Zeckar's Crit Pew Pew Multishot (Rogue/Marksman) Build 0.8

Here’s a Marksman build for anyone wanting to go pew pew with the bows. It’s fun, it does damage, and it’s fast. Thanks EHG for this amazing class! Let me know what y’all think or if you come up with any improvements!

2 Likes

!UPDATE! Here is the build in Arena 80 with more gear/idols. Still has a bit more room to grow. Missing 1 idol/gear affixes/crit multi. Zeckar's Pew Pew MS Lv. 81 Gameplay

How do you think this compares to Boardmans Marksman build, where he proc’s MS through Flurry? I’m really not sure how much of a difference there is between the two builds TBH, except Boardman’s is a channeled build and yours is a self cast build.

After some very brief testing, it appears to proc MS around 1.75 times per second. Self casting MS shoots it off at about 3.25 times per second. The mana sustain is much harder. Flurry hits for about 1/3 the amount of MS with my unoptimized gear.

IDK. Proc’ing MS through Fusillade on Flurry seems like more effort than its worth to me, but wanted to get some more experienced onions.

Not sure how it compares, as I haven’t played the build. I would assume self cast has higher dps output due to more attacks. Also mana sustain isn’t that bad as currently my MS cost 6 mana, so I just need to cast cinder every once in a while to keep mana full, even less so if I am kiting. It’s shown in my update clip sort of. It’s the benefit of having the unique bow for the build.

Yeah, in terms of both mana sustain and dps this looks better on paper and feels better to play. I feel like Fusillade would barely be worth it even if they made the node free. Maybe make the mana cost 5 instead of 15, and increase the firing time from once every 4 arrows to once every 3 arrows.

Why dont you use puncture to regain mana over cinder shot?
The only benefit of cinder shot would be coating of oil extra stacks to convert to extra mana - that you dont use?

Benefits of Puncture:

Easy flat 20% Attackspeed proc
Easy Armor Shred on hit
Easy Phys Pen on hit

Minor bonus - you can beef up your multi by quite a lot of bleed chance if you burn the spare extra points of puncture in the “bleed proc” - so you have 2 “global procs” (speed + bleed) after using puncture.

You miss on damage maybe compared to cinder but the benefits seem to be worth it?

Mostly comes down to what I’ve tested. The issues I found with puncture and other 0 cost like flurry is firstly targeting, both have a small hit box. Cinder I increase first shot area which usually does splash damage, helps with clearing and still does great damage in comparison to other 0 cost skills. Since I also take crit multi on cinder it maintains damage even with multishot not being used. Honestly, they each have their playstyle and it comes down to preference. I don’t see a reason to use one over the other, as they are all viable to use.

1 Like

Hit box issue is anoying in fact :frowning:

1 Like

I’m sure the hitbox issue will buff out eventually. No denying that it happens with annoying frequency. It seems the worst with flurry.

Don’t be so negative my man. If you’re so good, you better be rank1 on the arena ladder if you’re going to trash everyone else’s builds.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.