0.9.1 is here, but whats that worth if it is unplayable?

So we have a new patch. I’m only here with this game since 0.9 and one of the frustrating things about this game on a technical side always was that transitioning between zones was clunky. The game often got a little stuck for a couple of seconds and didn’t provide good feedback if I’am about to transition already or did not hit the spot jet.

But with 0.9.1 this issue is minor compared to the new state. those small delays are now 10-15 sec if you are lucky. But half of the time the game just kicks me out into lobby.

This is simply an unplayable state. And it ruins the experience for me.

There are a lot of complains about this game that i feel a valid, but i can also see why the dev"s might want to go a different way or at least set different priority’s.
But on this i can’t find an excuse.

If your servers are under load, make sure to the game is still playable and rather shut down me seeing other players or chat or whatever. But with chars not being able to switch between online and offline, and offline to the most part running out of support, this state is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s some serious bugs with 0.9.1. I’m confident there will be a bug-fix patch for the issues this content patch has created. I’m also confident that it will be expedient. I hope I’m not wrong.

What do you mean here?
And what do you mean when you say offline running out of support?

Rather than just the connection time out and back to character screen, I am now getting an additional error message at the top of the screen, when trying to connect, saying “Error LE-61 - failed to matchmake”. Not sure if this is progress, though

Well at least the MTX store works without an issues. Surprising that, NOT

1 Like

I guess you’re one of the lucky ones. I can’t even get in the game.

Just play offline
LUL

I don’t know if you’ve tried playing in a party but transitioning between zones always takes absolute ages. You can never tell if you triggered the teleport or not when clicking on it, whether you’ve entered the doors or not (e.g. in Temporal Sanctum) and then after a long pause of nothing happening it starts loading and keeps doing that for a good 15-20 seconds.

I only started playing at 0.9 with a friend of mine and changing zones has always been bad. Haven’t tried 0.9.1 yet but it would be funny if solo online play is now as bad as multiplayer.

Update:
Just launched the game and couldn’t even get past the character selection screen. Just says “CONNECTING” whenever I pick a char.

1 Like

You are actually lucky, Enter game button doesn’t work at all for me

Zoning is not working atm. Can’t log in with chars either, but atleast you can make a lot of new chars and enjoy they beautiful new chapter 1 (until you need to zone into a city :P)

Zoning into a city works, it just takes a too long to notice it. (Yeah, I’ve only reached the first town/hub so far, but I did finally get in there.) I thought it was “broken” and not letting me in, so started to open a bug report, then I was suddenly loaded in.

I guess what bothers me is that for 0.9 multiplayer we had an extensive CT. I’m not sure why all of the people that were accepted into CT weren’t leveraged for testing for 0.9.1. We all signed an NDR and could have helped test the content prior to public release and squashed a lot more bugs this way.

Launch from Steam as i always have “Last Epoch now requires Steam/ Update Now” …i am LAUNCHING WITH STEAM

Least the patch name matches the state of the game. Hope they can extinguish these flames soon.

2 Likes

Sorry guys, but it’s really disappointing.

1 Like

it’s stuff like this that has me soo concerned they can release a properly running game for 1.0

I feel the same way about GGG & PoE sometimes.

6 Likes

I was able to get in a couple hours ago at first launch.
Now on US West Servers I get “Connecting” at character selection and wait and then…
Nothing. Back to character select.

???

to add insult to injury, the game is playable on offline mode (which the devs basically abandoned) but guess what?

I GET CHAT MESSAGES IN OFFLINE MODE!

I get why reworking chapters is a priority over endgame content. But i don’t get how proper implementation of offline/online modes and reliability of the basic game accessibility is handled this poorly.

2 Likes

Now I am not able to load past the connecting splash screen. I keep reconnecting for the last hour+. Restart and nothing else works. From working perfectly to not even play any of my online characters is a real pain. Creating a new character works fine. Why would I want to create new characters on this patch if my current characters are not playable? Please, fix this what ever it was that’s broken now