100% Crit Shadow Cascade/Shadow Dagger 0.8.2G Build

Hi Boardman , do u have a textfile download for the lootfilter to this buil ?

Decoy is better than shurikens? If so, what is the advantage of decoy over shuriken?

Decoy taunts all mobs for 3s, can be spec’d to apply armour shred, throw multiple decoys at once and give a shadow when they explode.

Hello @boardman21 really appreciate the builds and guide can you make a 1-75/100 guide to build into this? Mainly coz I’m a new player and idk where to put the points and nodes into Thanks!

Out and Out my favourite build so far.

Feels interactive to play, Quick, Tanky thanks to the Dodge but not immortal so you still have to stay awake.

Leveling was super easy too, just buffed SC and spam it at everything.
SS & SC make quick work of any Bosses in the campaign.

Progressing through Mono feels so smooth so far and I’m running almost 10 levels below the Mono’s.

Still have to try a Sent & Aco build but think I’ll be busy with this one for a while.

Thanks for this build, it’s great fun, I hope more people try it.

My second character in LE and this build is AWESOME. SO satisfying, fairly flexible with gear, and honestly just a load of fun.

Thanks so much for this guide man.

Synchronized Strike has a known framerate bug. It stops creating shadows if FPS is too low (around 10 for me). You can still get enough shadows from Shift/SB to clear mobs. Lethal Mirage is great single target with our 100% crit (Gloom & Doom/Pact of the Desert are traps).

Other notes:

• Shadow Daggers isn’t worth it outside of Smoke Mine
  • (Shift) Lasting Presence/Dancing Shadows should be in the main builder
  • (Shift) Rebound/Emergency Flask is a nice “get out of jail free” combo
  • 100% GB chance is possible with dual swords and Apostasy (and all GB/dodge nodes)
  • Crit cap items: Mercenary Leather Body Armor, Ancient Coins Relic, Copper Rings, “inc. crit chance per equipped sword” Grand Majasan Rogue idol
1 Like

If you’re going dual swords (and getting glancing blow from weapons of choice) then also taking apostasy is a massive waste of dodge!

I’m also curious if it’s possible to replicate that bug.

Not really. I had about 20% dodge in the base build and 50% for 1 second with Shift. GB was around 30% to start with, then 40% swords, and about another 30% with Apostasy. 100% GB is possible with just the dodge nodes on character trees (none crafted on gear).

It’s easy to replicate the bug; just play on any laptop with integrated graphics and an HDD.

so is shadow daggers effect just not worth it anymore?

No, it’s still a big more modifier, you still want as much as you can get, it’s just not exponential like before.

Currently lvl 82 but getting one shot on Emperor of Bones in the lvl 85 quest/monolith Dragon one (can’t remember name of it) very frustrating. I seem to get one shot by the echo boss too - one at the end of the branches with the pyramid that launches all kinds of stuff at you.

Typically after posting this I did both and am now moving on to the next tier of Echoes!

just gotta say, this build is AWESOME and I don’t miss shadow dagger effect AT ALL, going to 100 with this bad boy :slight_smile: 695% crit multi is a helluva drug.

Killed all bosses never died once, this build is SOLID and engaging!

2 Likes

in your lootfilter it says:
“WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non SENTINEL Class Items ARE HIDDEN”
i’m assuming that’s a copy-paste error from another guide? :smiley:

Yeah just forget to change the word from the template. Ill fix it as soon as im home

Hello Boardman21. First off thank you for this build, so much fun and the first build I chose to try after getting this game. On that note you kind of ruined other classes and builds for me haha feels like I chose to follow the build I would end up enjoying the most - right off the bat, no working through other builds :smiley:

Anyways I have a bit of a weird problem and also a question to ask. I managed to acquire an exalted helmet that rolled +3 synchronised strikes. I know we prefer the mana efficiency + damage per shadow as our two prefixes on helm but this seemed hard to pass up. The problem is when I put it on and assigned the 3 extra points into the synchronised strikes tree (I thought I would try the shadow rush node to get some heal on shadow creation. But then thought I could just take the helmet off and those exact 3 points would be removed so I can try the points elsewhere to see if I prefer other nodes. But it ended up keeping those points in shadow rush and removing 3 other critical points that are part of your build guide! So any +skill helmets seem to remove random points instead of the exact bonus points you assigned when you take the helmet off??

Now if I try respec points it will delevel the skill … I find this a bit ridiculous because now I am locked into using this helmet as well as the 3 points I assigned. Is this a known issue and do you have any suggestions?

Onto my other question - say I had these 3 bonus points to spend - I am not sure what would be best. This whole setup with SS is a bit confusing because I feel if I put points into +damage nodes like ‘Shadow Fang’ it won’t make a different right? Because we are simply using SS to create shadows which then cast Shadow Cascade? So buffing anything in the SS is pointless right? Just not sure where to put the 3 points…

EDIT : I found the answer to my issue about the bonus skill points being removed randomly - +x Skill mods - seems intended to counter possible exploitation / skill changing on the fly. Anyways, thanks again for the awesome build. Would you use this helmet or rather stick to a helm with the two ideal prefixes mentioned previously? Better if this was +3 to Shadow Cascade rather right?

Random removal of points is exactly how its designed so that you cannot as your trying to do pick exact points to remove. As in your case its not a big deal but with some skills it would mean on the fly changing 1-2 points that can completely changes a skill while in battle. They want to stay away from that kind of gameplay.

This is correct, 1 reason why extra + level points is just not better than getting SS mana effeciency.

Hello,

If I understand right, the majority of damage will come from shadow daggers ? Since those daggers are automatic crit, why should we try to max critical chance in priority ? Shouldn’t be crit damage multiplier the main stat to look for, as it seems to be the case in the video ?

Thanks for any explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.