Will maps ever stop resetting the second you leave the zone?

I did just a few, but it helped to pick some stuff up. Not so much that you need to go to town to dump inventory, but picking some stuff along the way helped a little. Especially because I tend to rush the early zones.

I think the one thing that would really help new players understand how different LE is in this area is some sort of explanation that they need to pick up to use an item, not to pick up to sell every item to the vendor. That is why this is use a big issue with new players, they just don’t understand it’s not a vendor-rummage sale like every other game.

2 Likes

The new player experience (like in new to the genre) is trash tier so I have no high hopes anything changes prior ro 1.0.

Oh I’m not saying for 1.0, just something that probably should be provided in some way eventually to help new players. It’s way too late to expect any suggestion to make it into 1.0.

I dont mind zones being reset.

However. I can point out where zone reseting will be a bigger issue than it is now. Surprised it has not been brought up yet.

TRADING. Zone reseting will hurt trading players. Especially like someone said about there friend getting killed and now the loot is gone.

Trading will give a reason to portal back to tow. Amd drop off ur loot to stash to later be sold at the bazaar.

If my inventory is full of loot worth selling in the bazaar but theres loot on the ground worth picking up and selling in the bazaar. That loot will be gone. Once u port out

Welp there goes a possible 500k gold worth item cuz zones reset on port out.

Ya ya i know just drop an item that worth the least amount og gold to pick up the 500k gold item to trade.

1 Like

Due to the favor costs associated with selling an item, this situation will rarely be an issue apart from situations where there is a very large loot explosion. Almost all of which are limited to zones with a stash in them.

3 Likes

Thats a good point. Wasnt think about favor when i wrote this.

With how favor works ya i can see this not really being an issue

I’m glad it’s not an issue you have but others do and you should try to understand that point of view and be sympathetic.

3 Likes

That’s because the devs decided to make an Annoyance to Irrelevant by Forcing Him to Play the Campaign Simulator v1.0. And, good on them for it!

1 Like

OK, with this clarification, I agree. :slight_smile:
It does help to pick up the first few blue and yellow and sell them when the story brings you back to town, to get a first weapon and a bit of armour.
But if someone picks up so much stuff that they need to portal out, they’re doing it wrong.

2 Likes

I do wonder just how much explaining/handholding would be required for someone new to the genre. Also, should it be written in crayon and explain things such as “monsters/mobs are bad and you need to kill them”, “dieing is bad”, “equipping better gear is good” & the like. Just how “new to the genre” should it be?

1 Like

It’s not people going to town to sell loot. It’s when I accidentally zone into the next area, enter an instance inside a zone and then exit, or go back to town to turn in a quest and then go back, etc.

I like to have my overlay map completely drawn, and hate that it resets.

6 Likes

Yup, with you on that one.

2 Likes

Step 1: Double-Click on the ‘Last Epoch’ icon to start the game.
Step 2: The ‘Login’ button, logs you into the game.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

I agree. It’s absurd to as near edge of zone killed a mob and 2 set items drop and then I was zoned. Zoned back to pick up loot and it was all gone. A bit ridiculous. Uniques should be sent to you of this happens. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t make the zone a click to confirm or something. Either way learning more n more and it can be fixed in a later update.

2 Likes

Agreed. Sadly, the game will be unplayable if not fixed/changed.

Not really, selling gear gives such a small amount of gold it’s really not worth it so there’s generally not much point in leaving a zone before you have to move to the next one (with the exception of if something IRL pops up you have to deal with & you want to move your character to a safe place).

I find that it’s only during the campaign that this matters, but players will soon pick up that drops for so little that there is no point in grabbing stuff from the ground. I used to pick uniques since they are worth a bit more, but even that…

But yeah, it is annoying. For example when we reach the temple early in the campaign and we hop into a rift to grab a shard when we come out the map repopulates, then we back track to the start and have to kill everything again, then we find the other rift, go in, grab the second shard, come out, and now we have to back track AGAIN and re-kill AGAIN.

With experience we learn we cannot teleport to the waypoint if already in the map (why? Dunno) so when we are inside the rift picking the shards we teleport from there to the waypoint and save both backtracking and having to re-clear the map.

But outside of the campaign echoes are super fast.

I’m hoping this changes also. I would prefer if you port out and go back in for the progress you have already made in said area to be where you leave off from.

I feel it gives a slight sense of progression and immersion which can be hard to come by in an arpg.

2 Likes

It is a needed change so I don’t understand the argument of the gentleman validating it with it not being important for him, even if selling loot is not a great source of income, I thought this game was created so we can play however we want, and enjoy different approaches and going through this forum the same issue is being created as in any other game which aka placing the issues under the rug because you cannot enjoy the game and include the constructive criticism or even focus on the QoL issues that should have been resolved ages ago.

4 Likes