[0.8.2] Wast3d's Lightning Blast - Showcase & Beginner's Guide

This most definitely is a bug.

I did some testing way back, when they reimplemented this item.
I did dozens of tests with different affixes and it never ever mattered.

Should create a bug report for that. Maybe with player logs attached.

first i ask the devs on discord, maybe they made some sneaky changes to this…

@wast3d tyvm for build and especially leveling guide!
best for start Last Epoch

a lot of lags on my hardware ((
but i hope the developers will fix it

@Heavy @STANDIN_LG
mike thinks it can be bug. i made a bug report. i’ll do some more testing, maybe restarting the game helps as a workaround for now.

1 Like

Thank you @Heavy @wast3d for looking into this.

I wasn’t able to create more FCs tonight since I have limited resources ingame. Tried 6 more and all failed unfortunately(tried with common, rare gc, “better affixes”)

Is there anything I can help with like report the same issue as well?

At the mean time, I will collect resources to be ready for retesting.

I don’t know if this provides valuable informations to the devs, but I guess doing crafting sessions trying to create FC’s and uploading your player.log is the only thing we can do.

Maybe @EHG_Mike has other suggestions, what we can do to help solve that bug.

if you can reproduce your lowest roll +3 you can add this information here with the player log and steps to reproduce.

you don’t need to test with rarer Affixes, that shouldn’t have an impact.
what you can try: collect magic and rare gilded crowns, remove the affixes with rune of removal or rune of cleansing so you start on an empty gilded crown with already some instability. i made two FC yesterday this way and they rolled randomly as expected.

1 Like

Thank you for putting together this guide. It’s the only truly comprehensive guide I’ve come across so far. There are many progression systems in this game & knowing how those interact with a build & should influence your loot filter is very challenging for a new player. It took me a minute to grok your filter, as most other guides with a restrictive filter do a lot of color changing to highlight the various forms of a “good” drop.
Now that I’ve played a dozen hours with yours, I’ve come to realize the simplicity in this setup is actually superior. Highlight things along a functional basis: when we are shattering them, otherwise hide things when they are bad. If something shows up, it is already a good item - it doesn’t need to be recolored at all.

A question on boots: I notice you have Heoborean boots in the filter, but solarum greaves excluded? Is the difference in frost vs fire resistances not shiftable to use the higher armor solarum greaves?

yes, at least from char level 73 when the filter gets stricter. before 73 it just hides the bases we won’t use so not every item that shows is good. i’m already thinking about making the lootfilter stricter from an earlier point, maybe level 50, what do you think?

the ‘Arcanist’ node in Mage passive tree didn’t grant cold res, so we can either use Heoborean Boots, or 1x1 Idols to help capping cold res. So the difference on the resist implicits is shiftable and if you like you can also tick the Solarum Greves inside the filter rule.
i’m currently running Heoborean and use 1x1 Idols for ‘increased Stun chance’, the latter seems to play nice togeter with shock. But i’m planning to try out the Shrine Boots to help with survivability when i get stunned.

Yeah, exactly - I was in love with the post level 72 filter. I think you could lower that threshold two ways:

1. I personally felt like swapping to the restrictive filter around level 60. At that point, I kind of knew what I was looking for and had to read a fair number of non-recolored, non-hidden items to then manually calculate if I was interested or not. 50/60, whatever it is I think you are right that restrictive earlier is a good move.
  2. I would be interested in making the “leveling” phase of the filter even more guided. My experience, as a 1st time Last Epocher but VERY veteran ARPG player, was that more items were being shown than I was interested in viewing. The light green category of shatterable items (with affix tier >= 4) was a big contributor, as I didn’t have the runes of shattering to support the sheer quantity of loot it was showing. This is a tough blend of allowing enough types of items in to learn the game (and make decisions for yourself) vs reducing the mental strain of having to read a lot of drops.

It would be nice if the mental interpretation of the colors was consistent from pre-72 to post-72. In post 72, an uncolored item is good and I think that’s a great way to do it. Having non-recolored, non-hidden items be worth your attention while leveing the same way they are worth your attention post 72 would be great. It’s possible that all we would need to get this is just trimming the quantity of light green + non-hidden items slightly.

1 Like

And as a rebuttal to my own point: I tried to reduce the scope of the light green (tier >= 4) filter, so I checked each affix versus how many of that shard I had. For every single one those shards were in shorter supply than my other shards. Not zero shards, but around 10-30. You definitely picked the right affixes, so it may just be the unfortunate reality of the game where you are gonna see more of this category than you can brainlessly pickup + shred.

1 Like

Thank you for this feedback, much appreciated!

The thought i had behind this was to keep the items in a stash tab until they are needed while crafting, so if you already have ~3-5 of each the rule can be deactivated (or the corresponding affixes in the rule). I will make this more clear in the lootfilter description.

I just tried to split the >=4 affixes into three seperate rules for offensive, defensive and ailment affixes, but the options for recoloring aren’t enough to keep the drops good readable and distinguishable, so stuff could be confused with each other, since most base colors are already allocated to something. I’m not shure if slightly different shades of green would help.

I’m a bit undecided on this, because from my pov the campaign doesn’t need that much guiding gear wise, but having the filter stricter during levelling would also be my personal preference. Less clutter. This would go hand in hand with this:

Did you hide the base items you have outleveled like suggested in the lottfilter description and its still too much loot clutter? I think i can turn these into show rules which have a ‘highest usable level condition’ which can do this automatically. Thought behind this was to engage new players with the filter system, but it’s mostly annoying to have to adjust it every few character levels for ten different item types.

I will try out certain stuff for the filter tomorrow/ on the weekend.

@Pegasus157 lootfilter is reworked, also some explanations throughout the guide improved.

Cool! I’ll try it this week. I was thinking on this a bit and I think less might be more - the current loot filter is really good. Radical changes might be bad, as it’s really quite good already.

no radical changes, just leveling ruleset got a tiny bit more restrictive. rest is unchanged.

Maybe just a tiny thing but:
The " The Invoker’s Static Touch" can’t be gambled from level 29 and above, just from level 40.
The reason is, “Sapphire Ring” is a level 40 Ring, so you won’t drop it before that and the Gambler won’t give you the possibility to get it.
Tried to use the “Gambling Simulator” and that proofed my “theory”.
So you can technically drop the item with level 29+, but you can’t gamble/get the base item before level 40.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

came back to game after some time, there used to be a build planner link here, am I blind or is it gone?

Hey, i switched to screenshots for skills/ passives at update 0.8.2 since build planner wasn’t updated at that time. For gear i always used Tunklab Gear Planner since i’ve been used to upload the character’s safe file to the Build Planner, with gear not always ideal. Maybe i will commit fully to Build Planner in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.