4 Mod Items with Drop Only Exalted is quite boring

I would like more slot on item too, i’m agree with the OP, it become boring very fast

2 Likes

Exactly… Bring us your important LE improvement considerations without mentioning/comparing this game with that junk and we can walk together in the playground

I dont think u got the point, and it doesnt matter

Can you please stop bashing PoE? Right now it’s one of the most played hack and slays world wide so stop calling something “junk” because in your space you considere it junk. This helps noone and disrupts the whole discussion.

PoE achived a lot and does a good job still. Do I like PoE? Every now and then just like D3 it’s just a question of the seasonal theme. Do I bash both games because i don’t like them very well? NO! I hate WoW with all my guts and still have to say it’s the best casual mmo with the best fleshed out content ou there.

I hope LE get’s a fair share of the piece of the cake but comparing apple A and apple B helps people to sort out things and to be honest people who say “it gets boring fast” aren’t wrong.

For example I wish for something like:

• Weapon 3 Prefixes 1 suffix
  • Armor 1 Prefix 3 suffixes
  • Relic 2 for both
  • Rings and Ammulet 4 slots of your choice

Then again I take what I get because I’m okay with… not exited but okay and I look for future additions to the system. I hope we can all provide to it with some constuctiveness and ideas :).

1 Like

I like this idea, it would make more choices on affixes, and they are not running away from 4 affixes

Wow the comments got toxic pretty quickly. Gonna skip over most of it just because it’s a headache to read it all, but just to quickly address a through-line through all of this:

The comparison to PoE is fine for what it is. Not every game of a genre needs to be the same as another game of the genre, but it’s worth the comparison on at least how well games handle similar game systems. Sometimes there’s something to learn and take from another game even if you’d overall rather play this new game than the game it’s being compared to.

Personally I moved over from PoE to this in part because while PoE does some stuff I like, there are plenty of more fundamental problems with it that aggravate me to the point that I can’t stand the game anymore. I’d be way happier if PoE fixed those issues or another game came along and took the good parts of say, PoE, D3, etc and changed the bad parts. Thus far Last Epoch has done a good job at making some changes in the right direction on some of the things I hated about PoE, but is currently lacking in some other ways that I hope the devs will work on over time. (The devs being so responsive to the community and seemingly more sane than the PoE devs is also a big reassurance.)

As far as itemization goes, yeah I kind of agree that it’s pretty boring right now. 4 affixes isn’t a lot to work with and what’s worse is that there are a lot of affixes that are boring or redundant. I hate resistances in these games in general. Trying to balance them is one of the least fun things about games like this, and this game decided to go from ~3-4 of them that PoE has to 6 in addition to a mix of other semi-mandatory feeling defensive cap stats. Then there all of the affixes which are duplicated for the sake of having both a flat increase and a percentage increase. Other games do this too, it’s boring all around, but it’s a problem that definitely gets exacerbated by the lack of affix space you have to work with in LE. Like all this taken into account, by the time I get done putting all the resistances, crit avoidance, flat and % increases to other defensive stats and damage stats in some places, and then the obviously better class specific mods for some skills, what space on my gear do I even have left to make my own choices?

Plus all of this makes actually upgrading the gear after a certain point feel really lame. Like this is one of the issues I had with PoE: That the way loot works sucks so much that it’s rare that it’s worth your time to look at gear you drop and make a swap. I thought Last Epoch was better in this regard initially because of the way the crafting worked and the focus on increased item rarity over quantity. That said, as I played more I’ve more and more just found myself back in the place where I’m not that excited to see drops because so much of it is crap and the effort it takes to go craft a piece that isn’t already close to perfect just isn’t worth it when the way it can even be an upgrade is pretty much only if 3-4 affixes are at least as good or better than what I already have. Since the probability of getting higher than what you already have on multiple affix slots greatly decreases as you go higher in tiers, you get fewer and fewer opportunities to upgrade and the upgrades you do manage to get often barely inch their way over the finish line of being better than what you had before.

Not sure exactly what I want to see changed about this, but it’s something I definitely hope the devs are considering very carefully.

5 Likes

Ty agreed

Hey SigmaQ
Yea I guess my definition of build-enabling uniques are a build is made possible to exist because of the unique items.

Like without it, that build cannot exist. I agree that LE is aiming more towards uniques that just add power to already existing builds. I do notice there are A FEW uniques that fit my description, I just wish there were more. I know they are planning to add more Im just adding in my input/suggestion that the future uniques should be more build defining rather than small stat buffs.

I would say getting a BIS item in this game is more impossible than it is in POE tbh
A BIS item is double exalted prefix dmg t7 on both?

I’ve crafted mirror tier items on POE and It’s not as difficult as it is “expensive”
There are usually very clear steps you take to crafting whatever item you want.

Considering that people who play a ton of POE make over 100 exalts a week, I am capable of crafting massive amounts of profit each league

As far as harvest goes GGG pulled a Blizzard and told the community - “You think you do, but you dont”

Look at the player drop off and how poorly the last league performed?

Now GGG is going into oops mode and trying to make players happy again with 3.16 which releases in about 4 weeks from now…

Compared to getting a double exalted item with the correct base/implicit and both mods t7 and both mods matching what you’re looking for?

I’m pretty sure that’s as rare as an actual mirror drop lol

I agree the random mod on an item from another pool is not a perfect suggestion I just threw it out there

I’m sure there are many ways to spice up the items in this game

Well, good thing in LE is there is no need to have double exalted with good implicit BiS to complete endgame atm. This can of course change in the future, so we’ll have to wait and see. Crafting will also receive an update. There have been a lot of feedbacks on itemisation in the end game as well so let’s hope the devs can come up with creative solutions.

It depends what u are considering an endgame. To some is reaching very high corruption and kill bosses very fast while still have good aoe clear and a lot of builds currently are not viable for that

Personally, endgame is corruption 200 empowered mono. I think it is normal for lots of build to not be able to reach that. I miss this and should have mentioned in that post: “relative to PoE, a larger proportion of builds are able to reach endgame without double exalted BiS”.

1 Like

To me is that i always like to find some broken build and play it i know its wrong to consider endgame based on what those few builds can do but i cant help myself lol

Ok… A lot has happened here since I last posted, including me going back to re-read what the OP had to say.

You know what, OP? You were right. I saw PoE and let my distaste for that game (well, more for GGG than the game itself) color my interpretation of your post. I’m sorry for that. Given that my dislike of PoE comes primarily from the way crafting is handled (or was, when I was playing that game), when I saw PoE named in conjunction with crafting I got tunnel visioned. Not a justification, but (unfortunately) a reality.

As for your specific suggestions, I’m not entirely sure what to think about the idea of being able to create an exalted item. On one hand, I see it as a possible exciting outcome to a crafting attempt, which could be cool. On the other, I fear it making exalted drops less exciting to see when playing. That said, I freely admit that I don’t have a great deal of playtime under my belt so that lack of excitement may exist for some already.

Crafting on a dropped exalted item does have its frustrations. I’ve taken a rune of removal to one with a T6 mod that was great for my build and that T6 was the one mod of the four that went bye bye. The only suggestion I would make for this is to perhaps weigh the odds of an affix being removed based upon its tier. The higher the tier, the less chance of it being selected for removal. Risk/reward remains intact, but you are afforded some measure of security. This is an off the cuff suggestion, though, and may have more implications that I haven’t taken the time to consider. It’s also entirely possible that this is the case now and I just don’t know it.

Regarding off slot mods appearing on an item, I’m not sure that this would solve anything given the limited number of affix slots available. Between all of the defensive layers (base and increased health, armor, 7 resists, crit avoidance, endurance and threshold, stun avoid, block and effectiveness, maybe more I’m forgetting), trying to build offensive capability, and increasing resource pool it can already be quite the juggling act to fit what you need into your limited slots. Again, though, inexperience may be coloring my perception.

I will agree, though, that based on what I’ve seen so far the current pool of affixes lacks any real wow factor.

2 Likes

I mean some people might say end game is getting into mono’s

I personally think end game is empowered mono’s

My build rn has enough dmg and consistent defense, however I get randomly 1 shot

When I look for ways to improve my build there really is only 1 item, which I have tried to farm for a long time and haven’t gotten it yet

A unique pair of gloves that gives +2 shuriken and alot of poison chance on hit

Besides that just small incremental dmg buffs from exalted t7 mods

I have no real way to add 1 shot mitigation to my build afaik

I think the main reason is that I am using the “per dagger” setup

So I dual wield, without dual wield I lose most of my dmg

So if I got a very strong unique shield like Bastion it would make me survive alot more than I already do, yet my dmg would like crumble

But I dont know if I need any more dmg either way

Only thing left for me to do is farm perfectly rolled blessings, continue to add to my unique collection (of which I have almost every single one in the game), or push arena wave/max corruption

So I am left feeling empty since I cant really work on item crafting or building any god tier items

I also dont get much from finishing lvl 100 and I also dont get much from exalted drops

I wish there was more to do, of course I know its early access

I was thinking about how POE recently gutted item crafting by killing Harvest and I realized how much I actually enjoyed detailed indepth item crafting

The more I thought about items and began comparing the differences between POE and LE items I was like… wow there’s alot of interesting stuff missing in LE itemization

I just merely wanted to put my suggestion out there

I think value in items and itemization is one of, if not the most, important part of an ARPG

If items aren’t that interesting… then… yea it gets boring fast in end game imo

I guess u are kind of guy like me to make glass canons lol especialy in this game since u feel there arent enough of affixes for the damage :slight_smile:

I agreed with your post from the start i have similar opinion as u do based on itemization, endgame, number of affixes and crafting. There are for me few pillars what makes a good arpg experience and those are
1.Itemization (LE lacks heavely on interesting affixes, which i cant say for uniques i like how diversal they are since im keeping in mind a lot of them are gonna come more before 1.0 this is unfinished product as well legendaries are gonna come) but they have mentioned on dev stream that they dont have plans to change 4 affixes to be 6 or more which personaly i do not like since basicaly game is guiding u on what to craft on suffixes only suffix u will gonna chouse is ward, endurance or dodge based on your char, others belong to res, health etc. Preffixes have similar guidelines since there are no WOW factoe preffixes which enables your build so u will craft always crit, crit multi, flat damage, and plus to skills etc there is nothing special about those and it is very bbasic, but some people like basic and i can accept that but its just not for my taste and i know there are a lot of others who agree on this, there were similar threada opened for this one

2 randomness- i think u still didnt play long enough to unerstand that all maps layout u will know by your hearth (devs mentioned they like hand crafted maps and that they font have technology to change it to procedural generated) this is as well big downside for me

3 crafting (its amazing system to me actualy but lack options a lot now but they have mentioned they will upgrade it heavely before 1.0 i remember on one dev stream Mike developer said it will have number of runes and glyphs similar but not quite as much as POE has currency right now

4 Endgame i find it to be really good but very repetative and boring couse its missing a lot of options now i believe they stated it is not gonna change much before 1.0 im holding my fingers to be uprgraded afterward. Yes 3 more endgames are planed before 1.0 but i would rather have 1 that is perfect than 3 which feels not so perfect

5 progression, u feel it until certain point afterward nothing is different everything is the same from empowered mono 100 onwards only number on corruption changes and this is not engaging for me enough to keeo grinfing currently especialy couse im farming for t7s which are only highere in number and they dont give as u said anything special creating that POE Wow effect, and when that t7 on right base breaks or gets removed after 50lus hours of farming, yeah i want to smash my 3000euro laptop screen just to fractured it as well a little bit lol, thats how i feel about current implementation of crafting, but the base idea of it to me is better than any others found in similar games that includes POE as well

6 feeling of skills hiting the mosters (i do not feel it at all) only with static orb i feel it when it pulls those enemies, sounds of skills are improving but this number 6 is already some fine tunings which will most likely come heavily latter. And on the stream Mike (developer) menrioned maybe they will make one patch as a facelift to improve all of the efects and games look

But what i really like in this game is that every class feels very different and to me it feels like u are playing different game I love skill trees, and those i like the same as POE systems although they are very simplified they are costumizable enough for me to spend 300 hours or so on the game so i guess for me magic of this game currently lies there and i am looking forward to the day other things become so memorable to me as feeling of each class and masteries when i play it

I strongly believe in devs that they are making memorable game since they really are reading every post and listening to community which is far better than what GGG is currently doing, nor to mention Blizzard, but hey im really looking forward in 3 days to D2R especially couse of offline mode :slight_smile:

Edited: try to look at roadmap on steam to 1.0 on how many more things they will do and u will see that a lot of things are gonna be added and improved as well cycles (Similar nature to POE seasons are gonna come) what i am only afraid off is how long is gonna take tham to imolement even half of it with current pace, but we will see after multiplayer comes out how fast their pace is gonna be since most of the resources are now focused on multiplayer

1 Like

Oh no! This game is not PoE! How surprising! I wish I was playing PoE!

Jokes aside, it is true that that the crafting system is not as complex as PoE. However, call me a filthy casual, I got at least a couple thousand hours in PoE and I never truly crafting anything serious. It is just too damn complicated and unworthy for your efforts (and precious braincells). Because of having trading, it is always better off just grind for currency. Which ends up the itemization game for most players out there is even way more boring comparing to Last Epoch - going through maps for thousands of times to pick up some currencies, or some expensive items to turn into currencies, to just trade said currency for your BiS on the archaic, inefficient, unresponsive trade system. In Last Epoch, every new players can start crafting and gain clear understanding on what crafting is, making players reaches endgames in a linear, enjoyable fashion.

Now I do agree, crafting can be improved, considering the game is actively evolving, and even exalted items are newly added in this game, many more can be added. I even agree with your solutions to some extend. But constantly comparing this game to PoE, a game with glaring and
countless flaws in their crafting system (just look at the hooplah since the release of Harvest), a crafting system that the devs are actively trying to not copy to, agitates me.

1 Like

This is something that is frequently completely neglected by players, and something i’ve been preaching forever. The road to success is to double down on those aspects which make your game stand out and attract its own playerbase - not to try to copy everything mindlessly. EHG have done a very smart job with this so far in that they have learned many of the lessons other devs had to experience the hard way, but aren’t trying to go down the same roads exactly.

Wolcen for example is a solid ARPG, but not unique enough. It tries too hard to copy D3 and PoE in various aspects, and has practically nothing special to it which would make you want to play it instead of the “originals”.

If LE just tried to do a barter trade system or an AH, and redesigned the game to accommodate that, it would simply be compared directly constantly.

2 Likes

Cheers to this post. Here here. Not only is it a very nice resource on its own, it show’s clearly they have the right pathway on higher powered uniques. They aren’t designed to be best in slot for every build. They have their own purpose for a variety of niche builds.

To skip over a lot of the nuisance of this thread(which I did read) - I think the main post really comes down to this “I WISH THE GAME WAS DONE!!!”. I wish it was done too, everyone does. You’ll have to give them some time though. Remember they haven’t even finished the core story. The game is so much further along than I thought it would be at this point. There’s so much potential and I feel very strongly they will get there.

As a final point about this main post and every post like it. This is an ARPG. All of these types of threads assume the player should only make one character for the entirety of the time playing the game. This is insane to me. No one has done that in any ARPG proceeding it. If you’re feeling bored and stagnant on your extremely flushed out character, make another one. You’ll find a very rich and different play experience. If you’re that adverse to doing such a thing maybe a MMO is really what you’re looking for.

1 Like

i agree with you neto.

1 Like

I would love items to have 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes as those will enable many more builds and will also improve itemization / item diversity in general but I asked Mike in one of the Q&A streams and he said that this will probably never happen :smiley:

I think they will work on crafting and change / add more things in the future, no doubt.

1 Like