Witch/Hex/Warlock

No, you did not. But I see what you did there for real… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Just to be clear, this is not even the longest german word. This is how we say ‘‘hello’’ on a casual monday morning.

2 Likes

Made me think of this:

3 Likes

Haha yea, one of my favorite. You can really see how happy he is that he nailed it!

1 Like

All this reminds me with the beginning of the current pandemic.
While the world was struggling, trying to escape the virus, we French were fighting each other in order to know of “covid” was a male or female word.

(and Liam Dutton is a hero)

1 Like

As long as you have your priorities straight. :slight_smile:

Also kinda curious as to what the answer was.

The official position is that “covid” is a female word, because Covid-19 is a disease and “disease” is a female word.

2 Likes

Yeah. And I bet money that theres a group of people that thinks this is discrimination against females… :roll_eyes:

Yup. In French, “tornado” is female while “hurricane” is male. Some say it’s a matter of “temper”

I disagree with the author. Based on the terminology that existed in reality, then 99% of the classes (female) will need to be called Witches number 1, witch number 2, witch number three.
And the characters of the male Witcher number one, the Witcher number two, the Witcher number three.

No spellblades, no Lichs, no Summoning Masters.
In terms of medieval designation, the Druid was either a witch or a witcher.
Why all this in a fantasy based game?

2 Likes

:exploding_head: - me trying to understand why any of this matters. Not to suggest any judgements o e way or the other, just not something that strikes me, personally, as worthy of the effort already out into this topic.

… to each his own

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I honestly find it difficult to explain this given the translation.
But there is a general concept of a profession, for example, “employee of something.”
Police officer.
Ambulance worker.
Fire service worker.
This is the name of the profession itself, not a specific person.
The same applies to playable classes or roles.
Warlock, this is a profession, a role, it has no gender.
The same applies to other playable classes.
Druid, this is Druid, and spellblade, this is spellblade.
Everything else is brain rape. What is it for?

3 Likes

I am stealing that quote.

4 Likes

First of all I realy need to see a real life Valkyrie to know if it’s a he or she or some made up mumbo jumbo. Same goes for warlocks, witches and whatnot. It makes no sence to me to argue about it. If the class i want to play would be called “Eiersollbruchstellenverursacher” I would play it anyway because the last thing i care about when I play my Spriggan build is the name of the skill or class and if my tree toon looks manly or female enough to suite my fantasy.

I’m pretty sure Geoffrey Swivel will see things differently when it comes to “Witches are only female” but that’s just me putting my nose into books.

So much discussion for practically nothing… the effects of “divide and rule” in its purest form. Congratulations.

1 Like

Good luck with this. I suggest you make a selfie with her, then.

1 Like

Why are females called Wo MAN?
They are called that because man came up with it.
Beside that they wanted to hide that it actually means WOW MAN :partying_face:

To make it less obvious for females (so they wouldnt get mad) they removed the W.
All of this isnt true obviously. Iam feeling silly and iam waiting for 8pm to play the patch :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note:
In holland were i live, we actually call a witch Heks, so it was funny to read that you came up with Hex :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.