Zoning into Thetima causes game to hang

I have been playing my first character and while doing the main quest line, I zoned into Thetima for the first time.

Unfortunately, in doing so the game would hang and I would have to force kill it in Windows. This has happened a handful of times now. Luckily, I was able to get past it by trying enough times.

I captured the Player log in the Last Epoch directory and there are a few interesting messages.

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'PostCamModifier') is missing! 
(Filename:  Line: 334)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'GRAPHICS[]SETUP') is missing! 
(Filename:  Line: 334)

And subsequently I saw these messages repeated dozens of times

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak 
(Filename:  Line: 554)
Internal: deleting an allocation that is older than its permitted lifetime of 4 frames (age = 5) 
(Filename:  Line: 310)

They do prefer it if you can attach the entire log file rather than just a few lines. And probably the crash file as well.

Thanks, here is the entirety of the log file Player - Broken.log (26.0 KB)

There is no crash file as the app itself didn’t crash. It just hung, no longer responding, and I was forced to kill it.

I am having the same issue. Blocks progression. Has there been any update on this?

Not sure if it’s the same for the OP, but the one unusual system element on my end is that I run the game by way of Shadow PC (game streaming). Happy to dig up logs if it will help.

Tested again with another character, same effect. Tried disabling all audio devices in Device Manager, no joy. This completely blocks progression.

Edit: I’ve resolved this. Steps were disabling all audio devices in Device Manager, restarting, launching game, freezing on zoning in to Liath, them re-enabling all devices and I was able to zone in to both Liath and Thetima without further issues. Would recommend this process for other people blocked by this issue.

Did you try unplugging your headphones (which will force windows to switch audio device)?

I play on a cloud PC (Shadow), so there’s no way to physically unplug an audio device.

This is still happening 100% for me so far. I’ve tried disabling all sound devices, and still no go. Every time I enter Thetima from Liaths Road, it hard locks as soon as I load into the zone. Music still continues in the background, but rest of the application never responds.

Edit to confirm that this is 100% progression blocker for me. Tried going to do some other stuff (a few echos) as mentioned in a similar post, but never able to continue the storyline.

1 Like

Have you tried validating your steam files for Last Epoch?

Have you tried unplugging your sound device?

I had this same issue. Validating Steam files and unplugging sound devices/headphones did NOT work. However, the steps set out here DID work. Thanks, Loopguru!

Same issue, was able to get into the zone using the same suggestions provided above:

1. Unpluged/Disabled all audio Playback & Recording devices
  2. Enter Zone
  3. Plug/Enable all audio Playback & Recording devices

Exactly the same for me. Still locked.

Let’s try changing audio device.

EDIT : tried with my JBL Quantum 600 headphones and the game won’t crash.
The game crashed with Nvidia High Definition Audio directly to my loudspeakers.
Note : the level takes some time to load and appears with no sound like 2-3 seconds after screens appears.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.