[0.8.1b] Zeus the Voidmage - Spellblade Concept

That’s how I’ve built mine (I can’t be arsed to farm the blessings), though with Endurance (for some reason). If/when I change my gear I’d probably change it to something like this:

Mostly replacing the endurance with life or dodge. Since most of the damage will be void, void pen on the amulet would be more useful, as well as armour shred (since it hits so much).

1 Like

Updateted OP with the new char planner.

any video of the gameplay ? would be cool

Thats very similar to the build I had except I tried Spellblade and a Sorceror and Sorc was simply better for what I wanted to do, although I triggered my damage from Mana strike the damage came from actual spells from Spark Charges and the Mana Strike Lightning, also didnt have access to dual wielding and used a Catalyst but that allowed very high crit chance - The Fire Aura on crit had no cooldown so you easily had over 20 stacks peaking on near 30 at times - this was also prior to that rework to the Spellblade tree

Definately a fun build to play, didnt require auto cast either

Yeah, I’m using the Forgotten Knight swords for lots of void spell damage which is then buffed via the Dark Shroud of Cinders with 10-20 Fire Auras. Back when the fire aura on crit didn’t have a cooldown, you could get bonkers amounts of fire auras with Lightning Blast -

It would be able to get up to 250 stacks of fire aura.

Are the swords gambled from any 1h sword or is there a specific base?

Like every other gambleable item, you need to gamble the correct base (Deicide sword) at or above the minimum level (68). Unfortunately, they are pretty rare.

Aaaaah, I didn’t realise that Deicide was the name of the base. I’m dumb, ty.

Hi, thanks for the build!

I have some questions though, and would appreciate if you could help me understand:

1. Why do you choose to scale with void? Isn’t the skills used lightning? How does void help, why not fire or cold or anything else?
  2. Is it possible to just scale it with lightning?
  3. Is fire/crackling aura used solely because of the Dark Shroud of Cinders chest?

Thank you! :smiley:

Hi,

1. cause its the idea of the build. Why does a fireball mage use fireball? :wink:

You get tons of added flat void spelldamage from the two swords
You get tons of % void damage from the Chest
This interaction fuels the whole build.

You do a lot more void than lighning damage - the spells have some base light damage that we dont really scale and a lot of added void spelldamage via the 2 blades that we scale heavily.

1. Maybe but than you need total different items, need to get %spell somewhere (i dont know where spellblade doesnt have a lot of % stuff in his tree thats not meele - so most likley mage tree) and you have the problem that there is no sword for your offhand i can think of right now that has added flat spelldamage apart from the void blade.

2. The aura is mainly used for the % void scaling of the chest yep. Apart from that it does okay damage because of the lot of add flat void damage we add to it. Enough to kill each and any trash - but for bosses lightning blast is what does the (void!) damage.

And spark charges and lightning from Mana Strike.

Here’s my toon currently:

Obviously not min-maxed at all but it shreds through 100 monos without dying.

Question… Your idols… which increase Fire Aura damage… I understand from the chest that you get more void damage per fire aura but the build obviously has massive void damage not fire…

How would void damage / void related idols compare instead of the fire aura damage ones?
Or even the ones that have chance to cast fire aura when hit - meaning more void damage?

Ah… never mind… you cannot use the void idols - sentinel…

But the chance on more fire aura one?

It’s a generic damage buff for Fire Aura so the damage element is irrelevant. Personally I went with the Fire Aura AoE ones but any of the Fire Aura idols have benefits.

1 Like

I’ve tried and I think the end dmg is less with those idols.

1 Like

I have some questions here:
Is duel weilding forgotten knight swords neccessary? I am currently running the sword and sheild for survivablity and I am having no problems killing things.
what idols are considered best here?
I am running fire aura on crit + lightning damage (doubled above 300 mana) and I have about 350 mana though gear and passives so as mana strike crits regularly.
The fire aura on crit, do they add together there chances with a global cooldown or is it separate for each idol with separate cooldown, has anyone tested this?

The Forgotten Knight swords are the source of the flat void damage that the Dark Shroud of Cinders then scales with % void damage per fire aura.

The two different fire aura on XXX cooldowns are separate so you can proc them both at the same time.

I know 2 forgotten knight swords would double the void damage more or less, its just is it necessary verses the survivability you get with using a sheild?
on cooldowns you mean fire aura on crit and fire aura on fire skill kill, meaning my 4 adorned idols giving me fire aura on crit act as one and have one cooldown (shared as they all say crit)?