1.5 million damage Super Spirit Lich 7.10

Great build Boardman! I started this today and have reached ~lvl 60 monoliths. Question for you: since we are draining so much life continuously, would it make sense to run this as a lowlife/ward setup with Exsang + Last Steps of the Living?

Also, question: for Wandering Spirits, why did you not take the Infectious Dead upgrade, since this is a poison build?

Thanks!

Does infectious dead convert wandering spirits to poison damage? I kept them as necrotic base so soulfire sill work and they get the 200% ignite

I have found that stacking leech gives higher survivability for this build than los life setup

Spirit Plague, Infernal Shade & Drain Life all have the spell tag but they donā€™t hit.

Correct just saying for the leech its a spell hit :slight_smile:

Oh nice I play a similar build so you might be able to answer this question @boardman21 ā€¦ LE has a lot of snapshot potential and you can cast Wandering Spirits while channelingā€¦ is it viable to stack ā€œmore dmg while channelingā€ to improve the Wandering Spirits even more? IIRC the rolls of ā€œwhile channelingā€ affixes was pretty nuts.

you defintely can. But the 100-200% damage even on super good rolls on multiple items is miniscle compared to the 4000% damage you already get from death seal + spirit plague but defintely can min max doing that :slight_smile:

Itā€™s just a thought I toyed arround with but sadly Acolytes canā€™t get while channeling idols as a cherry on top so it might be useless anyway. Non the less I love Drain Life I could cast it 24/7 because it just sounds so niceā€¦ at least for my ears ^^.

WARNING

This build breaks all your other chars.

I just leveled this casually running a lvl 80 mono with lvl 71 ā€¦

Now i wanted to play my pally: feels slow and boring
Wanted to play my mage: so sloooow
Whatever else i want to play: ā€œdoes this char even kill anything? that boss i alive for more than 5 seconds!ā€

This is the most broken thing i tried so far.
I have bad idols. (half damage / half life) most of my gear is very basic (lacking of ā€œof parasiteā€ shards) and it is still fantastic.
The moment you get your first ā€œof parasiteā€ items changes the whole thing making you feel like a god.

And so much potential left!
All my other like 20+ skill points will be pure % damage that get double and tripple stacked by the build. Its madā€¦

The only thing i dont like is the ā€œself killingā€ you do all the time even out of reaper.

You dont take anything to counter the massive drain?
Unclosing wounds is 12% alone
Staff is 3-6%
i didnt even start to skill mind over body yet - another 10%
Thats a total of ~30% per seconds

Crimson Gluttory in Aco only is 25% less so that would get rid of around 7% for 5 points meh.
Any other way?

You can counter act it be getting alot of health regen, but it only does you good outside of reaper. You can also take a node in death seal the negates drain life effects so about 50% of the time you wont lose health. Other than those, lose some damage take les of the losing current health nodes.

Con: Cant really drink a beer while playing. Kills you while drinking :stuck_out_tongue:

Thx for the anwer. Guess i will simply run fast

Edit:
the int rolls on gear dont really do much?
4% inc in a calculation thats includes like 6000% allready? (Spell, nec/pois, over time each 2000%)

Unless Iā€™m misunderstanding why youā€™re using Soulfire, Iā€™m not sure Soulfire is helping as much as you think it does. I played around with it on the dummy some with a naked 50 necro with just a Soulfire equipped. The Soulfire is 15% base ignite, +192% ignite with fire or necrotic skills. Just popping Wandering Spirits and watching them hit, they typically get around 5-10 hits before the training dummy ignites, and sometimes losing ignite while theyā€™re still shooting darts at it. If I equip my 60% ignite ring (total of 75% with Soulfire) the Wandering Spirits regularly set the training dummy on fire on the first or second poison dart and have no trouble keeping it ignited for their entire duration. If Soulfire was triggering off of Wandering Spirits, I would expect the first dart to ignite it every time with just the Soulfire equipped (2 stacks with every hit).

As a side note, I did have a point in the Wandering Spirits node that converts necrotic damage to poison until I got my Soulfire, then respecced the point out of itā€¦ If you can confirm itā€™s working for you, maybe thereā€™s some weird interaction with removing the pointā€¦

You cant convert to poison got to leave it as necrotic

Yup, thatā€™s why I respecced the point out of it when my Soulfire dropped. Did all my testing after getting rid of the point that converted necrotic to poison and still wasnā€™t getting reliable ignites with just the Soulfire.

Really loving the build so far though, thanks for sharing!

Hmm. I will test it again. But i was only wearing soulfire when i tested it and i was having a constant ignite on training dummy. Perhaps i overlooked some ignite i had somewhere else, but i dont recall any. Ill test again when im not at work.

Or maybe Wandering Spirits canā€™t hit because they have the DoT tag. If I take a nekkid Acolyte with an unspeccā€™d Wandering Souls and only equip a Soulfire, they wonā€™t ignite on the training dummy.

Wandering spirits dont hit. wandering spirits spectral putlrescence (there spell poison dart) does hit. THis applies all the poison chance of plague bear staff and poison chance inside death seal at low health. THis is why they do crazy numbers. That poison dart hit also applies the ignite from soulfire (at least when i tested it this was my conclussion but i am now i need to double test to make double sure)

Yes, the darts do hit.

Hey, leveling the build atm and Iā€™m new to Death Seal and how it works.
I saw in the video that you activate Death Seal in Reaper Form and immediately go back to full hp, and you say that Death Seal makes it so you count as ā€œlow lifeā€ to get the damage benefits from reaper form, could you explain how that works? Leveling atm and Death Seal will not allow me to go above the health I had when I activated it.

When I activate it in the video it immediately puts me at 33% Health and caps it there (if your life is full when you activate it) if your life is already low then it just caps it at whatever its at. This build has MASSIVE amounts of leech so the moment that death seal is broken(ends) my life is basically completely restored instantly from the leech. BUT yes the moment you activate death seal it caps your health where ever it is and reduces it down to 33% if its higher than that.