Will trading runes/glyphs/shards be possible in 1.0?

So, I’ve searched and didn’t see anything specific to this.

Basically, as the title says, will we be able to trade currency with the merchant faction? If I want to buy a couple runes of ascendance, will it be possible? Likewise for shards: if I want to sell a 100 of whatever shards and buy some others, will that be possible?

I remember that one of the plans the devs had for shards was to be able to bulk transform them, but there was no mention about trading them (which would serve the same purpose).
Though I’d be more interested in trading runes, in principle.

From the Item Factions FAQ:

2 Likes

Ok, I admit I haven’t searched that far back, I thought it would have come up somewhere still this year :stuck_out_tongue:

As a sidenote, are there any plans to implement that in the future?
Or is it one of those things that you aren’t planning to do at all, but who knows, maybe it will happen in the future?

No plans to either.

If you are interested in trade and haven’t read that post yet, please do so, it answers almost all of the trade questions.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for your quick answer :slight_smile:

But isn’t that one of the key reasons we could never get rune/shard loot to go straight to the special stash for them? The other being the thrill we experience from clicking that ‘move to stash’ button in our inventory? :wink:

2 Likes

No, that was a reason that many people speculated on being why.

1 Like

To be fair, that’s one of the highlights of my gaming sessions…

1 Like

I paid some dude I met at Best Buy 50 bucks, just to let me move his shards to the stash…

Pay me £50 (not your monotone monopoly money) & give me your steam account & credit card details & I’ll log in & do that for you.

So, are we creating a new kink? People paying money to get the rush of clicking that transfer button? And others getting the rush of having other players click the button for them?

Not kink-shaming (never do) just asking for a friend :joy:

1 Like

You pay me & I’ll do whatever you want (or pay someone else to do the nasty stuff).

1 Like

The Dutch Transfer Click?

“Look, I’m clicking your button… now you’re clicking my button. Feels good, sir…”

2 Likes

There is actually one question I have which I haven’t seen in the post:
-If we put up something for sale, does it spend the favor immediately or does it only spend the favor when the trade is concluded?
-If it spends it immediately, can we cancel the sale and get the favor back?
-Will it be possible to adjust the price of the sale, and if so what will that do to the favor spent?

Mostly I’m curious because something I’ve done in PoE a lot is trying to sell stuff I’m not sure if it’s sellable or not, or try to first sell it at a higher price before lowering it. So I want to know if that’s something we’ll be able to do.

2 Likes

Those are actually details that we are still working out how they will be handled.

2 Likes

Well, my suggestions regarding this, for what it’s worth, would be to spend the favor immediately (otherwise it might get hard to track if you place a lot of them in the market and don’t have enough favor for all), return it if we cancel the trade and adjust the favor if we switch the price up or down.
Many more casual players will be trying to sell low level stuff that might sometimes not be sellable, meaning no one is interested in buying, and making it so that the favor is forever locked there might be a barrier to them.

1 Like

Yeah, I appreciated that. I needed that 50$ for when more visual transmogs drop in the store.

1 Like

We need transfer button MTX, so we get different kinds of pleasure out of it :joy:

2 Likes

Monday I feel more swooshy. Thursdays I like thing to feel more like a re-wind. Saturday’s I wanna see some SWIRL!!!

1 Like

I’m still holding out that gold will go to our inventory, and we’ll have to xfer that out. Just not sure my nucleus accumbens could handle that kind of stimulation…

2 Likes