700+ Hours, My Feedbacks and Thoughts

I mentioned this patch, it’s possible. Hopefully, we won’t encounter the same issue again. I felt the need to write about it because I’ve encountered this issue multiple times.

is this patch already live?

Yes, it went live and even a 1.0.4.1 hotfix patch was applied on top of it. The client is currently showing this version.

ah ok, so I will test it in a couple of hours. When did they deploy the patch? Within the last 12 hours or earlier?

The patch you mentioned which includes the fix was deployed 17 hours ago as version 1.0.4, while the hotfix patch version 1.0.4.1 was deployed 9 hours ago.

thanks.

Where do I find this information by myself? I looked at the tread three times but couldn’t find any information about when they deploy/want to deploy.

Unity does support DLSS i believe, Its a 4 step process too. Nvidia would even send people over to assist i hear too.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/[email protected]/manual/deep-learning-super-sampling-in-hdrp.html

Yep, but the current version of Unity used to develop Last Epoch doesn’t support it. Mike has talked about it before on his streams. EHG is working slowly and carefully on updating the version of Unity to enable DLSS and FSR, but they don’t want to rush it and break stuff.

Ah ok, Makes sense.

1 Like

My dude! Thoughtful and well written post. Great write up. Thanks for taking the time. I really hope the devs take a look at it.

Unity compiles down to CPP using IL2CPP. Thats been around a VERY long time. Its not some .net assembly laying around waiting for reflection and decompilers.

Hey, thank you for your kind words.

I have experience with Unity, so I’m familiar with it. What I’m referring to is a different situation, and I’m sure EHG is aware of it. I wouldn’t want to delve into details here to avoid drawing attention, but the use of IL2CPP doesn’t change the situation. Nonetheless, thank you for the information.

Fair enough, and yes probably best not to advertise it :slight_smile:

I agree with a lot of your feedback. This feels more like a consequence of reaction vs planned in defect leakage from a software perspective.

The 1.0 patch (aside from the service bottlenecks) - was a fairly stable build. And it feels the team panicked and quality suffered and things that should not have been merged may have been merged unintentionally.

1 Like

For some reason you have chosen to ignore the line after he called them clowns which is clearly criticism of how they are handling network infrastructure. I have no clue of the validity of these claims but to say that he was only bashing them is wholly incorrect. Again there’s no need for rude comments.