300+ Echo Streak Super Tank Speed Running Shaman Avalanche Build 0.8.1c

Yes, it has a 10% chance to drop from empowered Argentus.

Halvars set don’t make this any better right?

Halvars set is usable with the exact same setup, maybe a little gearing changes but i believe the damage output might be slightly higher but if i recall getting to 100% crit is harder

Definetly a nice build, thanks once again Boardman! Leveling this build on HC feels pretty goood so far, Just gotta get used to stoping every 8 sec to cast Avy but other than that, this build feels great to play with and is quite tanky so far!! Keep feeding us with nice build man its always cool to test them out and try min-maxing these builds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for your wonderful guides! I am playing my very first character and am trying this build out. I think I understand almost all of it except for one item that I am still searching for.

How do you over level the Avalanche skill to level 22? The +2 looks like it must come from a piece of gear or the tree but I have failed to find it so far. I originally thought it may have been from the Wings of Argentus but Avalanche is not considered a melee skill from what I can tell.

The relic has +2 for avalanche.

Welcome the community!

1 Like

thank you! I don’t know how I missed that.

Had a good time leveling this, about to finish the campaign and go into monoliths. I’m a new player and the only thing I can’t see to figure out is after having set Avalanche, Tornado, and Icy Thorns to autocast, and holding down LMB, my character will randomly fake cast a second avalanche and takes the mana. This messes up mana because even with proper regen (~14) it’s like it’s double/triple casting and drains my mana in a couple seconds.

I tried looking at potential bugs but found that similar reported problems with LMB stops/stutters/fake casts should have been fixed a few patches ago. Is there another setting/keybind I should be aware of to more smoothly autocast and just LMB through maps?

Thanks.

Im not sure on this one, ive never experience this problem. I just click LMB for movement though.

After I fill out the base class points when leveling, should I focus on the Beastmaster points or the Shaman points first?

id go beastmaster and get at least 7 points in for 2 points in boar, then go shaman. come back to beast after you got all your resist from totems in shaman.

1 Like

thank you! that was very helpful.

1 Like

What is the fastest way to farm the idols? It seems like they are a huge boost for this build.

Kill lots of stuff, ideally with the relevant idol blessing.

Ah, okay thanks!

As llama said kill lots of stuff, I just wanted to add

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Thank you! Also, great guides! Really enjoying them and the effort you put into these.

I feel like I may not be using the skills correctly while leveling this first character.

I am level 21. I am only using 2 skills.

I have leveled up Ice Thorns to the point where it self casts. The other skill I use is Thorn Totem. I can summon 5 at a time but then my mana pool turns pink and then slowly drains to 0 before I can do anything else (and because of that Ice Thorns stops casting until my mana finally recovers).

It feels like I am taking much longer to kill things than I should be .

I do have a 3rd skill specialization slot open but I am unsure what to use in that spot since any time I cast the Totems, my mana pool becomes useless when it is pink in color.

Thorn totems is not meant to be cast manually, should be the 5th skill you spec into and you want idols that have %chance to proc thorn totem when you get a hit with anything else. I would unspec thorn totem and use Summon Saber or storm totem to level with until youget avalanche

1 Like

ahh. Thank you. Having no idea how to level in this game appears to be hurting me. I don’t have the understanding of what skills to use when leveling and what to use in end game. I will spec out of thorn totems and level one of the other skills you recommended.

1 Like