300+ Echo Streak Super Tank Speed Running Shaman Avalanche Build 0.8.1c

Honnestly, this would have been my favourite build if it wasn’t for the constant interruptions because warcry and avalance are not instant casts. We’re supposed to be moving all the time, aren’t we.

Imo, design flaw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Boardman21, love your builds. They have been keeping me playing this game until multiplayer hits.

My question is about the loot filter, I took a break recently and when I came back I’m seeing a lot more items than usual. E.g. White/Blue items that have no affixes we use in this build, I’m curious if the loot filter broke because of recent patches or if maybe something is wrong on my end. Currently it has 5 rules set and was wondering if you know why this might be?

1 Like

Welcome to the community.
Its one of my older templates for sure. Off the top it should be the same but not as strict as the newer template so if you were playing a newer build then did am older one it will be differemt

1 Like

Another great build, just shy of 80, it’s tanky and effective, really great per usual :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a loot filter that might work for some people

With the update to only being able to use 2 of the 4 slot Idols, what idols do you recommend using for this build?

1 Like

I believe there are 1x3 that give spell damage. After those just use 1x2 1x2 to get health amd defense stats

Hey there i play the maelstorm version of this, does have the maelstorm version also this potential of dmg or its far lower than this?

The update i have coming to this build also uses maelstorm, now that mana regen can be higher. It can indeed do damage :slight_smile:

I started to get 24mana regen and going on cd mechanik.

1 Like

Nice!

Are you replacing Avalanche with Maelstrom? Hoping to get a sneak preview of the update since I’m leveling this build now :slight_smile:

For the Idols, u want to use 2 wich gives u thorn totem on hit as i tested 1 with 10% feel not good enough for boss, rest ist ur choice i filled up with maelstorm on sec, rest i filled with damage leech hit with some res i need etc.

I’d replace tornado. It really feels like the only thing we get from it is 10% move speed from aspect of the storm. With warcry and totems up my Avalance is hitting 51k+ dps, whereas tornado is like 1k dps lol. Plus Maelstrom deals cold damage, whereas Tornado deals physical. I would guess Maelstrom replaces Tornado, taking windswept, gathering storm, and sudden gale nodes.

Edit: So I tried this, the mana is pretty tough, I think it’s doable with good gear and I moved a few points around to increase mana regen. The Haste replaces aspect of the storm for the most part, you end up faster, with less cast speed and more dps.

Welcome to the community!

I am Running Avalanche, ice thorns, maelstrom, tornado, summon thorn totems.

Welcome to the community!

You can indeed swap tornado for warcry, i however didnt as i wanted the least amount of “stutter steps” possible to keep speed running.

Thanks for the response, what’s your Mana Regen at? I’m sitting at 26 with totems out and it still doesn’t feel like enough. Looking forward to your updated video, I’ve really been enjoying this build so far!

I am only at 24 for my build video and its enough to run without running negative.

Ok cool, there are probably some passive choices I’m missing, still relatively new to the game, this is my second character on monos.

OK I built this char on 0.8.2.
I’m at level 87 now doing empowered echoes. The biggest nerf to this build is the idol space layout change. This means approximately -200% cold damage.
Using auto cast for Tornado+Ice thorns+avalanche. On empowered echoes using warcry very often, because this char is struggling there. On normal echoes its okay runs fast warcry needs only for bosses/end of map.
I think this is the fastest movement speed build in last epoch, but unfortunately the endgame movement speed is far worse than I can withstand. So I’ll say goodby to last epoch. Leveling is OK with this movement speed but the endgame is simply too slow. I used to POE and +100% movement speed on maps. This just feels slowmo.
Also the the tons of effects (tornado, avalanche, thorns) kills the GPU, lots of spikes in FPS on a 1660S+3600ryzen. POE performs better on this field. (its funny because POE GPU performance these days is a big *** :slight_smile: )
So goodby to LE, lets looks back after the next big patch, maybe they can improve graphics performance and add more movement speed+damage to chars.

Too much movement speed in this game would make boss fights too easy, just like for grim dawn (although grim dawn you can use the grim internals mod to speed up the whole game, I often run it at 180% speed).
Anyway I am not here to derail the topic on other matters. amazing build Boardman! I droped ice thorns and try to find ways to add many stacks of maelstrom instead for higher dmg to compensate the loss of cold% from idols layout change. The maan regen buffs helps with that. I can autocast warcry without any issue (although I ll probably manual it most of the time to time the invuln) and will work on getting the 4 maelstrom stacks from it, along with the stack on kill from the maelstrom tree every 2s and the ones on being hit from shaman tree, should probably manage to reach close to 10 stacks average -maybe with some self cast added- which should do way more damage than ice thorns I think?).

1 Like