14fps at 2560x1440 resolution

Hello. I just installed this game and it chose this resolution for me when I asked for display mode: maximized window. Character select, the intro, and walking around The Forest Trail on my new mage all show ~14fps. Doesn’t matter if I pick very low settings or ultra. My GPU usage is sitting at 100% during all this.

Switching to 1920 x 1080 the fps is much more stable. ~180-200 (or whatever it is in reality, that seems too high) at high settings. 60fps at very high.

I was wondering if this is expected on my system? I built it just a few months ago. My specs:

• Processor: Intel i5-10600k
  • Memory: 32GB
  • Storage: 1TB SSD
  • Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB

I know this game is not optimized and I’m not expecting astounding performance. I just want to know what I should expect. Until I realized to try 1080p, my framerate was so bad at any settings level that I would have found this game completely unplayable.

Thanks in advance.

le_graphicsmanager.ini (474 Bytes)
Player.log (20.2 KB)
Player-prev.log (18.7 KB)

Hey. Welcome to the forums…

There are definitely performance optimistion issues with LE. Both CPU & GPU issues exist and manifest in very different ways on different systems - everything can cause it… from character skill effects, lots of mobs, lots of minions, some map areas are worse than others re FPS…

Honestly… 14fps at 2560x1440 seems damn good to me… :wink:

There are lots of different things you can mess with in the settings (and in the graphics driver settings themselves) to find out which has the most benefit for you - eg. some people find switching off AA entirely in the driver reduces GPU load, others find frame limiting works best…Just try each setting and see where you get… and dont forget about the driver settings to… Key thing is that if you max everything, then you are likely gonna get 100% usage - for effectively not much visible benefit - so save the GPU (and fan noise) and tone down things you dont really need.

Sure it will get better with each patch, and it has, but I find its best to not push your system till the software is optimised…

Thanks for the response and the welcome! Makes sense. Even at very low I was still capped at about 14fps-- I’m guessing very low = everything low or off. Game’s perfectly playable at 1080p so I’ll just stick to that.

My thoughts exactly… I can do without all the wizbang eye-candy in favour of actually playing the game… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.