30% more GPU load while in Skilltree?!

So when im idling in the city im at ~50% GPU load. When opening the skills ui GPU load will increase around 10%. When selecting a skill it adds another 10-15%. It makes no sense to me but im not a technican. I just noticed my fans going faster after messing with skills a bit.

Imgur Album to two Screenshots while in the council chambers

le_graphicsmanager.ini (525 Bytes)

DxDiag.txt (127.6 KB)

Hey, Welcome to the forum…

Thanks for the info… LE does have quite a few performance issues and in some setups can even max out a GPU to 100% for no apparent reason… I bet if you removed your frame rate limits your GPU would max out pretty quickly… especially at your resolution…

Until the devs have actively addressed the performance issues, I recommend that you not push it and go conservative on the settings to find an acceptable stable framerate… Honestly, the game looks fine with all settings on very low or off so, imho, there isnt really a need to overwork anything right now unless you are testing…

As you are already frame limiting, if the GPU load is bothering you still, you can try disabling some of the more intensive options (either in game or via the drivers) to see which helps the most.

Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile:
Yes im at a point where it´s not going to be much better. My first Char was a mass minion Nercromancer a few months ago and performance was a big issue.
But especially this case wondered me enough to make a forum post about it and provide system information.

Exactly why I refuse to try a minion build right now…(even though its much better than last years game versions) :wink: although I am an masochist when it comes to a vk knight with devouring orbs proccing all over the place…

Not sure the devs will reply but from what I have seen they do read the posts so any info we can give them can only help them sort it out the better…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.