Witchfire Damage Scaling/Snapshoting

What went wrong?

PREFACE: Testing can’t be done on dummies, since Witchfire won’t proc on them. Rough to test accurately because of this.

So… fairly big one here. Done some extensive testing on Witchfire the last week, with nearly 3 hours alone dedicated to trying to split damage modifiers and track how the increase is going for Damned Chance/Ignite Chance scaling…

Issue is that it is snapshoting the damage. I have tried to see scaling effects, and how it changes. After 5 different cases of video recording, I noticed the damage is snapshoting. Taking off 235% of total damned on hit, I noticed my damage ticks of 1130, and 6500 on 2 similar packs of enemies, the damage stayed the same.

I can’t tell 100% what the scaling is doing specifically, but I do know it is 100% snapshoting making it very tough to actually tell how it scales.

I will post videos this next week when I am off work. Going to try to get the same enemies by snapshoting gear on and off, by just resetting the same map over and over til I get get results.

The mobs in question were the same type of mobs, 2 different times, and 3 different maps total. I would do hits with them with “buffed gear” and hits taking all the gear off… same exact damage numbers. Even waited a minute or so between to make sure all buffs wore-off.

Good news, Witchfire scales, bad news is need more time to break the code.