Which decade made you an ARPG fan?

Let us know in the comments!

4 Likes

2000s with d2, but you forgot Grim Dawn on the pictures :wink:

3 Likes

Both my favorite aRPG’s (besides LE of course) are not present here, i can’t vote.

2013 Marvel Heroes (most played game ever)
2016 Grim Dawn

2 Likes

PoE! It changed the genre as a whole. IMO it is the premiere aRPG game that other competitors should strive to be like.

1 Like

90’s with diablo of course. many other ARPGS followed which i probably dont remember all of them

2 Likes

In the 90´s a friend introduced me to D1 on PS1, been hooked ever since, with D2, Grim Dawn, and now LE as my favourites

1 Like

You youngsters… I played D1 on the university’s network. Back then there was friendly fire (sniggers remembering playing a mage with chain lightning standing at the back of the group in a corridor).

2 Likes

Nineties for me, as well.

1 Like

a friend of mine had diablo 1 on his pc and i watched him play a bit of it, but i never got into it… i somehow completely missed d2, despite being the right age and demographic for it at the time. when d3 came out, i tried it and hated it, and after that one of my friends convinced me to try poe. that was the one that finally got me.

since then i have played through d1-3 and enjoyed them, and most of grim dawn (never finished the dlc), but poe and now LE are the only arpgs i’ve ever really loved.

1 Like

90’s DIABLO!

1 Like

Well since Diablo was the first so called ARPG it’s the 90’s

1 Like

80’s Wing Commander and Bard’s Tale.

1 Like

hehe. This image is very sneakily clever :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

2000s my first arpg was diablo 2 and been a fan ever since

2004 in 8th grade I had access to my first PC at home and Diablo 2 Was my intro into the ARPG world and i loved it, however in the 2010s nothing really lived up to D2 and i lost interest and moved on to MMORPG’s.

Presently however my interest has been renewed :slight_smile:

1. Because Castle Wolfenstein was all action back then and you youngsters have it easy with your Diablo 1 and 2.

90’s Diablo.

Then it was Diablo 2 (turned my pothead roomie into a gamer), then TQ (modded), followed by Marvel Heroes (still extremely disappointed/bitter over how it ended), and finally Grim Dawn. Probably have about 4000 hours between Diablo 1 and these games… :sweat_smile:

I haven’t really gotten into any of the recent releases. Got burnt by Wolcen and Pagan: Absent Devs, and have seen some dumpster fires in the last few years, so it’s made me a lot more skeptical of EA/beta ARPGs.

Have high hopes for LE though. Eagerly awaiting the release of the Falconer and Warlock! :heart:

Started with Diablo. First I played the demo for countless hours. Then the full version hooked me in. D2 was mandatory then and a blast. Played it for years. Never got deep into an ARPG since then, not Diablo 3, not PoE.

Missed Grim Dawn completely. Came back to ARPGs with the release of Wolcen. And the Wolcen Reddit pointed me to LE :grin:

Though I must admit, my favourite aRPG (prior to LE) was Sacred 1/2, due to the community (which LE has) & the games’ sense of humour.

2000s with Diablo 2: LoD. It was my first experience with online multiplayer.

It is still in my top 5 games of all time (and Last Epoch is getting closer and closer :slight_smile: )!