4 Mod Items with Drop Only Exalted is quite boring

I don’t even want to participate much in this discussion anymore.

I saw the OP earlier and wanted to point out a few things, but didn’t had the time now when I returned and seeing how downhill this discussion is going I don’t have a lot of motivation to participate anymore.

I just want to point out one particular thing that I am really annoyed by, people saying that LE doesn’t have interested/build enabling Uniques.

While there might be some Uniques that are “build enabling” and some that are “build defining”, sometimes the line between this might be a littel bit blurry.

But I just want to throw out a few Uniques that are Build Enabling as much as you can think of.

So @benjaminbona, since you already found almost all uniques and still say there are no build enabling ones I guess I can’t spoiler you anymore.

Shroud Of Obscurity, Exsanguinous, Last Step Of The Living: Low Health Ward Builds
Probably the most commonly used ones to show build enabling uniques, but some classes do not have any capability to relibly do low health playstyles and there are a lot of skills and other interactions revolving around low health and allowing ward as you primary defensive layer.

Dark Shroud of Cinders: Allow heavy void scaling on Mage, but especially Spellblade. This allows a whole other bunch of uniques and set Items to be used efficiently.

Gaspar’s Set: Similar to Dark Shroud of Cinders and can even be combined this allows classes that usually don’t have access to void damage to use a void proc as AoE clearing tool, works very well on mages and primalist and can also be worked into Sentinel. All of which do not have access to void damage baseline.

Transient Rest: Very underrated Unique that allows primarily sorcerers to benefits a lot from stutterstepping/kiting to give a lot of defense, based on current mana.

Culnivar’s Claim: Allows you to use your mana pool and ways to regenerate mana quickly as a defensive layer in a very creative ways, there are some incredible crazy synergies possible with this Item that I don’t even want to call out here, because this might take away a lot of it’s flavour if people want to discover this on their own.

Omnividence: The highest mana cost reduction source in the entire game, it does enable certains builds

Reign Of Winter: Enables a Rogue Spell scaling build.

Troaka’s Teeth: Gives Puncture base freeze rate and allows a freezing bow attack build

Life’s Journey: Allows you to trigger Spirit Plague on melee hit, which on the surface does not sound that crazy, but it allows some crazy builds that are simply not possible withotu out, but I will not go into detail here.

Moenia Mentis: Allows Mana based Block defensive building

Horns of Uhkeiros: !!!Mana on Block!!! with some medicore down sides, but if you are clever and can work around this, this enables some pretty cool builds, but I want you to spark some imagination yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Ucenui’s Sphere: Simultaneously Intelligence and Attunement stacking

Anchor of Oblivion: Overall can be used for a non build defining ways just as a stat stick, BUT, if you are clever you can actually use the 4 second proc offensively on demand, but I will not tell you how, again I want to spark some imaginations!

Gambler’s Fallacy: Even when excluding the broken edge cases, this unique has some pretty cool applications, that would not be possible without it.

There are also at least the same amount of uniques that are not “build enabling”, but that elevate certain builds and playstyles into god tier.

There are tons more like conversion uniques, very popular things like Bhuldar’s Wrath and I have not even included any of the new Patch 0.8.3 Uniques, and basically like 70% of them are build enabling.

Sorry for the rant for everybody that made it to the end, but I am sick and tired about people complaining about how bad LE’s uniqeus are, when they don’t even see, there are interesting uniques right in front of their eyes.

I don’t say every single uniques is astonishing or amazing. I am just saying, that there is way more than the majority of people give LE credit for.

9 Likes

I would wager you haven’t bothered looking back into the reasons.

#1. Exalted exists because people wanted chase random drops so that a crafted 4x T5 item wasn’t so often BiS.

#2. There is a published list of goals the devs intend to complete before launch. Legendary items are among the things still to do. Nobody knows what they are yet. There is also the constant addition of new unique and set items.

#3. PoE crafting is bloated garbage. It turns many people away. The idea of using currency as the crafting medium was brilliant, but it also prices many people out of crafting.

#4. There are always discussions on the current crafting system of LE. Maybe join one of those threads and contribute in a more constructive way.

For reference, I started playing PoE January 26th 2013. I still play it once in a while to see what’s new. I have utterly lost interest in that game. I look forward to PoE 2.

2 Likes

Please keep replies on topic and respectful. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

7 Likes

Alright I might have exaggerated a bit but what I meant was…

For some builds there are no build enabling uniques (like mine there are only 2 uniques that really helps my build, the +2 Shuriken gloves and Bleeding Heart.)

The only reason Bleeding Heart helps, is that its the only way in the game to leech from damage over time

So if they had just made it a mod on rares I wouldn’t need this unique

My suggestion was that there should be “more”

But mainly I didn’t really talk about uniques

Also your descriptions on many of the uniques are kind of untrue

For example -

Uh no… its a 2h weapon that only gives reduced mana cost for void skills

It can only be used by builds that have open weapon slots and ontop of that… is for void skills ONLY…

So your description makes it sound like oh yea anyone can use it…

Which is entirely misrepresenting the item

If you go over all the unique items you’ll notice the same trend

They work for very specific skills/builds

They aren’t useable by most builds

1 Like

I mean I know why Exalted items exist

I just think even if its a 1% chance… if you have a 4 mod t5 item that’s it

If you’re not dropping exalted items with your specific mod then you cant progress after you have 4 t5 mods

Therefore, it would be better if they at least presented people with the CHANCE to upgrade a t5 into a t6

That’s obviously my opinion and my suggestion which is why I posted it here

As far as Legendary items go, that’s cool. I had ideas on more interesting drops. My #2 suggestion was a random one I came up with while thinking about how this game could change itemization without relying on copying other games

My #2 suggestion is also completely unique, I’ve never heard of another game that had a system like that afaik

#3 well my point is the mods on items arent very interesting and I think they should add more

Like… okay lets say the example that someone else posted here right

Shuriken + lightning dmg

Okay but what if you wanted to do void, necrotic, etc?

There is no mods you can target to make those builds work

There are very limited mods on items atm. Your response about POE bloat doesn’t really relate to what I said. I’m talking about cool mods, not the crafting system.

For reference in response to yours I have been playing POE since 2014 and I have over 10,000 hours in the game

I am losing interest in it as well but not because of the fact its “POE” but rather that the Devs are ruining the game IMO

So already many people have moved from POE to LE because they were angy with the direction that GGG took

I’m not quitting POE but I can say I’ve played every other ARPG out there

I would put my tier list like this

POE > D3 > LE > GD > TL > D2 > Wolcen

I think LE has alot of potential and I did write a good steam review as well as recommend it to my group

I dont want LE to be POE

But its ridiculous to not admit there are very good design decisions in POE and I’d love to see good design choices in LE as well

Currently my biggest gripe is the items as you can tell

I dont mind the passive tree or skill tree

But the items need way more flavor and spark imo

Although I doubt my opinions or suggestions would ever get used, I just threw my suggestions out there

3 Likes

? Where did I make any kind of notion that I was expecting an early access to be on par with POE ?

I literally said this

1 Like

I play PoE too when new league is out and I can say that I also don’t have much to chase after 60-80 hours of gameplay in PoE on one build. It is complete, I got everything I want. The rest would give me just 1-2% dmg. That is the case with all aRPGs. You either do the content like Sirius, Maiven etc (which LE currently is badly lacking) or grind for that 1-2% upgrade items.

I agree with most of what you have mentioned that itemisation in LE still need works. More uniques are welcome, distribution of suffix, prefix can be more balanced and more interesting affixes would be great

Personally, I would also like to see something different from PoE like going for Diablo Socketization.

That being said, there are 3 things that I disagree with

1. Build-defining unique can mean either a build is strengthened or a build is enabled. The latter implies that the build is not viable and only good when the unique is equipped. The former means the build can be strong/weak/balanced and unique just add more power to that. I can see that LE is aiming more on the former and I personally prefer that since it gives more build diversity especially with more limited builds in LE. Comparatively in PoE, GGG have to nerf many builds so much and gatekeep the builds with (very) rare uniques.

2. Deterministic crafting of endgame gear has never been a thing in GGG. Harvest is an accident according to them so I son’t know why you make the comparison here. I agree atm that getting BiS exalted with relevant item base is pretty tedious atm. However, 1 of the endgame mode seem to touch on this so I am adopting a wait and see approach.

3. I don’t want item mod to be too random like glove having a +level skill. First it dilutes the pool tremendously and it will get harder to drop items with affixes that you want ie drops become PoE mess of worthless junk drops. Second, it will be a nightmare to balance. There should be other ways to make item mod more interesting.

1 Like

Not every skill needs to have a unique that enables specific playstyle.

There are many people, that despise playstyle that are only achievable by certain items.

They constantly add new uniques, hell they just added 30+ uniques with the recent patch, the majority of them enables completely new playstyles.

I don’t think we need to give feedback about that we want more uniques, because it’s something that they work on literally every patch.

But if you would like to see a very particular playstyle with your favorite skill, do suggestions about possible uniques or skill nodes they could implement.

I don’t know what you are reading into my description, but I said it enables certain builds, which was me saying builds utiliting the mana cost reduction in a way that enables this.

Obviously this would only apply to builds using a void skill.

I don’t know what to say. You want “build enabling uniques”, I gave you a List and now you say: “They only work for a specific build”… That is kinda the point of that list.

Also the majority of those uniques does not dictate using any particular skill.

There are about 200 more uniques I have not listed. A lot of them are very generic and work for a variety of builds, but those are also not “build enabling”.

There are also some very rare and powerful uniques like Bastion of Honour, Omnis or Orian’s Eye, which work on basically any build that does not need any other specific unique of the same slot.

1 Like

I do agree with you on that. I think exalted items should be exception when you use Rune of Removal so that you can’t remove exalted mod. It should be like a fractured mod in PoE. If that seems to be too op then make exalted items more rare. I’d rather agree to that than removing a precious t6/t7 affix on a right base with a single craft.

1 Like

yeah! And there ARE quite a few chase items like the Bastion of Honour shield!

Right so there are some good uniques

I’ll say that there are plenty of interesting ones, but most of them are not interesting at all

Did you know you can drop multi exalted items?

How do you take a double exalted and use rune of removal on it?

Its quite ridiculous imo how we look for upgrades and are limited to these steps on rares

#1 - Wait for exalted item to drop with mod you want
#2 - Check item base, if its wrong item base usually you cant use it but some people will still use it
#3 - Use Rune of Removal
#4 - Did it brick? Repeat 1-4 If not move to #5
#5 - Try to add mods to it without fracture
#6 - Try to increase the implicit if the implicit is low
#7 - Fracture before getting all other mods up to t5? Repeat #1-6
#8 - You finally got a usable item yay 3 t5 mods and 1 exalted mod

What did you get from all this? like… 5-10% buff

Though some of your feedback points might be viable or at least discussable you should keep in mind the beta state of LE. Give the devs some slack. You remember release days of PoE where you only had Dominius / Piety runs and only 3 acts? You like farmed Dominius non-stop for hours in the hope of Mjolnir drop :smiley: lol .

Again I repeat myself that is the case with all aRPGs games. After 60-100 hours on one build you have nothing major to improve gear- or skillwise. There would always be the wall.

I didn’t play as much during those times

I played alot more after Ambush league

True

I just kinda wish there was more… idk

Like I wanna be able to invest more then slight dmg/def

Maybe like investing in clear speed, movement speed, aoe, mana cost, cdr those types of things

There will be more I see a high potential in LE. Have you checked out their Roadmap

Also this (from the LE discord channel) - https://i.imgur.com/GBjQy6m.png
I don’t know what they mean by 'redistribution of feelings ’ though :smiley:

1 Like

Uhm there is a whole raraity that comes in the future so exalted isn’t the endgame ^^.

poe . a craft game.
no drop surprise.

I really dont care bro

Like your entire post to me

Cycles/Leagues in ARPG were made for random players IMHO. Standard is where no randoms play :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like