Your Messy Stash Space and Cycle 2

Okay, maybe MY messy stash space but how much of this stuff are you keeping for your non-cycle characters? I have a mind to just nuke everything I’m not wearing and any really good slams for builds I might want to play offline or whatever. I would love to keep maybe one page of stuff.

What are your plans? How much booty are you going to hoard for eternity?

I expect this answer will vary a lot according on whether you plan on playing cycles regularly or not.
If this was PoE, what I do is I just ignore standard completely. So my standard stash is loaded with a bunch of remove-only tabs which I never looked at.

However, in LE, cycle and legacy will stay the same for pretty much at least a year, so I see no point in joining cycles. This means I only play legacy and I do the long plan, where I basically just stash any useful T7 in the hopes I might use it someday.

Also, you can simply buy as many tabs as you want, since your gold won’t be useful for the next cycle. So you might as well keep stuff in case you someday start playing legacy for one reason or another.

Lastly, it will also depend a lot on the model that LE decides to use:
-PoE model, where remove-only tabs are forever and you won’t lose them ever
-Diablo model, where your remove-only tabs are only around for a single cycle (so when the next cycle sends stuff to remove-only, the previous ones are deleted).

I am already very strict with what I even pick and.
A lot of exalted items that are potentially good I usually craft on the spot and if they craft “fails” (Run out of FP, remove wrong affix etc.) I throw the item away before even stashing it.

I only play Solo Account Found or sometimes Solo Character Found, so I don’t evne collect stuff for builds that I know I will never play anyway.

With the recent reduction in stash cost honestly I have way too many stash space anyway, even before that change I was pretty good already.

I don’t see myself playing legacy a lot anyway so I will only sometimes use legacy characters to test out stuff before commiting to a build in cycle.

Before I go nuke crazy, I would love to see some patch notes about ward changes. Many of my tanks are geared with intel and ward. Got a feeling that it won’t work in cycle 2.

Patch Notes will come in the pre patch hype week. You cna expet them in the week leading up to the patch release.

1.0 Patch Notes come out 2 days before the patch release, I think its sasve to assuem a similar time frame for 1.1 patch notes.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess ward tanks isn’t going to be a thing moving forward. Then again, you never know, lol. Will wait for the notes before I do Summer cleaning.

I don’t think they intend to wipe out ward. They just want to balance ward with life. Which means that ward will still be used, it just won’t be as strong as it is now.

We need an emergency Dev Stream to answer these pressing issues. Login! :smiley:

I’m actually considering the exact opposite. Nuking all my legacy stuff except things my legacy characters are wearing and good slams.

I’m going to hoard. Maybe I’ll never look at those items again, but I like having them in case I want to make a character in legacy. Who knows if it will ever be this easy again to collect t7 and 3lp items? Maybe items get changed and we’ll never see a fresh 20% Exsanguinous again? Remember the short time with D2 1.08? :wink:

2 Likes

I probably won’t play non-cycle, so all my hoarding will just disappear into the void

it’s kind of cathartic

Going to play in legacy
6 tabs of idols
8-10 tabs for unique and exalted
1 tab of not so crappy old legs
1 tab of set items

I am just kind of sad that my cycle stash is way better organized than my legacy stash…