Why was ice thorns removed?

For a pure spriggan reflect build that was the only spell that synergized well with summon spriggand reflect damage (scales with vitality) and thornshell shield (attunement scaling). Now that same build gets less damage (less reflect) and less dr by having less armor. what alternative can i use for such a build? or is it dead?

i really dont enjoy totem gameplay and the reflect build was super fun for me similar to rammus from league of legends or thorns from diablo. very few games have such a mechanic so im sad it got a big nurf.

atleast give us more idols to cast spells while in transformed state similar to the malestorm every 5 seconds etc. maybe i could atleast cast upheaval or some attunement stacking spells in spriggand form using that playstyle. otherwise idk what to do after thinking for hrs.

sorry for bad english btw.

Because outside of the one instance you mentioned, the ability was absolute trash, and even then it was hardly viable. It had little to no synergy with the rest of the primalist toolkit and was subpar at defensive and especially offensive play.

But still why not just keep it and add more spells? Why replace an existing ability that has synergy with existing builds. If it’s a bad skill it’s better than nothing because you don’t really have much options for non totem spriggan reflect build.

I hadn’t even noticed this. I’m playing with my pre-1.0 shaman and I still have ice thorns specced. The full tree is still there. I never noticed because it was a useless slot which I didn’t need, mostly for defense if necessary when taking lethal and transforming back to human.

1 Like

same thing happened to me but you can only cast ice thorns. all the nodes are not functional

bump plz