ZaeN's 2H Melee Phys dmg Forge Guard

Hello again,
I’ve finished getting my FG to 100 last week and I’ve farmed with it for a while.
It is the same char and the descendant build of my older FG build
It is aimed at dealing physical damage with the 2h sword Zweihander (introduced 1 patch ago), i wanted to explore phys and the new multistrike for this patch, this is something I do on my FG totally for fun and roleplay everytime there is a significant patch :slight_smile:

It doesn’t make me scream like the VK, I think it still needs a little more love from the devs to become truly a complete spec, I wasn’t sure if to open a build thread or a feedback thread, I think I will eventually do both :slight_smile:
See for yourselves in the vids

Dummy:

Monolith:

Poeplanner

My char: Forge Guard, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.3e) - Last Epoch Build Planner
Template: Forge Guard, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.3e) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Item Filter

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><ItemFilter xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2 - Pastebin.com

PRO CON

PRO
Decent sustained dps 100-150k
I dont know, it’s a melee char? x)

CON
Not top tier
Has no burst
Slowest mobility class in the game (probably)
Phys, 2H, FG needs some more love
Didn’t really improve compared to the FG system of 1yr ago

My conclusion:
(melee and 2h) FG has always been weird to me, like the almost un-workable weaker bro of the VK.
The FG melee versions especially seem to have bare minimum support (the tree passives feel bland compared to VK) and anyway the Throwing specs look more flexible and fun.
FG in these aspects need more support or something that give more identity and can make it shine.

About damage:
With FG I’ve got issues scaling damage, it feels like the main source of %inc dmg will come from speccing 15 into pally to get sigils that give some +320% inc dmg.
FG branch itself (class parrive tree & skills: manifest armor, forge strike, etc) doesn’t seem have strong %inc dmg buffs.
Plus I had to pack idols with %inc crit chance +life/resist (which are pretty good actually), the other idols didn’t seem viable.
For example: multistrike idol chance for additional sword feels underwhelmin, compare this to the beastly 2x2 28-76% inc void dmg when a skill echoes

About tank:
I think that FG overall got hit hard some time ago with the tank mechanics reworks that changed resists, armor and glancing blows. The current armor system is very weak imo and FG being the “armor sentinel” is weakened by result

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.