which means not yourself do the damage but your spell which is placed on the ground, gives this speccs a big advantage over melee and normal casters too. You have much more time to play mechanics of the bosses and do your damage. When a normal caster have to move, there is no damage (for example the Artillery Spark Runemaster, just to name one).

1 Like