Will Marskman Be Meta in 1.1?

Hello yall. I decided to theory craft a build with some of the changes that are coming to 1.1. And it feels to me that this build will be competitive this season.

logic

DRS is replaced with the ward system aka it is phase based, means you want to deal continuously damage with high mobility, but be tanky enough to still survive. This way you get the best of both worlds.

I hence, built a char, with defensive layers (dodge, health, dot mitigation, resist, endurance, low life, crit avoidance, freeze / slow, and glancing blow) and health leach.

For damage, i figured to stack dots, of poison and bleed (easy to do), with large spells that i could drop while kitting. Decoy creates flask mines, flask can be thrown manually, jade arrows gurantees bleed and poison. And hail of arrows, stacks mass dots on openers. Ofc multishot being your heavy dealer when large openers

I intend to aim for this, for cycle 1.1 but do you have better ideas?

Will Marksman be meta in 1.1?
No.
I was looking at your planner…oh boy.
How will you sustain mana? You run 4 skills with high mana cost and no generator.

2 Likes

You’ll need to be relatively close for that.

My void marksman was far from meta (c300) before 1.1 and probably gonna be trashed out now

New quiver with void dmg looks worse than Nightbringer
Shackles - nerf
Multishot pushback from flurry - disabled
No void bow stuff, tons of new uniques - zero to +bow dmg or +void dmg to be paired with Nightbringer quiver

If you want meta archer - avoid :skull:void

1 Like

My multishot has 0 mana cost at 0. Dash also generates 60 mana per dash, as at low life its 3Xed. Arrows also generate mana when fired at 0 mana cost.

A little confusing. But the gist is. Fire large skills to get to 0. Fire multishot to get mana, drop multi shot to loose mana. Use multi shot to gain mana. Use skills. Repeat

so you r planning on manually using acid flask/multi shot/hail of arrow???

Aha so you bring your mana down to 0 first with different skills and only use MS with 0 mana. Why speccing into more projectiles and giant slayer then when the 0 mana cost node only allows 3 arrows max?

1 Like

Mostly for fast clears of echos. Running out of mana on those dont matter. Just spray and watch them all die. On bosses you got around 1s of cast time with some exceptions (julra cheese strat of ledge, lagon wall clip, famosis during cast, emp of corpses from edge).

So firing 3 arrows during boss wont effect you much. You would be using hail on them while kiting. And traps against floating bosses like harton, harrot, abomination as they move slowly or predicrably. Could in theory drop all traps on lightless arbor and run.

Hard to explain via writing.