Which skills from other games do you NOT want to see?

it seems that the thread goes into a direction where more and more are posting stuff wich they dont want to see in the game (not only skills), so maybe you should change the title or we have to focus our feedback only around the skills :wink:

i see there is a long discussion around the ā€œmovementā€ based skills and i think there is no problem with zero-cooldown ones if you consider two things. wich are a) the mana cost, wich can be a good counter. and b) the boss mechanics. that means if you have zero cooldown movement skills you can make bosses with a higher difficult in terms of reaction. thats why in PoE build with 4k life are possible, so you can learn how to perfectly dodge nearly everything. if it had a cooldown i think it would hurt the build diversity because you would need to focus at very high movement speed (queen) or you have to build very tanky so you can take some hits, especially at melee. btw i personally realy like the shield charge tree on the voidknight from the demo because its can do alot of dmg, but the mana costs are also very high so you cant spam it until you have ALOT man reg :slight_smile: and if you can achive that it feels like a great reward.

so and i want to throw my 2 cents into the ā€œwhat i realy dislike from other ARPGsā€ pot :wink:
and that is a the part where you stop upgrading your character. that is a point wich PoE has realy nicely done. you have to skills wich are upgrading until lvl 20, your own lvl wich goes up to 100 (and is nearly impossible to achive for casuals), the labyrinth wich gives you still upgrades in the very endgame (uber lab), pantheons etc. what i want to say is that i hope you dont stop to early in upgrading your character in LE. i realy like the idea in having a starter class wich splits up into two new ones after a while. but if that comes to early i see myself of loosing the interest in lvling my character. so i would help if there would be e.g. some skills wich you would unlock in the very end of your lvl progress like in the D2 mod ā€œMedian XLā€ if you know it ;). there you have the choice of 3 very powerfull skills at lvl 90 and 2 additional wich are unly unlockable after a very hard challenge through the whole game. THAT is what makes it so much fun for me to play a charcater so long. the feeling of a never ending rewarding long time upgrade in your character progress :wink:

greetings

Iā€™m fine with movement skills as long as you canā€™t fly through the game like in PoE, so they need a cd or some other type of limit. What I donā€™t want though is active skills that are just passive buffs. Since we only get 5 skills in this game I think they should all be ones we are actively using, not just one you slot and then hit once and get a buff forever. I think the demo already has some like this so I hope they get redesigned over time. One option would be to make them like the monk mantras in D3, where they give a buff for a long time, but also give a shorter but more powerful buff when used.

+1 to this.

The D3 wizard still suffers from this. Itā€™s armor skills, familiar, and magic weapon are all just passive buffs that require a button press once every 5-10 minutes. They are frequently too good to pass up, which means you end up with 3/6 skills max that you use for actual gameplay.

The closer we can get to not having obligatory skills (the transform skills in D3 for instance) the better, since the number of skills is limited.